Guest viewing is limited

Questions about the meaning of stuffs on Tinder profiles

fzym

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi, so my Japanese is casual and has its limits, and this is not just a lack of language skills here but also of real-life uses so I'm a bit confused:

- First, sometimes I see tinder profile where the girl says the purpose is 暇つぶし, which google translates by "killing time".

Does killing time in this context mean "chatting on tinder and at best grab a coffee", or are we talking "having sex that won't mean more than killing time"?

- Then I matched with a girl that looks cute but I'm a bit confused too about the meaning of her profile, and if you don't mind I'm copying the text because it can mean many things to me and I would appreciate experienced eyes:

ご飯やら色々誘ってくれて嬉しいんですが、ほんとにめんどくさがり屋x出不精なので、迷いもせずお断りすること約9.5割です。

残りの0.5割は
自分から誘 訪うか(基本目由人なので)
行きたいお店+1件でばいなら+qお財布いらない
なら多分120%行きます
(マジでナニサマ)

あと、セックスに関してですが、
非常に事足りてます。

お寿司 、すき焼き、焼肉、焼き島
和食大好きマン。酒は芋ソ。

スキピアニメ→ナルトエヴァジョジョ
見たいアニメ渋滞中

目的は、暇つぶしでっすウォウウォウ
食べることって生きがい以外何者でもN

So what I kind of understand with google is:

- Basically she will decline 95% of invitations to dinner.
-Except, either she will propose herself to have dinner, because she is a free person, either if you propose an omise she wants to go, + stars align, + you pay for the meal, then she would go
(I guess nanisama means like "I'm something sama", like I'm kind of a princess?)

- Now, the sex paragraph, does it mean like "yes having sex is very good", like yes we can, or am I being too optimistic and it's more like 結構です, like "I have enough sex so I don't need it from you"?

- Finally, there's the 暇つぶしウォウウォウ thing, that my male brain interprets as "let's go do fun stuffs with our bodies", am I right or just dumbly enthuasiastic?

And then the last sentence means basically eating is just to stay alive but I don't care, or eating is the meaning of life?

CONCLUSION:

Does this profile mean "I'm just here to have fun sex, anyway I will likely refuse dinner so don't waste your time unless you're ready to spend your cash in a nice restaurant, so just propose me something more fun and let's go screw"?

Does it mean "what I love is eating, I will likely decline but if we happen to go for dinner and it's fun then it will be good to have sex too?"

Or is it completely different, just here to chat, looking for a sugar daddy, whatever.

(Side-note, I had sent her a super-like + sending a sentence with the super like, we matched this morning, she sent an ohayou gozaimasu and a smiley sun, I haven't answered yet due to questions above)

Thanks!!

Attachments

• ygrhfjknsd.jpg
    ygrhfjknsd.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: leducul
am I just dumbly enthuasiastic?

Yes.

Basically she is saying "I am here to just kill time chatting unless you will take me to an expensive restaurant I select and pay for everything and treat me like a princess and no, I still won't have sex with you".

tl;dr Skip this one and move to the next girl.

Yes.

Basically she is saying "I am here to just kill time chatting unless you will take me to an expensive restaurant I select and pay for everything and treat me like a princess and no, I still won't have sex with you".

Yes, that was the other scenario I had in mind. Thanks for saving me time.

Also does always 暇つぶし have this same meaning of "just chatting", or can it have a funnier meaning? Just to know what to think when I see it.

Also does always 暇つぶし have this same meaning of "just chatting", or can it have a funnier meaning?

I am not an expert on cool teenager slang but do you have any specific reasons why in this context it would mean something else than just "killing time" which is the normal translation?

@fzym
As usual resident guru @MikeH has nailed it.
This sort of girl needs to be avoided like the plague.

TBH, your rule should be, if you don’t understand the message, avoid the messenger.

If your level of Japanese is not good enough to understand the message, what makes you think things are gonna be better in person.

BTW for many on here, TAG is our 暇つぶし

I am not an expert on cool teenager slang but do you have any specific reasons why in this context it would mean something else than just "killing time" which is the normal translation?

Just in case, because although some go there for real relationships, it's also a hookup app. And as the expression came often, including from girls with profiles that were emphasizing their sexy side, I came to wonder.
And because it seems that there is a Japanese ways of saying some things in the love and sex field, that can go unnoticed if you're not used to them, so, just wanted to check.

@fzym
TBH, your rule should be, if you don’t understand the message, avoid the messenger.

If your level of Japanese is not good enough to understand the message, what makes you think things are gonna be better in person.

Sounds like a good rule.
Regarding my Japanese level, it's enough for most casual conversations, but the written style can give me some issues sometimes when the syntax differs from the one I'm used to in a way that makes it ambiguous to me. So, short answer, usually it goes fine in person.