No Play Zones?

KansaiBboy

Main Man
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was just reading a review of someone using a Deli-Heru in Shibuya, and that got me remembering coming out of love hotel hill and unexpectedly meeting half of my band there (they didn't see me with the girl, which would have been more embarrassing)

So now I don't play (music yes, hobby no) in Shibuya, even though the chances of being recognized are slim.

Outside of the area around your home, do you all have "no play zones" where your worried about being recognized?

Hi Guys,

I was just reading a review of someone using a Deli-Heru in Shibuya, and that got me remembering coming out of love hotel hill and unexpectedly meeting half of my band there (they didn't see me with the girl, which would have been more embarrassing)

So now I don't play (music yes, hobby no) in Shibuya, even though the chances of being recognized are slim.

Outside of the area around your home, do you all have "no play zones" where your worried about being recognized?

I used to not play close to work for fear of running into a co-worker. Especially true of strip clubs, titty bars and massage parlors. People apparently like to go to those places after work. I'm a little more lax about it now and avoid just the most obvious, high traffic spots.

Unfortunately for me yoshiwara is a no play zone. I have in-laws working in asakusa. I did go once but it was a risk. With shibuya or kabukicho i could probably come up with an alibi as to why Im there but deepest Minowa, nah Id be fucked.
I recently went to ikebukuro to meet Anna, was very nice of her to go all the way out there for me to keep things discrete.

Yokohama is my “no play zone” in Japan. I’ve done a number of projects there over the years with very nice, salt-of-the-earth kind of people. They’ve had me over for lunch or dinner with their families. I don’t want to mess around there even though I’ve been tempted to.
Anyway, that’s all good since I love playing in Tokyo.

Very similar situation to the OP - I'm usually in Shibuya/Kabukicho for work and also find myself in similar areas for P4P regularly.
On the flip side, though, since I'm there for work all the time unless someone sees me actually going into/out of a shop or hotel there are a million reasons why I could be in those areas.

I've run into people I know from work many, many times on the way back from a session and its never been an issue.

There are some hotels in those areas that I wouldn't use due to their visibility, though. All those ones on the main street through Dogenzaka are out, but there are enough on the back streets that its not really an issue.

In the context of this thread my profession is a bit of a problem in that my colleagues travel the wworld as wwidely as I do and tend to spend time in many of the same places. Most travel significantly less than I do, but quite a few travel as much or more. This means that I easily can unexpectedly bump into someone that I know through work connections on the far side of the world; this has happened a few times and led to awkward situations, but not disasters, a few times over the years.

My sophisticated technique for dealing with this risk consists mainly of refusing to think about it too much or often. :D

-Ww

I do. That's why I prefer travelling to four or five star hotels or business hotels. It's much easier to come up with an excuse in a luxury hotel setting. Same reason why you will probably see me wearing a business chic dress with a jacket on top.