Guest viewing is limited

Policewoman caught working in a fuzoku shop

I wouldn’t. I’d walk in the next day and dead stare right back at my coworkers. ;)

You have more balls than most people who work office jobs (including many guys here on TAG). ;)

Office gossip and harassment can be horrible, especially when you know everyone around you is thinking what you think they are thinking.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
She was NOT fired, according to the original story. She got one month reduced salary. Seems fair enough to me. She decided to quit. The shame, I suppose. Wouldn’t you?

Yeah, she was not fired, but all her bosses learned that she worked at a fuzoku shop. They were probably bashing her verbally and telling her she's breaking the rules why inside they were thinking about how they'd like to pay for some action with her. I wonder how many guys here on TAG would stay at their company if their bosses and co-workers all found out about how much P4P they engage in?

(Waiting for some of the blowhards to start claiming they wouldn't....)

Reactions: Lars Lust
I feel very sorry for this young woman and I think it’s a pretty sensitive time for her & we should show her some emphaty. Coming up with scenarios of what we would do in the same situation is not very useful because anybody who holds an office job or something of equivalent responsibility knows it’s going to be a nightmare for a while.

Getting into P4P is very risky if you have a government job or your current / desired position requires a certain level of authority and responsibility and in depth background checks for employment. (This is the main reason why some girls who plan to work government jobs only stick to sugaring and stay away from other forms of sex work) You can always be outed to your company or coworkers but people working in more creative fields can be more understanding and they may eventually turn a blind eye on it.

I wish her patience and strength during these tough times and hope she can recover from this trauma & move on with her life. If anyone at work bullied her or coerced her into giving up by sexual harassment she should take legal action.

Last edited:
You have more balls than most people who work office jobs (including many guys here on TAG). ;)

Office gossip and harassment can be horrible, especially when you know everyone around you is thinking what you think they are thinking.
Been through years of bullying at school, so i assume i could tough it out. Rather not of course.

To be honest, if i ever signed up with the police in a crazy mood, i’d quit for other reasons.

I wonder how many guys here on TAG would stay at their company if their bosses and co-workers all found out about how much P4P they engage in?

So the moral of the story is to work only with people with whom you can do p4p together. Not even very difficult in Tokyo.

It's really ashame, those Japanese traditional institutes pay FKing small wage, and let employees don't do additional job to make them work max by very little reward. Most of my friends or people who met that works for Japanese companies, they complain for some stupidity, unbelievably low salary. crazy OT..

I never worked for those copanies, so I don't know the reality, but their stress level must be MAX.

I find those who work for foreign companies, they are happier VS Japanese.

I guess, that's one of the reasons beautiful japanese girls want to marry foreigners, because they make way lot more money, and make them princess for ever dream, I guess!!

Have they nothing better to do than get all hyped up over a policewoman doing a public service in a "special" way? I bet tons of men would have gone to see her if they knew she had a day job as a cop.

I’m sure tons of the criminal classes would have booked her services. You do the conflict of interest, don’t you?

Anyone who argues that allowing serving police officers to engage in sex work is incrediably naive.

She had a choice. Work as a police officer or work as a sex worker. Nobody forced her to sign the police officer’s contract. I don’t even know why this topic is being discussed. It is common sense what the outcome should be.

Here's a good news report on this. Google translatable (though not good. For example, "he" in the text means actually "she").
https://www.nikkansports.com/general/nikkan/news/201902010000067.html

According to the report, the policewoman was not even suspended or demoted. The disciplinary action on her was reduction in salary to 1/10 for a month. She resigned on the same date as the disciplinary action took effect (December 18 last year). The police didn't make public this case as it was on the policewoman's private matter which didn't give rise to a suspension. It was leaked to the press from a police source on January 31. The report says she worked for a deriheru-type of shop and earned Y80K over 3 months.

She only made 80k in these two months.
Does it mean she just wanted to earn extra 40k a month?
80k was too cheap to risk her main, maybe low yet stable income for the next good 35 years...

It reminds me there was another art teacher at high school(?) resigned her teaching job because board of education found out that she was working at some Fuzoku shop while she still worked at school.
I am simply wondering how they found it and why whoever found it out first could not keep his mouth shut up?

Last edited:
80k was too cheap to risk her main, maybe low yet stable income for the next good 35 years...

It reminds me there was another art teacher at high school(?) resigned her teaching job because board of education found out that she was working at some Fuzoku shop while she still worked at school.
I am simply wondering how they found it and why whoever found it out first could not keep his mouth shut up?
Yes, its not great for 3 months.. maybe she worked very part time since she had a day job. Or maybe she was not that popular (damn, if only she had been able to advertise as being police ;) ).

Here's a good news report on this. Google translatable (though not good. For example, "he" in the text means actually "she").
https://www.nikkansports.com/general/nikkan/news/201902010000067.html

According to the report, the policewoman was not even suspended or demoted. The disciplinary action on her was reduction in salary to 1/10 for a month. She resigned on the same date as the disciplinary action took effect (December 18 last year). The police didn't make public this case as it was on the policewoman's private matter which didn't give rise to a suspension. It was leaked to the press from a police source on January 31. The report says she worked for a deriheru-type of shop and earned Y80K over 3 months.
Pretty harsh to hit her with a pay cut while she did this because her pay was too low in the first place...
But cool that such thing doesn’t get you fired! Maybe i can apply for a police job later in my life. You know what they say, nobody ever expects the gaijin to be an undercover cop. :)

High risk low reward. She obviously lacks the commonsense to be a police officer. She’ll be outed on social media so her job opportunities will be severely limited.

Reactions: Manami TMK
High risk low reward. She obviously lacks the commonsense to be a police officer. She’ll be outed on social media so her job opportunities will be severely limited.
I'll give her a p/t job opportunity

She’ll be outed on social media so her job opportunities will be severely limited.
I didnt want to be the first to point this out but you are right. Not only job opportunities but likely social opportunities as well. This is beyond "career limiting decision" and probably in the realm of something that could end up as a suicide.

80k/ two months? Surely that's a mistake...
I dont blame her for resigning. Im guessing her police career would've been fucked anyway having this kind of thing on record. (It's already bad enough being a female in such a male-dominated, heirarichal organisation.)
I wouldn’t. I’d walk in the next day and dead stare right back at my coworkers. ;)
Haha! I bet you would.
(that's exactly the kind of SW i'd rather see - Someone who isn't at all ashamed about her job!)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
But cool that such thing doesn’t get you fired!

Yes, legally she did nothing wrong more than a violation of the local public service act (Article 38 - outside activities without approval) as others in this thread have already pointed out.

However, as the OP mentioned, she was probably forced to resign. By resigning "voluntarily" on the effective date of the disciplinary action, the disciplinary action on her was nullified and not to be registered in the official record. In return, her official record remains clean. She doesn't have to mention this incident in her CV in the future job hunting.

First post here ....

These two cases in 2016 were two separate female civil servants who also got in hot water after being similarly outed. The former was 35 & worked at the Inzai City hall in Chiba and the latter was 37 & employed at the Chiba Prefectural Office ( had to re-read it as I first thought the articles were about the same person...)

Chiba civil servant suspended for part-time prostitution
Jan. 25 2016
https://www.tokyoreporter.com/enter...servant-suspended-for-part-time-prostitution/

Chiba civic employee resigns after side work as prostitute surfaces
Dec. 30 2016
https://www.tokyoreporter.com/enter...signs-after-side-work-as-prostitute-surfaces/

In the first case, the woman was on disability leave with 80% pay, and she worked 10 days at a fuzoku to net ¥50,000. In the second case, the period was 40 days, and she reportedly earned ¥2 million.

While the news articles don’t indicate how many days the policewoman in Shimonoseki Yamaguchi allegedly worked, they indicated it was between the months of September and November, and that she only netted ¥80,000. Like others have commented, I’m both surprised and curious as to how and why the amount was so little. Did the policewoman get ripped off by her other employer?

Last edited:
Yes, legally she did nothing wrong more than a violation of the local public service act (Article 38 - outside activities without approval) as others in this thread have already pointed out

I am not aware of any police force in the world which would allow an officer to engage in paid sex work.

Just because the contract doesn’t say ‘paid sex work isn’t allowed’ it doesn’t mean it would be tolerated. It would be covered by more general terms like ‘bringing the police force into disrepute’.

Allowing officers to engage in sex work would foster sexual harassment, sexual coercion and corruption.

She doesn't have to mention this incident in her CV in the future job hunting.

There's no requirement for her to do so regardless, and it would be unlawful for her previous employer (the police in this case) to share that information with any prospective employers.

None of the news reports I have seen mention her name - if her ID had been made public, she would have been able to sue the department for defamation. She actually may well still be able to do so, as the incident took place in a relatively small community, thus making her identity relatively easy to confirm for anyone living in the area.