Guest viewing is limited

Recommendation: Viva Banco in Yoyogi Uehara

Tabanico

TAG Member
Reaction score
No reason to share this other than I fucking love this place. It often requires a reservation so would recommend you reserve, but you might get lucky if you are just in the area - certainly the staff are super nice and accommodating, and if they can they will will fit you in somehow (I've been there when it is empty but fully booked and they squeezed me in for as long as they could before they had to give up my table). Which is one of the reasons this place is so great. The other reason is the food: everything is good to amazing, and their speciality seems to be a mixed grill which is fantastic, but before you even get to that you will want to try out umpteen of the starter courses (eg. today, buratta and orange in olive oil; mushroom and hard cheese salad; white asparagus tempura; etc.). The other other reason is the wine. They have a seriously good selection, and one of the tenchos - who looks like a 14-year-old part-time conbini-worker - is just a fucking amazing sommelier. Give her the most crap instructions and she will still find a wine that suits your taste. And the other other other reason is actually the first reason: the staff are great.

Today we ate for about 25,000 yen for 2 people, with 2 bottles of wine, and a digestif. And everything was just perfect.

This is my hidden gem. Judging by the fact that it is always full, it is not an actual hidden gem. Still though, I am not sure I should be giving this up to you heathens. Buti t is so good that I can't not share. Enjoy, and don't fuck it up for the rest of us plzthx.

“Viva Banca” doesn’t bring anything up on Google Maps. Maybe “Viva Banco”?

‘The cheapest one you have that wont make me shit myself if i drink the whole bottle’ is my standard.
Hope she can work with that.

I am more used to vodka and the definition of a good one is if you drink one bottle you throw up two so wouldn't know about those wines.

Reactions: Sudsy and Tabanico