one of your ex become gay / lesbian, how would you react

hibikifeza

TAG Member
Reaction score
as the thread title suggest, what would your reaction be if this thing happens to you ?

Well, I guess it depends on how recent the relationship was, how long and how easy it was to get over it. Depending on the situation there is a decent chance of feeling strongly betrayed, whether that's rational or not.
If the relationship is finished from my side (means no emotional hangover anymore), then well... It's 2017, but stay the hell away from my girl(s) :p

I have seen two relationships break like this and it has been very tough to swallow for the other person in both cases.

My cousin found out his wife was gay after their third child together, I imagine finding out that way it's hard not to feel betrayed.

as the thread title suggest, what would your reaction be if this thing happens to you ?

I'd be worried that she would want to end our hetrosexual relationship. But if she didn't want that, think I would be pretty open minded if she just needed to satisfy/explore sexual relationships with other women. But who really knows until you are actually facing that situation. Serious things have happened in my life where I was sure how I would react, but I reacted differently when it occurred.

It wouldn't bother me one bit because of this...

I was 18 she was 17. We both went to the same high school, and I had a super huge crush on her. I spent about 2 weeks wooing her. She had started going out with another guy (who I was friends with) the day I gave her a song I wrote for her. She broke up with him about 15 minutes later. The next couple months were teenage bliss, going out with friends, movies etc... Little did I know she had alterier motives.

She was a foster child, she told me a story of how she hadn't seen her real mother and wanted to visit her. She knew how to contact her, and I was a teenage idiot with a car, so we went and visited. Eventually over the course of the next week she discussed wanting to leave her foster parents. She couldn't move in with her mother so she convinced me to help her run away to her cousin's house, and that she would contact me within a week after that.

A week past and no communica from her. I skipped school with my friend and headed to her cousin's house to make sure she was O.K.

She won't let me in. She tells me she's in love with her cousin, and she doesn't want to talk to me.

Finding out that a prior gf has gone to the other side is far easier to handle then being told that you are being dumped so that the girl can go be with her cousin...

Who by the way ended up having children with, and ew... grosss........

yeah, I'm not comfortable with that. There's very little sexually that disturbs me, but incest is where I draw the line.

I might be a bit provocative, but afaik this is mainly a taboo in western cultures and mainly justified by medical reasons. In an age where relationships with zero chance of natural offspring become widely accepted, one could question why incest (not talking parent child here), which only has a higher chance of some defects, would still have to be condemned that much.
That being said I would have felt equally pissed, if she set this up to just run away to some other guy.
On the other hand, I would have driven a girl quite far, if I received a few months of free sex before. Without breaking /stealing my heart though ;)

I might be a bit provocative, but afaik this is mainly a taboo in western cultures and mainly justified by medical reasons. In an age where relationships with zero chance of natural offspring become widely accepted, one could question why incest (not talking parent child here), which only has a higher chance of some defects, would still have to be condemned that much.
That being said I would have felt equally pissed, if she set this up to just run away to some other guy.
On the other hand, I would have driven a girl quite far, if I received a few months of free sex before. Without breaking /stealing my heart though ;)

On different but slightly related note, I knew this girl and had a huge crush on her, we were friends and nothing ever went beyond that, but I later found out she was my father's cousin's daughter. That kind of creeped me out too. :-p

As far as i know, your children would usually not have medical problems if its with your cousin, unless there is a huge history of incest in the family.

I mainly have a problem with incest of people who grow up in the same household, because there are a lot of power issues there.
But i once read a story about a women who had never met her cousin because the family was not on speaking terms. Then she met him at a later age and they fell in love. I dont think thats that weird or unacceptable.

But yea, the incest story posted here is wild for multiple reasons.

Reactions: mit2UM
As far as i know, your children would usually not have medical problems if its with your cousin, unless there is a huge history of incest in the family.

I mainly have a problem with incest of people who grow up in the same household, because there are a lot of power issues there.
But i once read a story about a women who had never met her cousin because the family was not on speaking terms. Then she met him at a later age and they fell in love. I dont think thats that weird or unacceptable.

But yea, the incest story posted here is wild for multiple reasons.

I think it's still illegal to both marry and have children in at least a number of countries, not sure about sexual relationships.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I think it's still illegal to both marry and have children in at least a number of countries, not sure about sexual relationships.

I believe in the US it is based on which state you get married in, northern states frowning against it and southern states being ok with it.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland