Scam addendum

Babaram

TAG Member
Reaction score
Proposing an addendum to @Sudsy's excellent Guide to Adult Services Scams.

SCAM

THE CONCERNED MONGER

THE BAIT

A selfless "Senior member" of a sex forum warns you of the dangers of being arrested, waterboarded, drugged, or robbed when partaking anywhere in Tokyo, except at the one place recommended by the concerned monger.

THE HOOK

You are being sent to a guaranteed Gajin-friendly, FS-tolerant, no Japanese needed establishment. When you get there, all of the knock-out ladies shown on the website are on vacation, or on the rag. When you leave, you are broke.

DAMAGE

Twice or three times the going rate.

WHERE IT IS COMMON

On an international website that may not be mentioned here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaWeeknd
Is this a bait and switch shop with ridiculous prices? Or do they simply take your money without providing service?

Reactions: Alice
Can you PM me with the place+forum to avoid?

I've come across a soap that heavily markets itself as english-friendly online and didn't think much of it at the time. But then I made a post here with a common mongering abbreviation + soapland and it was auto-redacted, which made me realize I typed in the name of said soap by coincidence and made me wonder if it was a scam of some sort. Hmm.

Proposing an addendum to @Sudsy's excellent Guide to Adult Services Scams.

SCAM

THE CONCERNED MONGER

THE BAIT

A selfless "Senior member" of a sex forum warns you of the dangers of being arrested, waterboarded, drugged, or robbed when partaking anywhere in Tokyo, except at the one place recommended by the concerned monger.

THE HOOK

You are being sent to a guaranteed Gajin-friendly, FS-tolerant, no Japanese needed establishment. When you get there, all of the knock-out ladies shown on the website are on vacation, or on the rag. When you leave, you are broke.

DAMAGE

Twice or three times the going rate.

WHERE IT IS COMMON

On an international website that may not be mentioned here.
Done, and credited. Thanks for that one - first time to see it in Japan.

Can you PM me with the place+forum to avoid?

I've come across a soap that heavily markets itself as english-friendly online and didn't think much of it at the time. But then I made a post here with a common mongering abbreviation + soapland and it was auto-redacted, which made me realize I typed in the name of said soap by coincidence and made me wonder if it was a scam of some sort. Hmm.
Anything targeted at foreigners with specific sites in ENGLISH are usually overcharging and not the kind of places we want on here.
There are other countless issues among various places, we just choose not to include them here for either good or bad reasons.