Guest viewing is limited

Renting a car and parking in Tokyo

corgiesiao

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi. Besides p4p I'm planning to rent a car at Tachikawa to check out some nice sight-seeing locations but I hear parking fees are expensive AF in Tokyo. Just curious on average how much are overnight parking fees in a parking garage/car park and I'm wondering if I can ask the car rental company to park the rented car at their compound instead to save some yen. Would love to hear some feedback, thanks.

The closer you get to central Tokyo, the more expensive it gets. Can expect as little as 800yen up to thousands of yen per night. Parking in the wrong spot and not understanding the rules can cost 10k+ or more.

Hi. Besides p4p I'm planning to rent a car at Tachikawa to check out some nice sight-seeing locations but I hear parking fees are expensive AF in Tokyo. Just curious on average how much are overnight parking fees in a parking garage/car park and I'm wondering if I can ask the car rental company to park the rented car at their compound instead to save some yen. Would love to hear some feedback, thanks.
Take the train.

You really don't want to drive in central Tokyo. Between the toll booths and parking fees, not sure if it's worth the hassle and extra money out of your pocket. Unles you plan to avoid the narrow highways but then you would be going nowhere fast.

Reactions: Alice