Possible to get a Cityheaven.net account as a foreigner?

bbbjmaps

TAG Member
Reaction score
Can I get a city heaven account without a real Japanese phone number?

Trying to set some things up before I arrive.

If not is there a way for me to get a temp number?

Thanks all!

You need to follow their rules in order to join. There are no temp number systems to circumvent their system.
Being a foreigner has no bearing on if you can join or not.

Can I get a city heaven account without a real Japanese phone number?
No. This is by design.

Phone numbers in Japan are tied to actual IDs, and give the shops access to legal recourse via the police if the provider is mistreated.

After making your account I would advise taking your time exploring CityHeaven and getting used to the “storefront” before using the account for things like reservations and communicating with staff.

Even for a Japanese language veteran like me I found myself lost in the dazzle of new jargon and purposeful lack of clarity…for folks with limited Japanese ability this site is best left as a reference rather than a tool.

Reactions: Danbo and Maxblack
You can use a rental SIM card with a "real" japanese phone number to register an account after crossing the border.

Reactions: bbbjmaps
After making your account I would advise taking your time exploring CityHeaven and getting used to the “storefront” before using the account for things like reservations and communicating with staff.

Even for a Japanese language veteran like me I found myself lost in the dazzle of new jargon and purposeful lack of clarity…for folks with limited Japanese ability this site is best left as a reference rather than a tool.

Yeah, Japanese webdesign is still stuck in the 2000s.....most Japanese online storefronts are atrocious. Even if you can read it it's often impossible to find your way around, edit settings etc.

Ontop of that Cityheaven is often confusing because there are so many shops with incomplete system/fee information. No info what is included in their regular course or they offer special courses without mentioning a word what differs in comparison. Often you have to check their regular website to see if you can find the info there.