Pranlukast 112.5mg alright to drink with caffeine?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I was prescribed this same medication last spring and I did take it continuously for a couple months but I don't remember if this medicine was alright to take not long before or after drinking coffee, green tea, red bull, etc.

I have done some searching online and didn't come across any information about bad interactions between caffeine and Pranlukast. I posted about Allegra last year and as long as I don't do cocaine (lol) while I'm taking it, I will be alright.

Don't worry, I'm not an illegal drug user haha. But does anyone know if this medication is alright to take a couple hours after downing a big cup of black coffee?

I would appreciate any help with this as I hope to take the medication soon before I go to bed.

Nevermind, looks like I found the answer in Japanese:

http://www.jsmi.jp/book/nomiawase.html

It doesn't say how far apart to take them, but it just says not to take them together to avoid feeling overexcited and restless. I assume that waiting a few hours will be alright.

You’ve already found the answer but I’d still say stay away to second the information. It gives me heart palpitations and triggers anxiety if I mix these allergy meds with caffeine. You can always replace your regular coffee with teas or decaf coffee, it takes a while to get used to it but your heart will thank you.

It's best not to combine large amounts of caffeine with any drug that has stimulant effects. Caffeine can increase or activate the side effects.

Last edited:
You’ve already found the answer but I’d still say stay away to second the information. It gives me heart palpitations and triggers anxiety if I mix these allergy meds with caffeine. You can always replace your regular coffee with teas or decaf coffee, it takes a while to get used to it but your heart will thank you.

It's best not to combine large amounts of caffeine with any drug that has stimulant effects. Caffeine can increase or activate the side effects.

Yes, I decided to steer clear of the meds tonight. My hayfever hasn't kicked into high gear yet...luckily because I have been doing more work from home and less going out like last year. I was doing the Monday - Friday type job and my symptoms were killing me.

I ate some yogurt with honey and drank 2 glasses of tomato juice and I'm feeling great lol.

Just embark on a dedicated program of cocaine abuse.

You can’t have sinus trouble if you don’t have any sinuses left.

Just embark on a dedicated program of cocaine abuse.

You can’t have sinus trouble if you don’t have any sinuses left.
Alright, let's get this party started! lol

s75y7.jpg

So I came across this website:

https://cancam.jp/archives/545396

I already know that tomatoes, tomato juice, vegetable juice, yogurt and honey help relieve hayfever symptoms. I eat yogurt with honey every morning and drink a couple glasses of tomato juice every day as well.

This site did mention something interesting I didn't know about, that I thought I would share with everyone. It mentioned that heating up tomato juice/tomatoes is better. Does anyone here microwave a cup of tomato juice to fight off hayfever? lol

I guess it is something I will try out with dinner tonight:

Tomato is also recommended because the substance called lycopene with antioxidant effect suppresses allergic symptoms and improves immunity balance. Indeed, at the Allergy Society, data on relieving the symptoms of hay fever has been announced.

Tomato juice etc is okay, but it is better to warm it. The reason is that the protein structure of "cedar pollen" and the protein structure of "raw tomato" are similar, so 7 to 14% of the cedar pollen allergy has allergy of raw tomato Sometimes the throat is itching. However, if you heat anything in the range, the protein structure changes, so allergic symptoms will not occur. Let's consciously take hot tomatoes.

Reactions: namae