Guest viewing is limited

Overtourism as of October 2023

I'm not a big fan of this... but not innocent as well. Not necessarily always Chinese for this act.

Stopping for a full blown TikTok though. Now that's something else. Definitely annoying
The worse part is getting asked to help film tiktok...
Getting asked for directions or take a photo, normal.
Asking to help film a tiktok of u walking??? I don't understand...
happened to me, random guy stops me to film him walking across a bridge

I’m always a good sport for pictures (did it again this week near Mt Fuji for a couple), but I’d absolutely be telling them to f off if I ever get asked to film a Tiktok!!

Sorry, but I have principles.

Reactions: Secretmugen
For the Skyliner, there were problems even before covid. Each time I'd take that train, mainly coming from Narita, there were ALWAYS some tourists that were on that train without proper tickets and even the ones with tickets thought they could sit anywhere they'd like. Once or twice, I saw people just hanging out between cars but eventually getting found out by the conductor staff. Now, quite a few of the flights I usually take, run out of Haneda now, so I don't get to visit Narita as much as before.

I was there a few weeks back, there were a couple of staff armed with a laminated card in English and other paraphernalia going up and down the platform pre-checking everyone had the right tickets before the train arrived.

Reactions: Sudsy
Foreign tour groups too often seem to be full of poorly behaved tourists. That doesn’t seem to be limited to any one nationality.

Not sure why that is. Some sort of group psychology might be going on?

Reactions: aquaflow and Alice
Foreign tour groups too often seem to be full of poorly behaved tourists. That doesn’t seem to be limited to any one nationality.

many countries adopt mindset "me first" and "I am always right".

they rarely think when in rome do as romans do.

tourists from my country guilty of this by littering since it is very normalized to litter

Getting asked for directions or take a photo, normal.
Asking to help film a tiktok of u walking??? I don't understand...
happened to me, random guy stops me to film him walking across a bridge
Did you help film him? 😅 I'd probably do it but deep inside be telling him to F off.

Did you help film him? 😅 I'd probably do it but deep inside be telling him to F off.
I did, and yes deep inside i was like wtf?
Why do u want to film urself walking across a bridge?

From the angle it doesnt even look that good, it was a short distance away from the nearest tourist attraction. But it wasnt captured.

I wasnt doing anything, didnt want to stay home, so i just roamed around my town without any thought in mind.

Reactions: LittleBoy
Btw
I have been back in JP for a week now.
Spoken to models, idols, concafe girls, cosplayers, soapgirls and friends staying here.
All have similar comments, too many foreigners lately.
Tomorrow is Comike, I have lots of work to do… rush for goods, rush for photos…
Time to sleep
End of my report

Btw
I have been back in JP for a week now.
Spoken to models, idols, concafe girls, cosplayers, soapgirls and friends staying here.
All have similar comments, too many foreigners lately.
Tomorrow is Comike, I have lots of work to do… rush for goods, rush for photos…
Time to sleep
End of my report
Let’s put things into perspective, we spent over 2 years with virtually no tourism. For the most part, this was extremely enjoyable, feeling at more human scale, no or much less waiting for anything (I basically didnt have to reserve for a restaurant the whole time), travelling extensively within Japan (man I must have gone to Kyoto 10 times, it was fantastic without the overtourism there), and among people understanding and following the norms and habits.

Except for the areas that suffered economically (including providers with a high tourist clientele), I think most people found that life during covid days was GREAT (minus the deadly illness).

So, in short, yes: the normal expected reaction is to say that now there are way too many foreigners 🙈

Went to Asakusa on a slap-dash transit, and it really wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be. Not that many foreigners either

Hear hear on the etiquette video.

Before the Chinese tourists section was banned on Reddit, I had seen a few of the guides specifically for them posted.

First thing that comes to mind is: No upper-deckers in the toilet. No standing on the toilet seats (OMFG).
Some tourists apparently really do need signs like this one from JR Kyushu.

IMG_3503.jpeg

I think it’s because people who travel solo take the time to figure things out and learn about the culture beforehand, while group travelers can be totally obnoxious.

Now I know why providers want to know if I’m Korean before meeting!
I hate that last line, so many south asians give us a bad reputation (both in p4p and general tourism). I do my best to leave a good image but it disheartens me to see that the rotten ones spoil it for the rest of us.

Reactions: hanito and Alice
Google translate confirms that me and my black friends have armpits, I am relieved.

As a coincidence I just had a meeting with a real stinker of Caucasian.

• Haha
Reactions: Alice
Some tourists apparently really do need signs like this one from JR Kyushu.

View attachment 23600
I also need this sign, particularly regarding to flush or not. Went to some countries where they told you to put the toilet paper in the bin because their pipe system can't handle flushing toilet paper.
the closing lid part interestingly, many stations in japan doesn't have lid. Gotta bring my own wipes for all the flushing aerosol.

many countries adopt mindset "me first" and "I am always right".

they rarely think when in rome do as romans do.

tourists from my country guilty of this by littering since it is very normalized to litter

explained briefly here

Now I know why providers want to know if I’m Korean before meeting!

View attachment 23606
let see if I understand it correctly :

overwhelmingly easy to serve customer ranking 1 : Korean (because their dick is small).
chinese need extra care due to STD, CBJ or no BJ at all (kiss still allowed).
many black/white people have body odor but they wear perfume so it is ok.
india/nepal many are gashiman.
https://work-mikke.jp/know-how/guide/72426/

I am lucky never been given CBJ yet just because I look chinese.

Very noob question, but just to be clear, ALL fingering is usually NG/disliked, or just the ガシマン ‘violent moving fingers’??

Whip me if I’m wrong, but I’ve always thought a gentle finger carress/massage with light insertion was a good foreplay 🫣

Edit: thanks for the responses full of common sense and sorry for the badly worded question. I should have precised that my question was if that was a sort of strict rule in p4p in Japan. Nonetheless, answers were clear 🙇🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Very noob question, but just to be clear, ALL fingering is usually NG/disliked, or just the ガシマン ‘violent moving fingers’??

Whip me if I’m wrong, but I’ve always thought a gentle finger carress/massage with light insertion was a good foreplay 🫣
What kind of answer do you expect? Sometimes I find it perplexing that people think there is a clear rulebook for each and every situation/girl. Girls are not robots that come with a manual 😑

Just be gentle, reasonable and talk to see what she likes and is fine with. Every girl is different and has different preferences. In the end it matters most how you interact....don't ask strangers on a forum, talk to the girl.

Yes I agree with Danbo of course some people may like it others may not. For what it's worth there has been one instance i've experienced where on a first meet it was a firm no, and on a second meet the girl is basically demanding me to finger her... I assume her initial firm boundaries are to avoid people who are too rough.