Guest viewing is limited

Opinions on Jordan Peterson

Isha

TAG Member
Reaction score
My first post, as im very new to this forum. I cant say im a huge fan of Jordan Peterson, but I know he resonates with alot of young males. He tends to be very adamant about the negative consequences of sleeping around/casual encounters as many of you that are familiar with him maybe already know. I wonder, what are your opinions about his view on this topic?

Obviously many of you will disagree with his views on this. I guess what im interested in, is your counter-arguments to his view.

A look at this forum's users will show you all the negative consequences of sleeping around :ROFLMAO:

Mixed view. Of course he has some valid points here and there, but I also disagree with a lot of his believes. I find his character and pretentious way of arguing more exhausting than insightful.

A look at this forum's users will show you all the negative consequences of sleeping around :ROFLMAO:
I guess it's the age old question.
"Are we a bunch of dysfunctional, childish, self centered, social retard, man-childs because we participate in p4p?" or "Do we participate in p4p because we are bunch of dysfunctional, childish, self centered, social retard, man-childs?" 😂

He doesn't have a good reputation amongst fellow academics, he became famous based on a lie, and he's clearly not very smart. Stupid people think his superficial platitudes are deeply profound.

I am amazed at how bad his book 12 Rules for Life is. It's unbelievable that an academic can't even form coherent paragraphs. It looks like it was a first draft slapped together over a weekend and he never went back to finish it and no editor ever saw it.

Sounds like he should be posting on TAG 😉

My first post, as im very new to this forum. I cant say im a huge fan of Jordan Peterson, but I know he resonates with alot of young males. He tends to be very adamant about the negative consequences of sleeping around/casual encounters as many of you that are familiar with him maybe already know. I wonder, what are your opinions about his view on this topic?
P4P/Social PUA is a different animal from the deceptive side of the PUA game which likely is what he's arguing against (guessing here, as he's annoying to listen to for an extended period, but seems like an OK guy). The real problem is he resonates with Incels who don't have (and refuse to learn/adapt to) the game to be a PUA and find the idea of paying for sex or sleeping with a woman that dared have a dick inside her that wasn't the Incel's pasty white worm. Deceptive PUA types annoy me, but Incels set off a fear response because they're the group of sexually deprived young men that tend to do the extreme shit no matter the country.

Not saying P4P are angels given our prediliction towards making glazed donuts out of many a provider's face. However, we respect rules of establishments and boundaries of providers. Especially in Japan where we know it's more a privileged position that can be removed for the bad behavior of others in the group. To me, guys that understand that tend to be an OK group of guys to hang around with.

Reactions: Isha and Frenchy
Before even judging an “influencer”’s thought I try to see if he/she practices what he/she preaches
In the case of Peterson the preacher of male strength and virtue seems a bit contradicted by the whiny and depressive actual person.

Reactions: Isha
Before even judging an “influencer”’s thought I try to see if he/she practices what he/she preaches
In the case of Peterson the preacher of male strength and virtue seems a bit contradicted by the whiny and depressive actual person.
The dude has mental problems, and I'm not saying that to be mean. Standard manic/depressive that probably knows how he can improve his personal life, but doesn't do it because of mental blocks. Also why I say he's probably an OK guy with a not-so-OK following.

Reactions: Isha and Frenchy
This is generally how the JP debate goes on everywhere on the internet. His critics primarily go after him as a person and are silent on anything specific he actually says. Or they paraphrase and spin into something different than it is. My point is not to defend JP - I have only watched a limited number of his YouTube lectures. Tbh I did not see what all the fuss is about in any of those. But do we really need to drag into TAG? I don’t think the outcome will be any different here… 😅

To be honest, I disagree with mostly everything said here and am keeping my mouth shut because it will cause unnecessary fighting.

We are all here because we like sex. None of us are interested in sex with JP (unless there is an “a” and a “anese” inserted to the right of those capital letters sequentially), so dragging this on is about at useful as Facebook.

I think he found a way to make money and he's milking that teat for all it's worth so he can splurge it all at Libe.

Reactions: Cinnabums
To be honest, I disagree with mostly everything said here and am keeping my mouth shut because it will cause unnecessary fighting.

We are all here because we like sex. None of us are interested in sex with JP (unless there is an “a” and a “anese” inserted to the right of those capital letters sequentially), so dragging this on is about at useful as Facebook.
Yeah, and anyway too many Canadian celebs nowadays
We don’t need another

Given the OP has two messages trying to stir up shit and didn't reply to shit, I'd be fine if this thread was deleted as just a troll attempt. However, the discussion was OK. My last comment in this thread for sure.
My intention was not to be a troll. I posted the thread yesterday and havent had time to check the response until now. Im actually not that interested in your opinions on JP himself, but of his view that having casual sexual encounters/sleeping around, over the long run generally has negative consequences for men, compared to instead striving for monogamy. I dont necessarly support this view or the counter-view. Just curious on what people in the PUA community think about it.

I guess the reason I posted the question in the first place is that i have felt abit torn on the subject. Im in my early 30s, been married to a japanese woman for 5 years now and we have a child together. Before I got together with her, I had a period of 4-5 years of game where i slept with a good amount of women, and usually had 3-4 women rotating at any given time. After some time doing this i began to feel a void, and a seeded wish to make a family with children. Now, a good 5 years into the marriage, i begin to feel a longing back to those days where i had sex with different women on a regular basis, which has made me doubt what way of living is the best. At the same time im pretty confident that if I would break up/divorce and go back to my old ways and have casual sex with many women, that I eventually would feel the same void as I felt back then. Im left with a feeling that maybe the grass will always be greener on the other side.

I guess the reason I posted the question in the first place is that i have felt abit torn on the subject. Im in my early 30s, been married to a japanese woman for 5 years now and we have a child together. Before I got together with her, I had a period of 4-5 years of game where i slept with a good amount of women, and usually had 3-4 women rotating at any given time. After some time doing this i began to feel a void, and a seeded wish to make a family with children. Now, a good 5 years into the marriage, i begin to feel a longing back to those days where i had sex with different women on a regular basis, which has made me doubt what way of living is the best. At the same time im pretty confident that if I would break up/divorce and go back to my old ways and have casual sex with many women, that I eventually would feel the same void as I felt back then. Im left with a feeling that maybe the grass will always be greener on the other side.
One way is the void
The other way is another type of void
Just the Void accepting you learn must
Frenchy Yoda

I am not sleeping around, I just practise my monogamy in serial.

What about 3Ps you ask? Fuck I didn't think about that I answer.

But to be honest I lost all my interest in the matter when someone wrote "influencer". Shoot them in the face and make the family pay for the bullet.

Reactions: Jimi the Strange

Exactly that. Gras is always greener on the other side. You can talk to anybody in their 30s and older and they will have certain doubts about their life decisions. I also think there is no right or wrong, but it is very very hard to figure something out that works for you longterm. It's more a problem of getting older......most long relationships turn stale, but sleeping around is probably more fun when you are younger and will also not be the same later on.

I think a lot of Peterson's arguments are a cheap sidestep. He argues more from societal than a personal perspective. Of course it is more healthy for a society to have stable monogamous families with kids....surprise surprise. Analyzing and finding a solution on a personal level is a lot more complicated and doesn't fit into such an easy formula.

I tend not to listen to any of the influencer types, no matter what their opinions are. They just say what they feel they need to to appeal to the audience they have built.

But yes the grass is always greener, and that is why I have commitment issues lol. I would be interested to see how the world worked if open relationships were normal though, best of both worlds really as long as your truly do love your partner.