Nigerians in Kabukicho. Here we go again!

Ddddd

TAG Member
Reaction score
This guy on Reddit clams that he was drugged and got 2M yen in charges on his credit card.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
God damn....

What's it going to take? Do we need to buy ad space somewhere and keep blaring the whole "STAY AWAY FROM TOUTS" message???

I'm still shocked that:

A) This still happens with all the warnings posted around.
B) They still get away with it.
C) If part of that was on a credit card - that a merchant provider let's this shit go on. It's right down hard to get a merchant account to process credit cards legitimately, but I guess like most non-legit things, it's easier to go through back channels.

Crazy Crazy.

What's it going to take? Do we need to buy ad space somewhere and keep blaring the whole "STAY AWAY FROM TOUTS" message???

Honestly, this one even knew he shouldn’t go and was too weak willed to stick to his guns.

The only way this ever ends is if the cops actually do their jobs. They’re just scared of being labeled racists by the Nigerian embassy if you believe some journos. More likely they just enjoy their cut of the action...

Well the edit says it was "just" 200k not two million. Though if it was 2 million then you could maybe get the cops interested; 200k is just one more foreign moron getting his balls and wallet emptied at the same time.

Well the edit says it was "just" 200k not two million. Though if it was 2 million then you could maybe get the cops interested; 200k is just one more foreign moron getting his balls and wallet emptied at the same time.
Good catch... I saw the 2m yen, but I kinda assumed that they were miscalculating the conversion. 200k is still a chunk to just to get tossed away.

And to think all that could have been avoided by uttering the magical four word phrase that English people get drilled into them since birth and then walking a bit faster. "Piss off, you wanker!" We Americans get stuck with the far less sophisticated "fuck off, asshole." I am so disappointed in that missed opportunity.

Honestly, this one even knew he shouldn’t go and was too weak willed to stick to his guns.

The only way this ever ends is if the cops actually do their jobs. They’re just scared of being labeled racists by the Nigerian embassy if you believe some journos. More likely they just enjoy their cut of the action...

Yeah, the laws are on the books, the police just don't have the directive for it to be worth their time to enforce the laws.
Think they would rather go after people trying to trick old people etc in scams....
The attitude of the police is if you had the money to spare to go play, and gave up the money on your own then what you got was at your own risk.

And to think all that could have been avoided by uttering the magical four word phrase that English people get drilled into them since birth and then walking a bit faster. "Piss off, you wanker!" We Americans get stuck with the far less sophisticated "fuck off, asshole." I am so disappointed in that missed opportunity.
I never had to insult them, always turned them down with a smile

I may be naive but I'm genuinely shocked that Nigerians are allowed to get away with this in Tokyo. Years ago, when I lived in Osaka, there were always a handful of Nigerians in the Ame-Mura area of Namba, but I got the distinct impression that the local yakuza (Kansai gangsters, especially the Yamaguchi-gumi chinpira, tend to be much more violent in public) kept them in line. You would normally find them in booths selling ridiculous "hip hop" garbage and telling all the girls they were black rappers from NYC, but I never saw them actually running scams like this. Seemed to me like they were extra careful not to screw up as the racist Osaka cops would probably be happy to haul them in and the yaks would probably throw them a beating for screwing up the business. I actually had just one interaction with a Nigerian, but mind you I appear to be Japanese, so it went like this:

NIGERIAN: "Oi Oi Oi!!" (Waving me over to his booth full of "Jamaican" pothead shirts and Puff Daddy necklaces).

ME: "Nah." Wave him away.

NIGERIAN: "OI!! OI!!

ME: "I can speak English, you know."

NIGERIAN: "Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Where you from, my man?"

ME: "America."

NIGERIAN: "I don't think so, my man."

ME: "I'm an American."

NIGERIAN: "I don't think so, my man. You lie. Where you from?"

ME: "I said I'm an American, you stupid motherfucker. Where the fuck are you from?"

NIGERIAN: "Huh? Uhhhhh....America."

ME: "Is that so? Where in America?"

NIGERIAN: "Uh....New York City."

ME: "No kidding? Which borough?"

NIGERIAN: "Uhhhh....yeah."

ME: "So where are you really from?"

NIGERIAN: "Uhhhh....Uhhhhhh.....Nigeria."

And he never asked me to come into his shop again. Outside of that, seemed like they generally stayed out of trouble. Maybe Tokyo's gangsters have evolved more than in Kansai's, using Nigerians to do the dirty work that the Osaka gangsters have always reserved for their Korean and Chinese chinpira or low-level thugs. But the Korean knock-around guys were actually not too bad and we used to occasionally have a few drinks with a couple of them at the downtown gaijin bars, where they'd saunter in after their shifts at the kyabakura were over. Perhaps because the racist Osaka Japanese love to shit on zainichi every chance they get, they figured us for kindred spirits.

And every time I discuss Koreans, my thoughts inevitably drift to happy memories of soft, soapy Korean titties sliding across my nutsack while I lie, smiling, on a table shower in Okachimachi. See? I'm cosmopolitan, after all.

Gotta shine em your Manson Lamps.
It works better when I’m drunk. Many options but the one I prefer is : you walk fast head down and if they talk to you you stop , keep head down for a while muttering gibberish between your teeth , then you slowly raise the head and you look at them without really looking at them , eyes wide opened. You tremble and laugh hysterically.
Also sometimes when I have time I grab their arm or shoulder and shout “Yeeeeeah Show Me Some Pusssssyyy”

I also recommend this technique with NHK inspectors and Jeovah’s witnesses

I never had to insult them, always turned them down with a smile
I’ve never had to insult them either.

I still do, but it’s because I enjoy it, not because I have to.

I just arrived in Tokyo yesterday and on my first night had one of these Nigerian scammer situations in Roppongi. My friend and I were hustled into a bar by one of the Nigerian touts on the street in Roppongi. While there they racked up lots of charges. The first bill came and it was about 100,000 yen. That we paid and we would have been content to go back and finish our drinks and leave, but when we tried to leave the Nigerian guy came out and started pushing for more and more money and pushing more and more invoices in front of us. They wanted about 400,000 yen more! Crazy! A bunch of shouting and then shoving and then punching ensued and then the nigerian guy and the dancer girls were on their backs on the floor and we ran down the stairs laughing our asses off. We then came home and called our credit card issuing bank in the US and canceled the card and reported it lost basically screwing the nigerians and their bar so that they get nothing, not even 1 yen. I suppose they'll be quite pissed off at us if they see us walking past their bars again, but otherwise I suppose it will just be forgotten. Or will it? I think this isn't the first time someone's done what we've done, and not likely the last. What do you guys with more experience think?

Reactions: DireWolf98
I just arrived in Tokyo yesterday and on my first night had one of these Nigerian scammer situations in Roppongi. My friend and I were hustled into a bar by one of the Nigerian touts on the street in Roppongi. While there they racked up lots of charges. The first bill came and it was about 100,000 yen. That we paid and we would have been content to go back and finish our drinks and leave, but when we tried to leave the Nigerian guy came out and started pushing for more and more money and pushing more and more invoices in front of us. They wanted about 400,000 yen more! Crazy! A bunch of shouting and then shoving and then punching ensued and then the nigerian guy and the dancer girls were on their backs on the floor and we ran down the stairs laughing our asses off. We then came home and called our credit card issuing bank in the US and canceled the card and reported it lost basically screwing the nigerians and their bar so that they get nothing, not even 1 yen. I suppose they'll be quite pissed off at us if they see us walking past their bars again, but otherwise I suppose it will just be forgotten. Or will it? I think this isn't the first time someone's done what we've done, and not likely the last. What do you guys with more experience think?
You did the right thing. Fuck them all , scumbags. What was the name of the bar?

What do you guys with more experience think?

Me thinks the charge for 100.000 yens went through before you reported your card lost which means the bank will make you responsible for the amount.

Reactions: BB0523 and MossBoss
And every time I discuss Koreans said:
I never read that review...........

Reactions: BB0523
Not necessarily, if you do it within 24hrs of the charge many times you'll be ok.

Seems there are big differences between countries how this is handled. In some the responsibility of all charges is on the card owner until the call is made; US of A seems to be mostly on the small guy's side as the maximum you would pay is 50 bucks.

Though if the charge is made with your PIN number they could claim you haven't kept it safely and hold you liable of the charges anyway. Though obviously it's kind of a moot point to speculate on this as the card user in this case made the payment by himself.

Reactions: Negi77 and impish