Read Any Good Books Lately?

@roots reggae Do you know how much i love you right now? :love:
Ten years ago or something i read a japanese book that was fantastic, but even though i remembered the story i was totally unable to remember the title/author - and googling some of the plot keywords turned out to be an utter fail. While reading your post the name "Abe Kobo" for some reason rang a bell, so i wikipedia-ed him. Bingo, he is the author of "Secret Rendezvous", the book i was searching for all these years. THANK YOU!

First-timers could start with "The Music". It's one of Mishima's lightest book, there's some humour, and it's a very addicting book. It's about a psychoanalyst trying to cure his new patient, a beautiful woman who "can't hear the music" anymore, while navigating through her lies.

Mercy, you can't imagine how nice you just made me feel! My pleasure! I've read quite a bit of Abe Kobo, but not Secret Rendezvous. I'll have to see if my local library has a copy.

I've read quite a few Yukio Mishima, bit have not review all. I need to read just one more of his four part series to finish it. I'll look for The Music based on your recommendation:love::love:.

I'm in a Japanese phase right now.

My specialty in university was literary criticism and literary analysis. I wrote my masters thesis on a rhetorical analysis of Book Nine, Paradise Lost. I found Milton massively boring, however, if I do say so myself, my wholly original analysis was nothing short of brilliant! I still cannot believe I wrote on that level.

Just finished reading the Condor Trilogy, it's something I read as a child and I was always fascinated with the Kung fu hero stories, the second book is definetly my favorite. It explores romatisism deeply, gives me the nostalgic feelings. I would recommend it if you read Chinese, since there are many terms and philosophical phrases that cannot be translate it to other languages.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condor_Trilogy

Also reading The Catcher in the Rye purely for a nostalgia for my high school years.