Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Girls Bar?

Jakku

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've always been curious about these places. I know most are pretty much just chatting with girls out of your league with no P4P, but honestly sometimes that is all I want. It would most certainly be more fun than speaking Japanese with Taro-kun at the Izakaya talking about Japan's amazing four seasons in any case.

If it the helps the recommendation: I won't need to use a translation app during a one hour conversation unless she somehow decides that I'm the guy she wants to discuss international economic relations with. Also, I'm a mid-30s white dude.

Does anyone have any recommendations in the Tokyo/Yokohama area that are legit, i.e. charges as advertised and won't charge me 10,000 yen for a single beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice
To be honest often it doesn't take a girlsbar to do that. There are enough small bars in Kabukicho....and on a slow evening with not a lot of customers around you will end up talking to the staff anyway. Just go to one with a female barkeeper 😆

Sure, at girlsbars you probably get more attention and in recent years the amount of strange Concafes/bars has risen...so there is a lot of special interest stuff out there

Reactions: Jakku and Maxblack
Thank you for the advice, I'll look into the neighborhood more. I've avoided it like the plague though just because the number of scams that go on. Any advice on how to avoid them besides just not following touts? I've always been worried about simply wondering into the wrong place.

Thank you for the advice, I'll look into the neighborhood more. I've avoided it like the plague though just because the number of scams that go on. Any advice on how to avoid them besides just not following touts? I've always been worried about simply wondering into the wrong place.

In general if the prices are posted and clear, you’re good.
If there is no way to see how much it costs for a beer and an hour, you’re dead.

Ikebukuro has some fun looking girls bars ground floor; the one with all the bunny girls looks awesome and of course if you like strong chicks the Muscle Bar is a must.

Just checked out a video of Muscle Bar; it looks pretty fun just because it's so different. Not even my type but I think I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip.

I am interested in more alternative places and found most bars I wanted to visit on Twitter....and they cross-reference other places. Amount of bars I want to go to is endless 😅
......that said I also stumbled drunken into bars without knowing anything and I think in most cases you can easily tell by the people being there if it's alright. At some bars you pay directly per drink because there is no cover charge, so in these cases nothing can happen anyway.

Girls bars are probably more tricky because they charge hourly. I also wouldn't just follow a random girl standing on the sidewalk with a sign. Just check beforehands online where you wanna go. There are some Concafes in Kabukicho I wanted to visit forever, maybe one day.

I think if you know your way around these parts of town the chance to get scammed is really not that high. Just don't follow people you don't know 🤣✌️
Have spent many nights dead drunk in Kabukicho nothing has ever happened.

You can try any of the shops of Zen Group Ginza/Tokyo. Many girls are English speakers. So you can have good conversation mixing Japanese and English. As @Danbo said, you need to control the time, in order to avoid surprises. Those girls are experts at entertaining you, making the alcohol flow, the time fly and and squeezing your pocket.
https://zen-group.jp/en/
[@TagManager, please delete the link if its publication does not proceed]

Reactions: Jakku and Alice
I also wouldn't just follow a random girl standing on the sidewalk with a sign.
How do those places with “30 minutes 1000 yen” signs make money? If you really stay only 30 minutes and don’t buy drinks for the girls, is it that cheap? Or will you just not get a girl if you don’t buy them drinks? do you still get shochu nomihodai for yourself for 1000 yen?

Also seem some “first time 2000 yen” oppai pubs open nowadays. Damn they must be making a loss on that..

Anyway, I have not been, but Honey Flash locations usually look very legit, ground floor and you can look inside, which is embarrassing if you know people in the area but I don’t think you are likely to get ripped off in places like that if you keep an eye on your tab.

Reactions: Jakku and Joe2017
How do those places with “30 minutes 1000 yen” signs make money? If you really stay only 30 minutes and don’t buy drinks for the girls, is it that cheap? Or will you just not get a girl if you don’t buy them drinks? do you still get shochu nomihodai for yourself for 1000 yen?

Also seem some “first time 2000 yen” oppai pubs open nowadays. Damn they must be making a loss on that..

Anyway, I have not been, but Honey Flash locations usually look very legit, ground floor and you can look inside, which is embarrassing if you know people in the area but I don’t think you are likely to get ripped off in places like that if you keep an eye on your tab.

I think they all probably have slightly different systems...but I really have no clue. I only went to a real girls bar once in Osaka because it had alternative staff, ground floor and was not very busy at that time. I think they charged a small fee per hour but drinks were separate. Stayed 2h, had fun chats, didn't buy any staff drinks but a cheki in the end and left with a pretty normal bill. Was fun.
I guess that most of them are really not that expensive if you just drop in for a drink and some chitchat....will only get expensive if the girls charm you to buy expensive bottles of crappy sweet sparkly wine.

Just had to check what is standard here in Ikebukuro. Most of them charge 3000 for the first hour nomihoudai, price increase after the first hour to 4-5000 per hour.

But there are also some exclusive ones that start around 7500 per hour....I can see how that can get completely out of hand😉

....it's expensive for guys. A lot of girl bars on the other hand charge female guests only 1000 per hour

Reactions: Jakku and Alice
....it's expensive for guys. A lot of girl bars on the other hand charge female guests only 1000 per hour
Surely I can’t be the only one who, when I first arrived in Japan, saw all the “girls bars” and thought I had accidentally gone into the lesbian district?

From my European perspective, “girls” would mean it’s aimed at girls, not that girls are the attraction.

Surely I can’t be the only one who, when I first arrived in Japan, saw all the “girls bars” and thought I had accidentally gone into the lesbian district?

From my European perspective, “girls” would mean it’s aimed at girls, not that girls are the attraction.
I'm American and I thought something similar. Not necessarily that they were for lesbians, but that they were a place women could go drink with no men around to bother them lol. There was one by university that I walked by every day and thought that for a whole semester. The next semester I had a class that got out after 6pm (as opposed to heading home by 2pm the previous semester) and was most definitely surprised by the girl trying to get me to go in there.