Guest viewing is limited

nightlife in taito/asakusa/ueno

Zoolander69

TAG Member
Reaction score
any good bars or nightlife in taito ward? not looking for nightclubs specifically but some lively bars to visit that stay open late .stayed at Shinjuku last time and had fun but looking at staying somewhere in taito this time round. if no nightlife in that area where do you recommend?

Reactions: MossBoss
I actually like the night life around those areas. Asakusa is probably more interesting in the early evening hours but tends to die off except for tourists walking around at night. Ueno, west of Chuo-dori is to be avoided. I hate going through there...

There are plenty of places to go, even if dirty, between Ueno station and Okachimachi.
Between Uneo and Asakusa, there are a few unique places but it's kinda dead after 9pm.

I actually like the night life around those areas. Asakusa is probably more interesting in the early evening hours but tends to die off except for tourists walking around at night. Ueno, west of Chuo-dori is to be avoided. I hate going through there...

There are plenty of places to go, even if dirty, between Ueno station and Okachimachi.
Between Uneo and Asakusa, there are a few unique places but it's kinda dead after 9pm.

Couldn't agree more with this. West of Chuo dori can be interesting though. When they start talking to you then you know it's gotta be horrible. It's the places that won't allow you in is where I want to visit.