Guest viewing is limited

Overtourism as of October 2023

China just allowed their citizens to travel to Japan, but seems like polluted waters are keeping them where they are.
According to Nikkei, there isn't many flights flying in from China or the weakening economy.
I'm all for saving the planet but in this case, let that radioactive water flow! Enjoy it while it lasts, folks!

Last edited:
Reactions: AMcguyver and MikeH
You can find places to visit that aren't so busy and full of culture - countless shrines and temples in Chichibu (nice mountain range) to Nagatoro. Or, in Wakayama, Koyasan is a must place to visit ... Too many lovely places including Mount Bandai area... even in Tokyo you have hidden gems...
Koyasan’s temples book up very fast.

Sure it’s not gonna be like Kyoto but there are a lot of tourists even in the smaller spots like Yakushima and Naoshima.

It’s so opposite of Covid times it’s insane. I used to hang out in Harajuku, now I wouldn’t think of it!

People love to shit on American tourists but Australians are by far 5x worse when it comes to western tourists. Louder, drunker, and constantly looking to fight with strangers.

Last edited:
What’s so confusing? Australians are way worse than Americans on the loud and obnoxious scale especially when they drink.
People’s exhibit #1: Russell Crowe.

People love to shit on American tourists but Australians are by far 5x worse when it comes to western tourists. Louder, drunker, and constantly looking to fight with strangers.

Well, nothing wrong with a little gaijin-on-gaijin fisticuffs at the Blarneystone. Keeps things interesting. But I agree that Aussies give the Irish some stiff competition in terms of acting like animals after happy hour.

• Haha
Reactions: RoboReptar
It's impossible to be racist when all the girls are pink inside so I have just decided to dislike all people in general.

Dogs are much better people.

Especially in Bali. Trashing up Kuta on college graduations is basically a tradition there

• Sad
Reactions: Alice
oh yes, because OF COURSE it's only Australians who go overseas and trash shit, no other countries citizens has ever done that.

Speaking of, I wonder what Americans do on Spring Break in Mexico or poms when they go to Majorca for a holiday, must always be eco-tourism with nothing left behind and no negative connotations at all, right?

Reactions: Durg50
until russians gang came. lol

went to shinjuku today, man, too many people with their big suitcases.
The people wheeling around suitcases annoys me so much... Theres tons of lockers all over, like why...?

Reactions: Tabanico
Well, nothing wrong with a little gaijin-on-gaijin fisticuffs at the Blarneystone. Keeps things interesting. But I agree that Aussies give the Irish some stiff competition in terms of acting like animals after happy hour.

Assuming you've never met an actual Irish tourist and are referring to American 'Irish'.

What’s so confusing? Australians are way worse than Americans on the loud and obnoxious scale especially when they drink.
Nope. Americans are very close to chinese tourist groups in terms of how obnoxious they are during the day.
Just fucking loud, and always dressed like they are about to climb a fucking mountain even though they are in ginza or harajuku.
Australians are only obnoxious after several beers, which is fine as i will have also had several beers so i dont mind, and am probably being more obnoxious.

Once you've experienced the city "without" tourists you can't go back.

All the tourists are an eye sore, especially the big groups standing around and blocking the footpaths.

Just fucking loud, and always dressed like they are about to climb a fucking mountain even though they are in ginza or harajuku.

That is a very keen observation. Never thought of it that way but you're right. Dipshits with their huge backpack rigs wearing douchebag clothing from REI or Columbia, especially the really disgusting fat fuck males on the Shinkansen platform wearing t-shirts and cargo shorts and Keen hiking sandals with cheap socks in the middle of winter and somehow still sweating and stinking, with their bitch-tits jiggling around while they fumble with their massive DSLR cameras trying to take pictures of the fucking train arriving, as if no one has ever seen a train arrive before.

I may have to be in Japan in January, and I can't remember the last time I was in Japan in January since I lived there. Hopefully all the curb-squatters are holding off on their next Japan trip till February, with the Chinese New Year and Snow Festival for them to ruin up in Sapporo.