Poll: Are You Tired Of All The P4p/pua Wars?

What do you think the P4P/PUA constant arguing?

• Fuck those PUAs! I'm not stopping until they are all dead!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P4P sucks!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's not the sub forum, it's generally all down to a particular single user who continues to argue despite nobody else sharing his opinions.

Sure, there were the odd disagreements before he showed up, but generally they were handled like grown ups.

It's not the sub forum, it's generally all down to a particular single user who continues to argue despite nobody else sharing his opinions.

Sure, there were the odd disagreements before he showed up, but generally they were handled like grown ups.

Gotta agree with you!

I consider myself to be pretty open to all sorts of views of the world,
but am not that thrilled with schoolyard themed taunts:

I give a couple of freebies and root gets small balls.

Reactions: Wwanderer
With a certain user, I do feel there is no point about arguing and it's better to let him talk alone.

Other prominent PUAs advocates actually helped me to have a more nuanced opinion about the phenomenon.
I felt the need to share a couple of my concerns about it and I'm quite satisfied by their answers.

Imo, both P4P and PUA are controversial activities. You could find pros and cons and debate about them for ages.
Truth is context matters, people matters.

It is probably worth pointing out that this poll was inspired by a conversation in another thread that started with this post:

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/is-p4p-a-part-of-pua-gaming.11843/#post-74488

and ended with this one (so far):

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/is-p4p-a-part-of-pua-gaming.11843/page-2#post-74506

There are about 15 short posts in the discussion. In it I explain why I think it best for participants in an open net forum to choose what to read and what not to read rather than trying to control what others post (by social pressure or other means).

Fwiiw, none of the options in this poll correspond well to my view, which is simply that the large volume of posts, views and likes coming from a significant number of TAGers produced by "the P4P/PUA Wars" are compelling evidence that the topic is popular enough on TAG to justify its existence even if it is tiresome to others (who are not compelled to read the material, of course).

-Ww

Reactions: owlet
Also, fwiiw, however much I disagree with @4vibes and think his posts are useless and counterproductive (even to his goals), I'd not want to single him out and inhibit him from posting just because almost everyone dislikes what he has to say.

We (TAGers) did this not so long ago to recently returned @TokyoJoeblow because many said they were tired to death of the types of threads he started, so he disappeared and was soon missed by many. His threads got a lot of traffic and views. That is all you need to know to figure out if they had a place on TAG imo. I sometimes got tired of them too. When I did, I stopped reading them...so easy and simple.

-Ww

Reactions: owlet
Also, fwiiw, however much I disagree with @4vibes and think his posts are useless and counterproductive (even to his goals), I'd not want to single him out and inhibit him from posting just because almost everyone dislikes what he has to say.

We (TAGers) did this not so long ago to recently returned @TokyoJoeblow because many said they were tired to death of the types of threads he started, so he disappeared and was soon missed by many. His threads got a lot of traffic and views. That is all you need to know to figure out if they had a place on TAG imo. I sometimes got tired of them too. When I did, I stopped reading them...so easy and simple.

-Ww

Once again, words of wisdom!

We tired of TokyoJoeblow's posts because his replies became rude and hurtful-understandable considering the apparent stress he was undergoing.

It appears that the feedback from those posts inspired him to take a breather and return with what seems to be a healthier approach to his posts.

I welcome his return, and it appears most of the forum does as well, even those "sweet" ones that were the targets of his diatribes.
I see him as a kinder and gentler TAG member now.

Here's hoping 4vibes will transform into a less counterproductive member, as well.

His posts and our responses are not really the best of what TAG has to offer.

I enjoy satire, even when I am the target, especially the many clever barbs aimed at me. Those kind give me pause to reconsider my views or provide healthy bouts of amusement. A good laugh is always welcome!

While I'll still read his posts, I'm weary of the inane insults and the lack of desire to consider views that do not meet his rigid perspectives.

So, no further responses to 4vibes/BadVibes posts from me. It's just a waste of time and energy.

the large volume of posts, views and likes coming from a significant number of TAGers produced by "the P4P/PUA Wars" are compelling evidence that the topic is popular enough on TAG to justify its existence even if it is tiresome to others (who are not compelled to read the material, of course).

Popular doesn't mean interesting discussion. When people are basically rehashing the same things over and over again, the posts, views, and likes are coming from passion of your point of view, not that anyone really has anything new to say.

who are not compelled to read the material, of course

Actually as a moderator I pretty much AM compelled to read the material. :dead:

People like to make fun of me for locking threads, but there's so much emotion involved in this and people just aren't willing to leave other people to their own social notions and opinions that regardless of whatever the topic is, it inevitably devolves into attacking each other for doing the thing you disagree with, and then it inevitably devolves further into people calling each other idiots. I honestly don't read every post fully because frankly I don't have time to wade through several pages of rehashed arguments a day. I'm basically just waiting for the personal attacks to begin.