Please add ethnicity to reviews

Figrindan

B-cup connoisseur
Reaction score
I would like to recommend that everyone add your visual ethnicity, approximate age, and Japanese ability to all reviews, especially soapland reviews. It would help immensely for the rest of us to get a sense of our chances of getting in and getting similar service.
E.g. "30-something black guy, fluent Japanese" or "50-year-old white guy, barely a few phrases of Japanese"

Reactions: requiemmorrow
As a 50 something old white guy, really it's the fluency that'll open doors. I've been the first foreigner a provider has had on a number of occasions probably for that reason.

Yeah, there's racism. A chart talking about your chances of experience various types of service based on race and fluency would be very useful. Even then that'd be for random visits and reviews are trying to reduce the crap shoot. Now, if you're experiencing doors being shut after a review suggests they open, then really you should reply to those reviews and people will probably compare notes. However, there are a number of other things that could cause an NG sign: time of day, no providers currently that accept foreigners, how you dress, mood of the current tencho/tout, how busy it is, etc. Hell, having a residence card has helped.

I think that depends on what services you are talking about. If you are talking about soaplands or imekura or other shops where you have to be physically present then these information might make more sense. If it's DH, everything is over the phone or online so not sure how the information would have helped.

There's racism but there's also just your fellow countrymen screwing up the good stuff for everyone else so it's hard to say. YokoMonger already said mentioned quite a few things and even if you fit the description 100% of a reviewer you might not get the same level of service or even getting the service at all.

Unless people start posting reviews of them getting rejected you might not have the full pictures to make your decisions.

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
Why not add annual income and credit card numbers…
I said it before and will say it again - race and age have NEVER ONCE in my decades of experience been a material factor and never inquired about. Nationality sometimes. Language skill pretty much always. Experience and time in Japan quite often.

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
Why not add annual income and credit card numbers…
I said it before and will say it again - race and age have NEVER ONCE in my decades of experience been a material factor and never inquired about. Nationality sometimes. Language skill pretty much always. Experience and time in Japan quite often.
I beg to differ on this. In all due respect @CharlieSimms because you are a white charming male, it is obvious that you are not a Japanese. The same goes with some of the other TAG members, although they might not be as good looking.

If you are an Asian looking guy like me , where the shopkeeper isn't quite so sure what to make of. Some of them will ask if I am Japanese or not, some might not , depending on my look on the day. If my skin is pale , usually in winter , and I wearing salary man uniform , then they think I am a brown version 日本人 and wouldn't ask me a thing.

Look matter a lot especially if you want to walk in a SL without any reservation. It also matters a lot when you want to pick up a girl. I have this complex of feeling handicapped that I am not a good looking white guy. Whether that's true or not is beyond the topic of this post.

Last edited:
I think everything plays into it, but we can't add all this information to the reviews. Sure, adding ethnicity doesn't hurt, but nobody wants to give any more details about their background.

Language ability is an important factor, but behavior as well. It could make a difference how you approach girls or ask at shops...who knows. Despite ethnicity looks probably also have more influence than people want to admit. There is no foolproof method to determine how to succeed.
If language ability would be the sole determining factor I wouldn't have been to some of the less welcoming places I was able to visit recently. I think experience and playing your strengths works best 😉

I beg to differ on this. In all due respect @CharlieSimms because you are a white charming male, it is obvious that you are not a Japanese. The same goes with some of the other TAG members, although they might not be as good looking.

If you are an Asian looking guy like me , where the shopkeeper isn't quite so sure what to make of. Some of them will if I am Japanese or not, some might not , depending on my look. If my skin is pale , usually in winter , and I wearing salary man uniform , then they think I am a brown version 日本人 and wouldn't ask me a thing.

Look matter a lot especially if you want to walk in a SL without any reservation. It also matters a lot when you want to pick up a girl. I have this complex of feeling handicapped that I am not a good looking white guy. Whether that's true or not is beyond the topic of this post.

Fair enough. I have never randomly tried to enter a SL off the street so I dunno how the average male employee at one would tend to act. However in the hundreds of bookings I have made over the phone or via messaging, never once has race or age ever come up. They always had zero idea of my appearance and was never an issue.

And if I were to go to a soap, I would not walk in off the street.. But of course that’s just me. I wanna know exactly who I am meeting every time. And in my virtual interactions with soap ladies, also never once has my race or age come up.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Fair enough. I have never randomly tried to enter a SL off the street so I dunno how the average male employee at one would tend to act. However in the hundreds of bookings I have made over the phone or via messaging, never once has race or age ever come up. They always had zero idea of my appearance and was never an issue.

And if I were to go to a soap, I would not walk in off the street.. But of course that’s just me. I wanna know exactly who I am meeting every time. And in my virtual interactions with soap ladies, also never once has my race or age come up.

I also never try to get into a soap via walk-in. Risk is just too high...I also want to clarify everything beforehands, but that said it is often very hard to understand how things work. Just happened to me last week that my booking went fine, but they didn't want to let me into the place...until I talked myself into it by mentioning that everything is booked. I think if you take care of things beforehands things work smoother in general....walk-ins are always a lot tougher and it probably really boils down to how you look like.

Reactions: CharlieSimms
I am a hideous, disgusting, shit-hog failure of a Quazzimodo from Dante's Third Circle of Hell. And despite all of that, I have yet to even once lose out to a charming @CharlieSimms level white beauty.

Of course in the dating scene I haven't been nearly as lucky and pulling girls really takes me being ready to either take a word lashing or watch her walk off with a white stud, but every woman I have dated I am proud to say was well out of my league. With that so have some of the soaplands and Delivery Health joints that cater to the whims of their superior Japanese constituents.

More than anything, it is one's Japanese ability and effectiveness with language that determines one's odds. If you can trash talk a TV personality or enunciate famous haiku powerfully and explain them with passion, you can probably get into a places and pussies most incapable foreigners can't. If you can do some normal, everyday conversation and greetings you can build a good relationship with certain willing shops, but if you are struggling to even remember the meaning of "kon'nichiwa" then you are in for a very lonely, dry wiener experience.

Oh, can we please add 1) dick length/girlth, 2) shoe size and 3) vaccination status, also??
I have seen some girls on twitter saying that she will only serve customers vaccinated 3 times or more 🤣

I have seen some girls on twitter saying that she will only serve customers vaccinated 3 times or more 🤣

Hey I respect thoes girls and would book with them. They seem to be more conscious about general health than a lot other people who can't be bothered to get their shots.

Reactions: Negi77

To be honest, I'd find that kind of girl more attractive to book. If a girl is an antivaxxer, there's no telling what other basic health/preventative measures she also forgoes and that'd be a hard pass for me. If I know she's an OCD mysophobe then it's a pretty safe bet she takes all the general precautions in life and probably even more than that.

Oh I was thinking that way too many already include information about their dick sizes in the reviews.

This seems appropriate (old timers here will get it.)

• Haha
Reactions: MikeH and Tabanico
Reactions: Negi77