People with Skin Conditions, have you had any issues with providers?

diotam

TAG Member
Reaction score
Heading back to Japan soon, and like everyone else here, I'm planning to make a few fun excursions. Specifically a Soap or three, never been.

Concern is that my Psiorasis flared up a while back, and there's no way of knowing when it'll calm down. Could be tomorrow, could be 2040.

I'm not covered with it. Just a fist sized spot on my shin, and nothing on any fun bits. But I'm worried about being that diseased Foreigner that wrecks it for everyone. Nor do I want to drop 4 man only to be shown the door. Last time I used P2P services in Japan it wasn't nearly as noticeable and they were mostly independents.

So, any of you fine folk suffering with mild-moderate skin stuff had any luck with service in Tokyo lately? Any places that are definitely off limits, ways of explaining it that seemed to calm fears, etc

Last edited:
I didn't seem to have any issues last time I was in Tokyo. I had random red bumps growing from lifting with a shirt on. I started lifting with my shirt off nowadays and it seems to have improved, but I'm left with pimple like scars (random dark spots on my skin). I'll find out if I have any issues next month with providers, but I doubt it.

I would guess that almost everyone knows what psoriasis is and that it is not contagious. But you can always proactively tell the provider that you are suffering a flare-up, so she does not need to wonder what is happening with you.

Providers have seen lots of naked men, so you probably don't have anything they haven't seen before.

Reactions: diotam and Maxblack
Psoriasis and related conditions (generally referred to as アトピー) are super common in Japan for some reason. I never saw it back home, but everyone knows it here and I even saw many providers with it.

So you shouldn’t have a problem unless it’s something that looks very infectious.

Thanks for the reassurance! I was under the impression that it wasn't particularly common, hence the worry.