Guest viewing is limited

Non smoking CK and HB

Ddddd

TAG Member
Reaction score
Maybe a silly question, but myself and the lady who would eventually agree to join me to a HB/CK, are non smokers. Not only non smokers, but we quite dislike to go to places with smoke. Like, why would you go to a restaurant where people smoke, if you are going to smell your neighbours cigarette instead of your food?

So, my fear is that, this being Japan, CK and HB will be small places with bad ventilation, lots of people smoking inside, and the air quality of a gas chamber.

If this is the case, my lady will bail out in 0.3 seconds.

For the experienced here, is there any of those places of sin, with a reasonably clean atmosphere?

Last edited:
Maybe a silly question, but myself and the lady who would eventually agree to join me to a HB/CK, are non smokers. Not only non smokers, but we quite dislike to go to places with smoke. Like, why would you go to a restaurant where people smoke, if you are going to smell your neighbours cigarette instead of your food?

So, my fear is that, this being Japan, CK and HB will be small places with bad ventilation, lots of people smoking inside, and the air quality of a gas chamber.

If this is the case, my lady will bail out in 0.3 seconds.

For the experienced here, is there any of those places of sin, with a reasonably clean atmosphere?

You could always invite some couples and split a suite at a hotel. Then you'll be guaranteed a smoke free environment.

Must be unbearable living in the City with all the cars, trucks, busses and trains.

You could always invite some couples and split a suite at a hotel. Then you'll be guaranteed a smoke free environment.

Sure, but I was hoping for a gentler introduction to this world for my lady. Going directly to a hotel would be too nuch for a first time. Besides, there's still the issue of finding the other couple.

My only question is how bad is the tabaco smoke in those places and if by any chance there's any that is smoke free. There seem to be some usuals around here, so I was expecting some insights.

Must be unbearable living in the City with all the cars, trucks, busses and trains.

You are not adding anything interesting to this thread.

Sure, but I was hoping for a gentler introduction to this world for my lady. Going directly to a hotel would be too nuch for a first time. Besides, there's still the issue of finding the other couple.

My only question is how bad is the tabaco smoke in those places and if by any chance there's any that is smoke free. There seem to be some usuals around here, so I was expecting some insights.

At Bliss only bar floor is smoking , play floor is smoke-free. And more interesting. Cross the bar floor quickly with gas masks and have your fun downstairs

PS: and don’t reply moaning “yes but I want to drink without smokers too, booooooh” coz I will answer “then drink in your room”

Problem solved. Thank you Uncle Frenchy

Reactions: Ddddd and oLUXo

In Japan, pretty much any drinking establishment has smoking. Even love hotels smells like cigarettes the moment you go in. You'll just have to get over it. I'm not a big fan of sitting in cigarette smoke, but sometimes, there is no other option.

In the upper floor -named relaxing area- of Sleeping Beauty, the room is big enough to have a good ventilation with quite clean air and the sofas are distributed in a large U shape. It’s quite comfortable and people are considerate.
Smoking is not allowed in all the playrooms of Japanese HBs. Nor in the showers :happy:

Reactions: Ddddd
Yeah... smoking is hard to avoid 100%, but as stated, playrooms are smoke free.

If someone is that ultra sensitive to smoke, then those places aren’t going to be a good option either way.

Sorry :(

I also hate smoke, they’re all gas chambers on weekends when busy. Not so bad midweek though, I usually go on Thursdays when they’re not dead but not packed. And yeah as noted above Sleeping Beauty’s upstairs bar is good for avoiding smoke

Yeah... smoking is hard to avoid 100%, but as stated, playrooms are smoke free.

If someone is that ultra sensitive to smoke, then those places aren’t going to be a good option either way.

Sorry :(

I was hoping that at least one of the venues would be smoke free.

The tolerance for the tabaco in Japan is quite unbelievable for a developed country... And I was hoping that the Olympics would bring some changes in this aspect... But we seem to be out of luck...

Anyways. I will have to try harder to convince my friend.

There is still hope.

Olive21's main area and playrooms are non smoking and smokers have a dedicated room just for that.
Doesn't mean it is completely smoke free but I would say this is your best option given your requirements.

Now Olive does have other drawbacks that you can read about in a thread called HB vs CK.

Sleeping Beauty's upstairs floor may be smoke free, but the basement floor, where you are seated at the beginning, is pretty bad. So you'll be garanteed to have stinky hair and clothes the second you enter the club.

Reactions: Frenchy
And I was hoping that the Olympics would bring some changes in this aspect... But we seem to be out of luck...

All venues serving food and/or alcohol will be required to go 100% non smoking from April. Hang in there. :)

Hopefully @deity listens to you.
The law's already been passed, it goes into effect in April. The only exemptions are places that are run without any employed staff - so owner/family operated and staffed shops. Every other shop in Tokyo will be required to toss the ashtrays.

The law's already been passed, it goes into effect in April. The only exemptions are places that are run without any employed staff - so owner/family operated and staffed shops. Every other shop in Tokyo will be required to toss the ashtrays.

That are some really good news.