Guest viewing is limited

Plush toys?

Kaizyn

TAG Member
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know a decent place to find stuffed/plush animals in Shinjuku? I checked Don Quixote there previously, but it had nothing to speak of.

I'm currently thinking to pop by Kiddy Land or maybe Tokyu Hands in Ikebukuro, but I kind of figured they'd largely be 'branded' (Hello Kitty, Snoopy, etc) but I'm looking for something more generic…

Would anyone happen to know a decent place to find stuffed/plush animals in Shinjuku? I checked Don Quixote there previously, but it had nothing to speak of.
I'm not really familiar with shinjuku. But if you can go to Nakano broadway (closest station is nakano station, about 3 minutes by train from shinjuku), you will see a lot of toy shops (mandarake). But the plushies they sell are mostly of the pokemon variety.

Your best bet to find plushies would be to go to akihabara.

I'm not really familiar with shinjuku. But if you can go to Nakano broadway (closest station is nakano station, about 3 minutes by train from shinjuku), you will see a lot of toy shops (mandarake). But the plushies they sell are mostly of the pokemon variety.

Thanks! I figured Akihabara would have some decent options, though I was just going through Ikebukuro and Shinjuku. Almost all the places I see with toys just have brand things basically. I never remembered seeing any general stuffed animals or things like that.

Ended up trying Kiddy Land in Ikebukuro .... unfortunately it wasn't all that big, and as expected it was just a few specific categories of plushies. I took a gamble on a fat squishy Minnie Mouse, since I've received a lot of Disney related Line stickers. Was a good choice at least :-P

If you're in Ikebukuro, there's always the Toys R Us in Sunshine City....

Go to any of the arcades with UFO catchers. Lots of rare pushies to try and get.
I have never seen or met anyone who has one anything from a UFO catcher. I tried once. And I spent about 1,000yen. :banghead:
I think the claws are rigged so that it doesn't provide enough grip to hold onto the toy...
Maybe, next time I should try pushing the plushie into the hole with the claw

Thanks! I figured Akihabara would have some decent options, though I was just going through Ikebukuro and Shinjuku. Almost all the places I see with toys just have brand things basically. I never remembered seeing any general stuffed animals or things like that.

Ended up trying Kiddy Land in Ikebukuro .... unfortunately it wasn't all that big, and as expected it was just a few specific categories of plushies. I took a gamble on a fat squishy Minnie Mouse, since I've received a lot of Disney related Line stickers. Was a good choice at least :-P
I forgot to mention there is a Hobby Off in musashikoyama. But those are mainly second hand toys and plushies. They also have an arcade along that shopping street with lots of pikachus, evees, and snorlaxes....as if I know how an evee evolves.

Sega in Akihabara has a decent selection of Pokémon plushies and 90's arcade game themed plushies. Kotobukiya has Totoro (plus other Ghibli products) and Pokémon plushies.

Me? Nerd? No absolutely not!
Nope, me neither. I go to toy stores for meet ups and stuff. also to try to find a rare soul of chogokin black mazinger z (whatever that is)

Reactions: Simonka
I have never seen or met anyone who has one anything from a UFO catcher. I tried once. And I spent about 1,000yen. :banghead:
I think the claws are rigged so that it doesn't provide enough grip to hold onto the toy...

I forgot to mention there is a Hobby Off in musashikoyama. But those are mainly second hand toys and plushies. They also have an arcade along that shopping street with lots of pikachus, evees, and snorlaxes....as if I know how an evee evolves.

Nope, me neither. I go to toy stores for meet ups and stuff. also to try to find a rare soul of chogokin black mazinger z (whatever that is)
If you really want a toy and cant catch it, you may ask the staff.
They sometimes make it easier or hand them to you either if you spent a lot of money already or hand money to them directly.

You're playing the wrong machines then. The key is to only play the machines that are fair and designed to let you get the prize in a few tries. The big UFO catchers with the 3-arms claws are run by odds. They won't grab the prize until you hit the odds first, which are something like 15 to 1 or 20 to 1.

You should come with me on a UFO arcade run in Kabukicho one of these days. I'll show you how to win a bunch of things. I have Dragon Ball and One Piece figurines up the wazoo.

If you really want a toy and cant catch it, you may ask the staff.
They sometimes make it easier or hand them to you either if you spent a lot of money already or hand money to them directly.

Yup, the staff will help you out if you ask them to or are spending way too much money. However, some won't because they are a-holes or their company has a policy of not helping customers. Sega staff will help people out. Taito will not.

I have Dragon Ball and One Piece figurines up the wazoo.
wow, you got something from a UFO cacher

Yup, the staff will help you out if you ask them to or are spending way too much money. However, some won't because they are a-holes or their company has a policy of not helping customers. Sega staff will help people out. Taito will not.
This I didn't know.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Kuramae is the area in Tokyo where there used to be a concentration of toy manufacturers and wholesalers. It's just south of Asakusa. From Shinjuku, it takes about 30 minutes by metro. Some of them are still surviving. This small shop of a manufacturer is well known. (location: 35.7036571, 139.7896197).
https://twitter.com/foo_shinada

I love Nakano Broadway! So many cute shops.