Guest viewing is limited

Ok I'm Finally Moving

calippo

TAG Member
Reaction score
After ten long years of going and back to Tokyo, I'm finally moving next month.
I will be living alone in Tokyo, I already have find a job in Shinjuku area but the boss is not very helpful in finding an accomodation... so I'd like to ask you, what is the cheapest way to find a shoe box sized apartment, even with shared bathroom and no kitchen? I am a chef and I don't need a kitchen at home. Any help is appreciated; please just consider that, because of my job, I will probably leave the restaurant at 11:30 pm so I can't be too far, otherwise the trains would not bring me home.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Ouch those goes over 78000 yen a month. I hope I can find something at 60k...

Ouch those goes over 78000 yen a month. I hope I can find something at 60k...

Still if I understand correctly the sharehouse prices include electricity, gas and water.

I have used Www.Tokyocityapartments.net in the past. Furnished apartments and quite flexible for moving in an out and no fees, so you can take your time to look for your own apartment. Especially on a limited budget I don't think you want rent anything furnished in the long run. You just pay double the price compared to an empty apartment.

you can still go to nearly every housing company and get apartments for 50k and 70k...
search for apartments where people died, im paying 20k a month and it isnt that bad...
since you got a job you should be able to choose a better apartment anyway...

Yeah, the fee at sakura house includes utilities. I used them the first month I was here until I could get into a real apartment. I was in the Harajuku/shinjuku area, about a 1min walk from Kitasando station on Fukutoshin line. The building wasn't bad, had my own room, shared bath/kitchen. The problem was the other people living there. I ended up going out to eat most nights because I didn't feel like spending an hour cleaning up everybody else's kitchen mess just so I could eat dinner. Otherwise, it was a very easy place to get. No guarantor needed, you can cancel anytime (1 month notice).