Non-tokyo Soapland Knowledge/experiences

Soapysoap66

Retired soapland hobbyist
Reaction score
Hi, I'm very curious about soaplands in other non-Tokyo cities like Kobe and Kawazaki. Is there anyone who has any experience/knowledge about them, especially the gaijin tolerance, then I would be very interested to hear about it.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I cannot really comment on the cities you named, as I didn't spend prolonged periods of time there, but afaik the soaplands in kansai area are not easy to access.
I have spend some time in kyushuu and it really depends on the place there. Kitakyushuu in general seemed to be extremely closed, didn't check on soaps in particular.
In Fukuoka (Nakasu) my impression was that most soaplands were open (but limited choice) , but fashion health are completely closed and most sexy kyaba too. DH are hit and miss.
In Beppu I stumbled into some soapland once to round out my onsen session, but that was really by chance. My Japanese at that time was N3 only I think.

I've never managed to get into any of the soaps in Kansai - even times when I've been with local friends who were regulars. It's been a few years, though, so things may have changed as the economy slows.

Fukuwara is difficult, out of the 15 bathhouses I called only one was willing to accept a foreign customer. Strolling the area got me another invitation from a tout. It was just after payday and two of the upscale soaplands had these large flower bouquets outside, welcoming a party of guests. My impression is that the Fukuwara soaplands live mostly off politicians and syndicates and thus do not need to open their "business" to other guests :unsure: .

Nakasu got me a few invitations (even got approached by a tout while walking down chuo-dôri). Niigata was off-limits. Kaike-Onsen was dead, if you head to one of the really rural soaps you'd better call ahead a few days in advance.

I tried Club Amour in Osaka, and it is gaijin friendly.
I guess it qualifies as a Soapland : there's private rooms exactly similar to Tokyo Soaplands, and I got a classic course with naughty mat play. They advertize AF but they wouldn't confirm this option. A few girls are ok with Gaijin.
I wasn't offered or provided FS but didn't try nor wanted it during the course. A satisfactory experience, good memories !

The reason why Club Amour and the other Fashionhealth-etablissements (for example Club Rich) in Nishishinsaibashi look like soaplands is that they housed in fact soaplands. Around 1990 (when the the International Garden and Greenery Exposition was held in Osaka) the soaplands were forced to shut down or had to change their way of business. The law concerning prostitution seems to be rather strict in Osaka prefecture.

In general, intercourse is always guaranteed at a soapland. If there's no FS, it's not a soap.

Ogoto-Onsen in Shiga Prefecture is actually quite open towards foreigners, as long as you speak decent japanese. I called several shops in the upper price range (50k to 70k for 120 min.) and was never outright rejected, but told that they couldn't tell me anything specific until I'd drop by. As the location is a little bit far from either Ogoto-Onsen or Hieizan-Sakamoto stations on the JR Kosei Line they offered to pick me up.
The staff's attitude was very polite, I didn't have to pay any extra fees and got the usual discount for new customers, I just had to wait in a different room until the japanese customers had made their choice. After they made their choice I was seated in the regular area, as soon as both the other customers went upstairs the Tencho greeted me and told me which girls were willing to see me, explained the pricing and the do's and don'ts. Ogoto does get hardly any foreigners at all, so the staff is very eager to make sure that the girls are safe. Condom use is mandatory.

Oh, I won't write any specific names. But basically, if you speak decent Japanese and find yourself in Kansai, just forget about Fukuwara and head to Ogoto instead.

I'm doing research on Ogoto right now as a possible stop on my soap tour 2016. The shops and ladies seem to be very nice quality and the prices seem good.
I found a shop with the best name ever, called ドMなバニーちゃん, a Oiran themed (super hot!) shop called Sakura etc.
Having never been there, is there anything else worth visiting in the area?

I'd be very interested in a report from Amancross. They have a dresscode and I don't have a suit with me while traveling, so I can't go there :rolleyes:

In the immediate area around Ogoto:
- Hiei-zan, it's possible to cross the mountain by cablecar and walking from Kyoto
- Hiyoshi-Taisha north of Hieizan-Sakamoto station
- near JR Otsukyo station, Mii-dera temple and Ômi-jingû
- Two of the "eight views of Omi" are near Ogoto, "Wild geese returning home at Katata" and "The evening rain at Karasaki", although it's nothing special.
- A little bit further away, Ishiyama-dera (where Murasaki Shikibu wrote the Genji-Monogatari) and Shoho-ji as part of the Kansai Kannon pilgrimage.

Reactions: Soapysoap66
Thanks. What was the name of the shop you visited? Do you remember?
Do you have a list of shops that were open to you visiting?
I don't think I'll be rocking a suit in end of August either, but the info on dress code on their page seems to indicate office casual/denim/sneakers/proshirts(?) so might be possible to whip something up, but I think I'll try to stick to the cheaper places.

I remember, but I remember far to well. Went to see the same princess three times and fell for her, so I'd rather keep this information confidential :oops:

Kotei Bekkan ( http://www.ogoto-kb.com/ ) is open to foreigners as long as you speak Japanese. The regular prices are high, but as new customer you usually get discounts. Subscribing to their mailing list will get you discount offers every day, although for a limited selection of girls.

A few places have been out of business for some time. Didn't walk around as I was picked up from Hieizan-Sakamoto station all three times, but the whole district screams "soapland" from a kilometre away.

There is a free shuttle bus from Ogotoonsen station to the Agaryanse Spa: http://www.agaryanse.co.jp/access/bus.html
Or you use Esaka Bus nr. 134 from Hieizansakamoto station for Katata station and get off at 雄 琴 温 泉 ホ テ ル 前 (Ogotoonsen Hotel Mae), map: http://www.kojak.co.jp/uploads/k1-hama_route.pdf

Made a mistake, it's bus no. 102/103, not 134.

That's the concept of Amancross. On their homepage you can see the waiting room which consists of several small spaces with curtains in front of them. Before heading for the room all customers get an instant bamboo flute there, at the same time.

Wow, thanks for all the useful info. I live in Osaka, I'll try to visit there sometime. Btw, the age that they have some of the soaplands are in their late 20's to late 30's. Is it their actual age or Yoshiwara age?

It's not the real age but also not the Yoshiwara age, something in between.

Wow, that's new to me. Do you know the formula they use for this? It's interesting and I wonder if the other soapland spots use the same

Reactions: Cinnabums