Guest viewing is limited

Regarding Wechat Discovery Mode

Glock

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. A friend of mine recently showed me the discovery mode of wechat app. While going through it I realized most of the girls are from China although the location shows that they are nearby... Was just wondering is any of you guys had some experience and feedback regarding this app function.. Im sorry if this has already been discussed in previous threads in which case could you refer me to those... Thanks!

I tried it out a couple years ago. It's said to be very popular in China, but almost nobody in Japan uses it.

I didn't really find any girls willing to meet. There were 2 or 3 Chinese girls who seemed to have accounts aimed at scamming me into signing up for some other site. They tried their hardest in broken English or broken Japanese, claiming that we could talk more if I signed up for some paid SNS. No thanks.

@jjjjtokyo thanks. Yea it seems to be the case that it is mostly flakes in Japan.. Its a shame. My friend who's an expat in Beijing said he had some fantastic success from this app over there.

I tried it in the past out of curiosity.
The bottom line is : people registered on wechat don't use it for finding dates/partners.
They use it to stay in touch with friends/family members.
So, you'd waste your time trying to find potential partners there.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Well I managed to get 2 dates on it for next week with some Japanese girls... One in her late twenties and the other in her early thirties.... I proactively messaged until I got two replies and took the messaging from there.... Whether the dates materialize (I may actualy flake since I just really wanted to see how it works... I prefer face to face Nampa... I have my own isues in life :/...) is another story. It all depends on how I feel that day. I'll keep you guys posted all the same if you're interested if anything goes down. Thanks for your replies!!