Guest viewing is limited

Relationship Dealbreakers

Both of you make very valid points.

And both of you struck a sensitive nerve in each other. Maximum respect to Lady_Lu for admitting her sarcastic remark and effort to make amends. I hope RandomTokyoGuy, a valued TAG member, can forgive and get past the barb.

From my experience, both of you are correct.

RandomTokyoGuy writes that couples must share values in a long-term relationship-so true. It's important to start building a strong foundation, especially early on. Shared values definitely are needed to do so.

Lady_Lu points out the people change and need to adjust to each other's changes. Growth is vital in a relationship. People can either grow together or grow apart. Trust is one of the casualties, but there are many others- such as affection, satisfaction, hope, resiliency, and joy in each other.

There is no one set of right or wrong in relationships. Both of you have your own values in raising kids and finances and it is obvious that what works for one of you would not work for the other. Both are valid viewpoints.

Very nice roots reggae ! It sounds like you are a true conflict solver (y)

Reactions: roots reggae
Deal breaker? Can't say that I have too many really other then that for myself, I am a straight shooter and I will tell you like it is and expect the same. If you can't do that then buh bye! I am also assuming you mean when you are in a relationship with someone correct? If not then I will say if I am getting the courage to talk to a girl then things I don't like, superficial, greedy, cares to much about her status, crazy, dumb, ignorant, can't carry a conversation, hates Star Wars, hates video games. I once walked away from a girl who was beautiful had a lot of great qualities and then she said that she hated video games, I said I could work around that then she began to dog on most of my geeky hobbies to which I said goodbye and left.