Real Wrapping Paper... WHERE?

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
Has anyone come across any Christmas wrapping paper around Tokyo?
It doesn't have to be totally Christmas themed, but I'm just looking for actual rolls of wrapping paper instead of the crappy single sheets you can general buy at most places.

I'm betting that National Azabu may have some...

Otherwise, gonna have to order off Amazon, lol.

Not fair! Asking a question, making me happy that I can answer and then providing the same answer yourself :p

Now even changing my answer to National Denen doesn't make me feel any happier at all. :(

So who is the lucky girl you are going to present yourself all wrapped up? :cool:

Not fair! Asking a question, making me happy that I can answer and then providing the same answer yourself :p

Now even changing my answer to National Denen doesn't make me feel any happier at all. :(

So who is the lucky girl you are going to present yourself all wrapped up? :cool:

LOL.... :D

I'm planning to wrap a few gifts for people here in Japan plus pre-wrap some stuff before I leave Japan for the holiday break.

I figured National Azabu would have it, but I'm close to it if I happen to be Roppongi. Otherwise, it's a pain to get to from where I live and work most of the time.

Thanks for your reply anyway!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Now when I actually stop to think about this I believe I got my Christmas wrapping paper rolls from Takashimaya in Shinjuku last year.

Be careful about prewrapping gifts, they may get unwrapped by Homeland Security on your way into the country. I usually wrap them and then send them EMS to the states. Less likely to be unwrapped.

Be careful about prewrapping gifts, they may get unwrapped by Homeland Security on your way into the country. I usually wrap them and then send them EMS to the states. Less likely to be unwrapped.

You're thinking of the states. Good thing they aren't everywhere in the world. :D
But seriously, this stuff would be in my carry-on anyway... plus it's all clothing type items.

A coworker got nabbed going through TSA security for a 'random' screening to which the little detector went off for explosive material. There's no way he could have had any exposure to anything remotely that would trigger that. I'm convinced it was a planned 'random' screening to test TSA people. (maybe a little too much tinfoil hat stuff here, but it was really odd timing and circumstance...)

pre-wrap some stuff before I leave Japan for the holiday break.

Might want to hold off and wrap when you arrive at your designation - it's no fun to have customs decide to unwrap your gifts.

Has anyone come across any Christmas wrapping paper around Tokyo?
It doesn't have to be totally Christmas themed, but I'm just looking for actual rolls of wrapping paper instead of the crappy single sheets you can general buy at most places.

Otherwise, gonna have to order off Amazon, lol.

Flying Tiger...cheap and cheerful. They have a branch in Shinjuku...near the Sth exit of the station (near GAP).