Risk of Working Illegally (outside Japan)

Damn I guess working girls gotta wipe their phones and avoid carrying large amounts of cash when crossing the US border. Honestly I don't know why Japanese girls are still taking the risk doing SW in that crazy country when there are better options available.

One of my female Japanese friends is visiting the States next year and she told me the feds are much more suspicious of single Japanese women coming to the states for sure. It still mystifies me why P4P is one of the last big taboos in the US.

It still mystifies me why P4P is one of the last big taboos in the US.
The IRS doesn't like anyone else fucking their citizens.

One of my female Japanese friends is visiting the States next year and she told me the feds are much more suspicious of single Japanese women coming to the states for sure. It still mystifies me why P4P is one of the last big taboos in the US.
This is true. My girl(who’s also Japanese) and I went back to the States earlier this year and immigration repeatedly asked her why she was coming NOW of all times and how much money she had on her and what is she going to do when she runs out. Not a good way to start her first American journey. Her Japanese female friends said they’d gone through the same situation, some were even taken into interrogation rooms. Why Japanese women, all of a sudden? Filipina’s, I can understand, but Japanese? That’s wild.

• Sad
Reactions: Alice
Just from my experience, but if you’re a citizen and going over with a girl go through the non-citizen line together. You’re gonna be waiting for her to get through either way and if you go together it’s literally the easiest check you can imagine.

Never once had an issue being a citizen in the non-citizen line and it’s always just “have a nice trip” and you’re off.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
Just from my experience, but if you’re a citizen and going over with a girl go through the non-citizen line together. You’re gonna be waiting for her to get through either way and if you go together it’s literally the easiest check you can imagine.

Never once had an issue being a citizen in the non-citizen line and it’s always just “have a nice trip” and you’re off.
I've taken my gf with me to the states and I drag her through the citizens line with me and we've not had an issue yet. If she went by herself, I wonder if she'd have any issues.
They've never told me I can't do that and they process us fairly quickly with some basic questions and we're out.

When I travel back alone, they still ask me why I'm there and how long I'm staying... guess the US Passport doesn't mean anything. 😄

This is true. My girl(who’s also Japanese) and I went back to the States earlier this year and immigration repeatedly asked her why she was coming NOW of all times and how much money she had on her and what is she going to do when she runs out. Not a good way to start her first American journey. Her Japanese female friends said they’d gone through the same situation, some were even taken into interrogation rooms. Why Japanese women, all of a sudden? Filipina’s, I can understand, but Japanese? That’s wild.
Filipinas need a visa to visit the US. Tourist visas are especially difficult for them to get. They require many documents including showing their bank accounts and financial assets to show that they are not gonna overstay and become illegal aliens. Used to be an issue back in the day. Those whose visa application can get granted usually just do to visit relatives. Japan on the other hand doesn’t need a visa to travel in the US. If Japanese women are getting this much attention from immigration and customs, then it means that it’s more widespread than what we know.

I've taken my gf with me to the states and I drag her through the citizens line with me and we've not had an issue yet. If she went by herself, I wonder if she'd have any issues.
They've never told me I can't do that and they process us fairly quickly with some basic questions and we're out.

When I travel back alone, they still ask me why I'm there and how long I'm staying... guess the US Passport doesn't mean anything. 😄
Nice! I thought they might be hardasses about that - good to hear!

I started doing this because I did have a minor issue like that a couple years back - she went on her own through non-citizens while I went through citizens and they were asking her all the questions listed here (how long will you be here, how much money do you have etc etc) and not being terribly nice. Then when they asked her to show her flight back to Japan they saw my name on there with her. “Oh you’re traveling with a guy? Go on through.”

I’ve seen the exact same thing in Germany too, for what it’s worth. Seems like a lot of countries have their antennae up…

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
As I understand it, at least for the US, if a non-citizen is traveling with a US citizen, they can come through the citizen line with the US passport holder.
I think part of that comes down to understanding who you are traveling with. I'd venture to guess that it makes their jobs easier when you go though as a couple/group if you're actually traveling together and they can see that directly. I have been asked in the past if had anyone travelling with me when I was solo.

Damn I guess working girls gotta wipe their phones and avoid carrying large amounts of cash when crossing the US border. Honestly I don't know why Japanese girls are still taking the risk doing SW in that crazy country when there are better options available.
They can make up to 40~60K USD tax-free for a few weeks of work and the scouts are often very convincing about how it’s safe.

These ladies don’t know about civil asset forfeiture.

Why Japanese women, all of a sudden? Filipina’s, I can understand, but Japanese? That’s wild.
European women are not safe either. Anyone is a suspect to the US because the meatheads that work at immigration still believe that the US is the greatest country in the world, so surely people from ANY other country are just desperate to sneak into the US and either overstay their visas, work illegally or do both!

To be fair, this is not just a sex work issue.
Since they are not citizen, even if SW was legal, they would be working there illegally and taking the money out of the country afterwards. I can’t fully blame any country to not want that to happen but it does suck for us.

I fully gave up the idea of touring, I’m already satisfied if immigration doesn’t give me a hard time on a regular vacation.

US Federal Agents are already aware that the weak Japanese Yen entices sex workers to come and work during their stay. Easier to deny entry or confiscate cash than to bust a prostitution ring, which involves cooperation from City/County/State enforcement agencies.

....that said, I hope the Japanese Yen stabilizes. It's quite sad to read about people having to resort leaving their own country to make a living. There's language barrier and possibility for human trafficking. The booker might confiscate the woman's belongings and force her to pay off debt.

Last edited:

I started doing this because I did have a minor issue like that a couple years back - she went on her own through non-citizens while I went through citizens and they were asking her all the questions listed here (how long will you be here, how much money do you have etc etc) and not being terribly nice. Then when they asked her to show her flight back to Japan they saw my name on there with her. “Oh you’re traveling with a guy? Go on through.”

I’ve seen the exact same thing in Germany too, for what it’s worth. Seems like a lot of countries have their antennae up…
Imma start a 'rent-a-boyfriend' service for SWs to help them cross international borders. Lifting and dragging of luggage included! Cost: Plane ticket.
Inquire within!

Last edited:
The (handful) of girls I have talked to who have visited the US recently all have taken precautions like this. Wiping their twitter accounts, etc... One even refuses to travel solo she had her parents come with her too.

Land of the free eh. To be fair though, in general people cannot work in other countries, regardless of whatever type of job.

The (handful) of girls I have talked to who have visited the US recently all have taken precautions like this. Wiping their twitter accounts, etc... One even refuses to travel solo she had her parents come with her too.

Land of the free eh. To be fair though, in general people cannot work in other countries, regardless of whatever type of job.
Are you talking about fuzoku girls literally inviting her parents to join to support her work? I find that bizarre...

Reactions: Icyblu
Are you talking about fuzoku girls literally inviting her parents to join to support her work? I find that bizarre...
Bizarre to people who don't live here. While I won't say it's overly common, a good percentage of fuzoku workers tell their family what they do.
It's not dinner table conversation, but it's not always a secret about what they do.

Oh no, I just meant going on vacation to the US, not working there. She didn't want to go by herself to try to avoid extra questioning. No intention to work in the US, but could still get turned away if they find out what she does back in Japan.

Reactions: Alice and Icyblu

Exactly. Allways take her with you.

Reactions: Alice
Yeah exactly.
If they truly want to be the land of the free, giving full body autonomy to their citizens (legal sex work, abortion, euthanasia) is the LEAST they should offer.
Freedom country my ass.

No intention to work in the US, but could still get turned away if they find out what she does back in Japan.
Yes, I literally feel like I can’t even take recreational trips to certain places.

• Sad
Reactions: DragonSlayer