Guest viewing is limited

Closed Separate Fora For Normal Bars And Happening Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveShibuyaGyaru

TAG Member
Reaction score
It seems like the Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs has been overrun with discussion about happening bars.

Happening bars are just another form of fuzoku.

For those of who want to talk about Muse, etc, it would be helpful if there were a separate forum.

So how about two separate fora:

- Happening bars
- Restaurants, bars, and clubs

This definitely makes sense. Kind of weird to look for a place to eat yakitori and then end up reading about Solong's adventures.

lol... good point.

Will put it on the map, after international reviews are released.

Reactions: John Chavers
Completely disagree.

1) For those that don't know, Tokyo has a wide spectrum of bars and clubs, where many are very hard to classify.

Happening Bars, ARE bars, not P4P specifically. You can go there to just drink.

They are more adult themed. Like strip bars, S&M theme clubs, etc... There is no guarantee of what may occur or any direct service transactions.

2) This is Tokyo Adult Guide

Would think people coming here are not expecting the Walt Disney version.

3) Why specifically target Happening Bars?

Very odd. And shall we make separate categories for any adult theme bars?

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This definitely makes sense. Kind of weird to look for a place to eat yakitori and then end up reading about Solong's adventures.
Can you stop trolling and attacking me specifically? Focus on something else.

That category has many other threads related to adult theme clubs and bars to look at.

Last edited:
Completely disagree.

1) For those that don't know, Tokyo has a wide spectrum of bars and clubs, where many are very hard to classify.

Happening Bars, ARE bars, not P4P specifically. You can go there to just drink.

They are more adult themed. Like strip bars, S&M theme clubs, etc... There is no guarantee of what may occur or any direct service transactions.

2) This is Tokyo Adult Guide

Would think people coming here are not expecting the Walt Disney version.

3) Why specifically target Happening Bars?

Very odd. And shall we make separate categories for any adult theme bars?
1) The difference seems pretty obvious to me. I doubt a guy pays 10,000 yen entrance fee just to have a drink.

2) That is true. TAG would not be the first place to look for a nice restaurant. But it does have its own forum for some reason.

3) Agree. How about a happening bar plus couple kissa forum?

My point is that it is confusing for some people, including me. I don't think of anything adult theme related when I see a category named "bars and restaurants". Especially the "restaurants" part.

1) The difference seems pretty obvious to me. I doubt a guy pays 10,000 yen entrance fee just to have a drink.

2) That is true. TAG would not be the first place to look for a nice restaurant. But it does have its own forum for some reason.

3) Agree. How about a happening bar plus couple kissa forum?

1) Many Happening Bars are Nomi-Hodai.

A) That means all you can drink, consequently, they have to charge to cover this.

Plus women and couples are charged less, to encourage them to come, so guys are arguably charged more to make up the difference.

B) Women and couples pay LESS than 10,000 yen.

An "all you can drink" Happening Bar is relatively very inexpensive for women and couples.

2) I have a difficult time with someone coming to a site named Tokyo Adult Guide, but trying to avoid adult themed threads and posts.

3) Happening Bars, are bars.

The request appears for the odd purpose to discriminate specifically against a type of bar/club or shows ignorance about the multitudes of adult theme bars and clubs in Tokyo.

Can you stop trolling and attacking me specifically? Focus on something else.

That category has many other threads related to adult theme clubs and bars to look at.
I didn't mean anything personal. Just found it funny to have two totally different subjects mixed up in one category. I like your HB posts :)

It's actually more "I'm looking for Solong's adventures and end up reading about some yakitori place"

Last edited:
2) I have a difficult time with someone coming to a site named Tokyo Adult Guide, but trying to avoid adult themed threads and posts.

3) Happening Bars, are bars.

The request appears for the odd purpose to discriminate specifically against a type of bar/club or shows ignorance about the multitudes of adult theme bars and clubs in Tokyo.
I don't think anyone is trying to avoid adult-themed posts. The idea is to have some clarity and not mix adult-themed and non-adult-themed topics. Anyway not a big deal for me either way.

Last edited:
I didn't mean anything personal. Just found it funny to have two totally different subjects mixed up in one category. I like your HB posts :)

It's actually more "I'm looking for Solong's adventures and end up reading about some yakitori place"
Well that's good to know. I understand now the perspective that you are coming from, but personally perceive TAG as meaning adult-themed in general. So not surprised or expect whatever bar or club is posted about, would usually have some "kinky" angle associated with it.

Well that's good to know. I understand now the perspective that you are coming from, but personally perceive TAG as meaning adult-themed in general. So not surprised or expect whatever bar or club is posted about, would usually have some "kinky" angle associated with it.

This is not my assumption as a user (putting aside my Mod hat here).

There's two big sections outside of the Review sections: "TAG Japan Living Resources & Discussion" and "TAG Adult Discussions (18+)". The "Restaurants, Clubs, and Bars" section does NOT have an (18+) label next to it, nor does the "TAG Japan Living Resources & Discussion" section that it is part of.

As far as I've seen, Happening Bar reviews are there because at this point there hasn't been a more logical place to put them.

Status
Not open for further replies.