Guest viewing is limited

Pokemon TCG

Dattebayo

TAG Member
Reaction score
Since I'm in lockdown I decided to clean up the house. I found an old Pokemon card collection that I forgot I had. I got lots of American cards, including 1st edition Jungle and Fossil, but I have a ton more Japanese cards.

Does anyone know where I could sell these in Tokyo or in Japan?

There are a bunch of card stores in Akiba and also a few popular ones around Nakano.
I believe some of these also buy cards, but I don't know any specific shops to recommend.
However, I'm sure you could find some arrangement either in Nakano or Akihabara fairly easily.

You can sell them in Akihabara as others stated :) I’ve seen a shop full of Pokémon cards from all generations, but can’t remember the name of the shop.. they also sold figurines. The cards were on display so it must be easy to spot.
The cards were in Japanese though.
Btw I had Charizard, Mewtwo, Mew, Ninetales, Alakazam and Chansey. (Rare cards) but I gifted my card box to my brother.

Last edited:
There are a bunch of card stores in Akiba and also a few popular ones around Nakano.
I believe some of these also buy cards, but I don't know any specific shops to recommend.
However, I'm sure you could find some arrangement either in Nakano or Akihabara fairly easily.

Nakano broadway?

Stores upon stores in Akiba always take pokemon cards. Mandarake (I believe). They will probably take English cards too since so many foreigners shop there

Good info. Hopefully it'll be easy to communicate with them as I speak very little Japanese.

Nakano broadway?

Yes, Nakano Broadway. It's basically heaven on earth for either watch collectors or serious dorks with shops specializing in used/antique collectibles like cards, toys, models, etc., and they're smaller and a little more specialized than stores in Akiba. Just go to Nakano station, walk out the north exit and up the street for about five minutes. It'll be at the end of the shotengai on your right. Look for the automated glass entry doors with a ton of arcade games.

Of course, I can't talk much shit about dorks and card collections because I just came across stacks of vintage (and many mint) Magic The Gathering cards back from 1993 that I bought during a strange year of my life, never really played and kept in the closet for two decades...and I found out some of those fuckers are worth some serious money. I'm not patient enough to sell all the cards individually so I'm willing to take a loss, unload the entire collection to a local dealer here stateside for a set amount and then blow all of that back at Nakano Broadway on a couple of Omegas and maybe a TAG to wear as a work beater. Life comes full circle, again.

You can sell them in Akihabara as others stated :) I’ve seen a shop full of Pokémon cards from all generations, but can’t remember the name of the shop.. they also sold figurines. The cards were on display so it must be easy to spot.
The cards were in Japanese though.
Btw I had Charizard, Mewtwo, Mew, Ninetales, Alakazam and Chansey. (Rare cards) but I gifted my card box to my brother.

Sounds like Mandarake, maybe.

Nakano broadway?
Lots of various specialty Mandarake stores in Nakano Broadway.

Just a note, in Nakano Broadway, Mandarake’s various specialty shops they sell stuff in is different than the place where they buy your stuff. It has it’s own area in Nakano Broadway.

The big Mandarake building in Akiba though, where they buy your stuff is just on the first floor when you enter.
Yes, Nakano Broadway. It's basically heaven on earth for either watch collectors or serious dorks with shops specializing in used/antique collectibles like cards, toys, models, etc., and they're smaller and a little more specialized than stores in Akiba.
I love that place. Especially the lack of tourists compared to shopping in Akihabara. :banghead::cautious:
Magic The Gathering cards back from 1993 that I bought during a strange year of my life,
It was Marvel trading cards for me back then. Lol.

Other than Akiba, you can sell them to Book Off. But like any second hand shop, they'll rip you off if they are actually worth anything. If your cards are actually valuable sell them on Mercari. I'm no expert on TCG but Pokemon cards aren't worth much unless you have a first edition Charizard\Blastoise\tournament card or something in perfect cond. Yugioh and MTG has more demand I think.

Last edited:
Necrothread much?