Planning on visiting a soapland for the first time have some questions

Gsus

TAG Member
Reaction score
So... I have no idea what to expect, seems like you shower, have some weird foreplay and then sex. Alright, seems like your average brothel for the most part. I just have a few questions.

So, looking through various reviews the most foreign friendly places that appear are putit royal and darling harbor (and some others). Darling harbor seems to be a tax more expensive then the rest. I was just wondering, how accurate are the profile pics? They look way too good on average to be real. How do you know you are getting what you are looking for and not a lady that is 10 years older and quite a bit heavier as some reviews state has happened to them?

I also wanted to know, what are the most popular places, when asking for a reasonable price while also getting some good service. Darling harbor, again, seems to be mentioned above, any other places I should consider?

And last but not least, what should I know about these places as someone who has no soapland knowledge? For example, darling harbor offers lower prices if you come earlier, 6-9 am and 9-12am, is this just for Japanese or also foreigners?

So... I have no idea what to expect

You know, there are basically hundreds of posts only about soaplands in this site for all to read and they are completely free. Read some of them, everything you ask and more is explained there.

Reactions: DireWolf98
I was just wondering, how accurate are the profile pics? They look way too good on average to be real. How do you know you are getting what you are looking for and not a lady that is 10 years older and quite a bit heavier as some reviews state has happened to them?

The pics are almost universally heavily doctored and sometimes the girl you get isn't even the one in the pic. Shops lie to us gaijin all the time when it's expedient for them. There's no way to be sure you're getting what you want. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you get screwed.

Keep expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: DireWolf98
Shops lie to us gaijin all the time when it's expedient for them.

Now that's again an unfounded accusation of racism. Rest assured they do not discriminate but do lie to the local customers all the time too.

Now that's again an unfounded accusation of racism. Rest assured they do not discriminate but do lie to the local customers all the time too.

I see your point. I probably should've written that differently. I don't necessarily mean that they lie to us just because we are gaijin. Now that would be racist. I mean simply that we're gaijin and that we get lied to. It's a fact of life. I'm sure Japanese customers also get misled.

Now based on reviews here and a bit of personal experience, I put forth that it's easier and less risky for a tencho to bait and switch (or mislead in some other way) Joe Schmoe from Seattle who doesn't speak Japanese isn't well versed in the P4P scene in Japan than it is for him to do the same to a Japanese local who knows his shit.

If Joe Schmoe wants girl X and it's more expedient for the shop to give him girl Y and feign ignorance about it that's what he's going to get.

I see your point. I probably should've written that differently.

Nope, I was just winding you up. :D

But to be honest the colour of your skin and your language abilities are used just as indicators to figure out if you are Joe from Seattle or Joe from Shibuya. As the Seattle guy is probably just visiting and will not become a regular however good service he is receiving whereas the guy from Shibuya might be popping in for popping in every week from now on if the girl manages to rock his world.

Reactions: Lukes