Guest viewing is limited

Red Room, a recommended place in Sannomiya

I also went to RR on Monday to walk by the gentleman in front a few times. I eventually made my way and just casually asked. He asked if I was a Hafu, which I politely told him I was and that I spoke some Japanese. He said my Japanese was "pretty" and asked the man upstairs if it was okay. He came back down and had me go upstairs with him. After I spoke with the guy at the desk, he apologized, saying that there weren't any women today willing to see me but to come back again. I asked if anyone would be later that day or the following day, and he said just to come back and check.

This could be his way of saying no, or it is possible the gals weren't interested. I also wasn't sure who was on the schedule that day, but after seeing this review, I would love to see Hikari.

I also went to RR on Monday to walk by the gentleman in front a few times. I eventually made my way and just casually asked. He asked if I was a Hafu, which I politely told him I was and that I spoke some Japanese. He said my Japanese was "pretty" and asked the man upstairs if it was okay. He came back down and had me go upstairs with him. After I spoke with the guy at the desk, he apologized, saying that there weren't any women today willing to see me but to come back again. I asked if anyone would be later that day or the following day, and he said just to come back and check.

This could be his way of saying no, or it is possible the gals weren't interested. I also wasn't sure who was on the schedule that day, but after seeing this review, I would love to see Hikari.
Yeah, so this is the typical Japanese way of politely refusing a customer, regardless of industry; just keep bullshitting them and drawing things out until THE CUSTOMER gives up and walks away. That way, it's on the (non)client and not the shop, and the company/staff have effectively saved face.

Obviously it doesn't matter if you're as much as 98% Japanese. Unless your life blood consists entirely of the very essence of Amaterasu no Megami, you ain't getting in.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeviousHaffu
I am not half so cannot be any expert. But I find it baffling being half would block someone from entering these places assuming born and raised in Japan and a citizen. I mean, look at how women who are half are so integrated into the provider side and even AV. There is no observable discrimination there. Is this really the case for men? I have several friends - more acquaintances I guess - who are half but other than facial appearance there is nothing that would distinguish them as non-Japanese. Nor does anyone around them view them as otherwise. I cannot exactly ask them but I doubt they would have trouble getting into any place of their choosing because they would pass the Japanese smell test with just a few seconds of conversation.

Reactions: Cinnabums
It shouldn't be too baffling. If you can't effectively communicate with someone, its often a pain in the ass. Think about it. At your professional job, someone who is trying to engage with you in another language and you don't understand. It is a nuisance, regardless of the intention or kindheartedness.

It shouldn't be too baffling. If you can't effectively communicate with someone, its often a pain in the ass. Think about it. At your professional job, someone who is trying to engage with you in another language and you don't understand. It is a nuisance, regardless of the intention or kindheartedness.

But I find it baffling being half would block someone from entering these places assuming born and raised in Japan and a citizen.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Aaaaaaand that's what would make it a prejudice.

An army of horny punters, all hopelessly gaijin. They live for the fuzoku dream. But now they’ve met the wrong tencho.

IMG_0337.jpeg

My fellow punters, why do you try to apply logic to where no logic has ever gone?

Your time would be more wisely used trying to figure out the mind of a woman or air line ticket pricing.

Just accept it all as it is, ask no questions and you have a more pleasant and happier life.

My fellow punters, why do you try to apply logic to where no logic has ever gone?

Your time would be more wisely used trying to figure out the mind of a woman or air line ticket pricing.

Just accept it all as it is, ask no questions and you have a more pleasant and happier life.
IMG_0338.jpeg

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH
I am not half so cannot be any expert. But I find it baffling being half would block someone from entering these places assuming born and raised in Japan and a citizen. I mean, look at how women who are half are so integrated into the provider side and even AV. There is no observable discrimination there. Is this really the case for men? I have several friends - more acquaintances I guess - who are half but other than facial appearance there is nothing that would distinguish them as non-Japanese. Nor does anyone around them view them as otherwise. I cannot exactly ask them but I doubt they would have trouble getting into any place of their choosing because they would pass the Japanese smell test with just a few seconds of conversation.
There is definitely discrimination against hafu women. A lot of soaplands are strictly for full Japanese girls, and even some pinksalons pride themselves in this.
I do think it’s more prominent for shops with physical store fronts and less for delivery.

Also in the case of Red Room, to me it seems like the front staff don’t care and that they actually check with the girls, but that the girls are probably busy enough with the locals recently or had some bad past experiences and not many of them are willing to take outlier clients nowadays.

There is definitely discrimination against hafu women. A lot of soaplands are strictly for full Japanese girls, and even some pinksalons pride themselves in this.
I do think it’s more prominent for shops with physical store fronts and less for delivery.

Also in the case of Red Room, to me it seems like the front staff don’t care and that they actually check with the girls, but that the girls are probably busy enough with the locals recently or had some bad past experiences and not many of them are willing to take outlier clients nowadays.
But could you imagine a SL turning away a Maria Ozawa in her prime? Lol. If so, that tencho should be fired! 😂

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH
I’ll prob try RR again sometime in the afternoon next time rather than 10am🤷🏻‍♂️

But could you imagine a SL turning away a Maria Ozawa in her prime? Lol. If so, that tencho should be fired! 😂

When she is working in Okinawa it's a soapie that doesn't take foreigners 😂

Reactions: CharlieSimms
That’s not a fair comparison.
That’s like saying “would an SL turn away the president of the United States?” (Well, I can imagine some would, lol)

Us non top famous women do not get the same treatment as Maria Ozawa either.

• Haha
Reactions: CharlieSimms

Agree. For those who are not familiar with Japanese customer service you're probably using western business logic, ie a focus on revenue and profit. Repeat customers are essential and vital to the survival of a service business in Japan. The business is supported by Japanese customers and we foreigners are a small percentage of the gross receipts. That said, consider getting serviced as a privilege, not an entitlement. Just because you have money doesn't mean you're entitled to service. If you read the Japanese discussion sites (akin to this one) there is sometimes the occasional comment threads about accepting foreigners but those threads are usually short and to the point. Japanese men, given a choice would prefer to spend their money at places that do not accept foreigners. Management knows that and have to make these choices. We are just a victim of those choices.

Just remember, it is a privilege to get serviced and you need to start thinking more like a Japanese and it pretty much explains why things are the way they are. You are in their way and you are a bother to the average Japanese customer who doesn't like you, may be intimidated by you and certainly doesn't have the language skills to communicate casually with you.

Hello fellow adventurers,

I have come across this forum and Red Room seems like a top tier place for AF in Kansai.

Big thanks to the author of this post for the thorough guide of the establishment.

Last posts suggest the the place is in a 外国人ダメ phase.

Has anyone been able to enter there recently ?

Cheers.

I tried to get into Red Room last week. I wasn’t told to piss off immediately, but I was told there were no girls that would see gaijin that day, but after cajoling tencho for a minute or two within which he made the mistake of thinking I had been there before, I was given 1 option, take it or leave it. It was Tsukika, who appeared to be the fattest girl on their roster. I wasn’t in the mood for a large woman, so I left it.