Guest viewing is limited

Setting up dates using Paddy in Tokyo/Osaka

BigPrickRick

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planning to go on a 2 week vacation to Japan and want to try to line up some adult dates with girls in Tokyo and Osaka. I speak Japanese conversationally (lived there a year, have N2) but am obviously a white guy and my speaking is kinda rusty. I previously used sugardaddy.jp when I lived there with mixed success. I downloaded "Paddy" and it seems to have a ton of girls on there but not entirely sure how the app works or what is on offer. Basically, I want to meet girls to have a meal or tea or something so I can chat for a bit with them to see if I'm attracted to them and practice a little Japanese before going to a hotel. I'm mostly interested in late teens early 20s aged girls (I'm 20's myself). I've read up on this forum about what people are doing but would appreciate any advice you all can give me. Do I just message spam every cute girl around Shinjuku with the japanese equivalent of "Hi you're cute do you want to go on a hoteru date" or is there some etiquette to it? Should I message girls a week or two in advance or just wait until the day of? How open are girls to a foreigner who is only in the country for a couple weeks?
Thanks!

Try a deai cafe like Kirari or Momo.
You would get to see a woman through a window, read a brief intro she writes, then get 5 minutes to talk to her.
It's a gamble and depends on timing... Can wait for 5 minutes... sometimes hour... maybe walk away alone.

but dating apps are a gamble also and probably takes up more time to keep up with.

Hi,
I'm planning to go on a 2 week vacation to Japan and want to try to line up some adult dates with girls in Tokyo and Osaka. I speak Japanese conversationally (lived there a year, have N2) but am obviously a white guy and my speaking is kinda rusty. I previously used sugardaddy.jp when I lived there with mixed success. I downloaded "Paddy" and it seems to have a ton of girls on there but not entirely sure how the app works or what is on offer. Basically, I want to meet girls to have a meal or tea or something so I can chat for a bit with them to see if I'm attracted to them and practice a little Japanese before going to a hotel. I'm mostly interested in late teens early 20s aged girls (I'm 20's myself). I've read up on this forum about what people are doing but would appreciate any advice you all can give me. Do I just message spam every cute girl around Shinjuku with the japanese equivalent of "Hi you're cute do you want to go on a hoteru date" or is there some etiquette to it? Should I message girls a week or two in advance or just wait until the day of? How open are girls to a foreigner who is only in the country for a couple weeks?
Thanks!
Stating your intentions upfront is usually the best option, but if you are only visiting for 2 weeks, isn’t better to use deai as suggested? Seems like a waste of money to join Paddy or other online dating apps unless it’s Pairs or Omiai. Paddy was a little more hit or miss. Lots of photoshopping and scams. It was easy to spend a lot of money on the app if the system is the same.