Guest viewing is limited

Noise

vondoom

darkness forever!!
Reaction score
is there any regulation about noise in japan?
for over six month, my neighbours kid is screaming way past midnight...
these days the brat doesnt stop until 4am and i can hardly sleep because of it...
it happens every day, they bath it between 1am and 2am, then watch kids tv shows and then they play with it...

is there any way to deal with it? or is it okay to just go over and say ""yo, shut that kid up!" (they dont open the door, btw)?

Reactions: patty diaz
First of all, you're not supposed to sleep.
You're supposed to bang a girl every night and make her scream all night long (which would have the over benefit of covering the kids noise)

OR

You could try to bang the kids mother in order to provoke a divorce.
(but shit might stick to you in the process)

OR

You could do the GAMAN thing the Japanese people master so much.

Reactions: vondoom
haha, thx...

if you would have seen the mother, you would forget about banging someone for a while...

banging a girl every night, or only once a year is utopia to me, so i have to skip that option...

the gaman thing is over, its been going on for a year now and it doesnt only influence my daily routine, it also starts effecting work now...

sure, i could close my window, but that isnt really healthy here since it is too hot (and the window facing their home isnt even open)...

A civilized conversation usually works. Most people don't do this stuff on purpose.

But I second banging the wife, 一石二鳥

if you play with your kid way after midnight youre doing that on purpose...

conversation doesnt work, they dont open the door...

Reactions: Anna Summer
if you play with your kid way after midnight youre doing that on purpose...

conversation doesnt work, they dont open the door...

Sorry, didn't realize you already tried knocking. How about a letter? You have to understand small children don't understand the concept of appropriateness sometimes, maybe the parents are trying to calm the kid down by playing with it? Otherwise I would suggest contacting your building manager if all else fails.

@majimekun its actually the opposite... but maybe im just no longer human^^

yeah sure i tried knocking... like after two month and also a few times later, i mean i just wanted to tell them to shut the window, thats all...
but since of course nobody is answering, im really considering to go to the nearest koban (which is a huge nogo to me, thats why im hesitating, as long as i im not sure if it is justified)...

im also not blaming the damn brat (im just mad at it, because its creaming all the time).... i think its the parents and especially that they keep their child awake until 3am, or sometimes 4 am...
i got no idea what they are talking about, since they are speaking indian, or some similar language...

building manager is also a different from mine, they are not in the same building...

lol, as i said, you didnt see the wife^^
and im not trying to be impolite here...

Reactions: zer0ed
that is an opinion to have^^

or maybe i should just threaten to bang his wife... "if i ever hear that kid again, im banging your wife!"... he might be happy with that, though...

Reactions: zer0ed
nice!
i was thinking about molotov already, but that seems to be the better option...

If the woman is that ugly, have someone take photos of the husband in soaplands and send them to the family :)

or maybe i should spend more time at the soap land...

yeah they are not...
but japanese kids do scream as well and i dont care about their nationality, i care about the noise...
maybe its perfectly normal where they are from and of course i also know that where i am from, people are a little strict (and somehow like japanese in most regards), but still, that is going on for a year now...

My favourite thing to do its the anonymous letter dropped in the mail box that or put a message on their front door. That's very inconsiderate of the neighbours

An extreme solution to save your sanity(from your posts, what little is left)

Move!!!

Another possibility, in my experience, the friendly folks at the neighborhood koban are extremely helpful. You may want to visit them and ask them about possible solutions.

dscn0693aj.JPG

yeah, that is the long term solution... no money to move, otherwise i would have done that already... on the other hand, my rent is 20000 for a more or less nice room in a convenient area.... but yes, one day^^

i guess i go with the note first... a friendly one, then a not so friendly one (i dont expect anything to change, to be honest)...

yeah, that is the long term solution... no money to move, otherwise i would have done that already... on the other hand, my rent is 20000 for a more or less nice room in a convenient area.... but yes, one day^^

i guess i go with the note first... a friendly one, then a not so friendly one (i dont expect anything to change, to be honest)...

See my edit

yeah, thats why im asking... im not sure if it is okay to bother them with that...

Research their building manager & make a complaint. Usually the managers name & contact info is in the lobby of most buildings.
If not search for the address & try to contact them.
Record it & send a video link for proof with the time.

Reactions: patty diaz