Shinjuku sekukyaba recommendations?

Combat

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've been going to the usual handful of foreigner-friendly sekukyabas in Ikebukuro for a long time and am starting to get bored. Anyone have any recommendations for foreigner-friendly places in Shinjuku? I tried searching but a lot of mentioned places have either closed or are not foreigner-friendly. Curious if there are any up to date recommendations.

Related question: are there any other foreigner-friendly sekukyabas out there with private VIP rooms? The only one I know of is Kurenai in Ikebukuro.

How was your experience in the ones in Ikebukero? Mind sharing a bit? I am interested to check one out.

A favorite of mine worked at S-Galaxy for a while. AFAIK they don't have any issues with japanese-speaking foreigners.

Reactions: Alice
How was your experience in the ones in Ikebukero? Mind sharing a bit? I am interested to check one out.
I've been to four shops: Miss Campus, Campus Night, Chocolat Kiss and Kurenai.

The first three are all similar to each other except for minor privacy and price differences. Chocolat was remodeled a couple years ago and is the most private and nicest in my opinion. I stopped going to Miss Campus a couple years ago because staff started getting nervous whenever I went in and seemed like they were trying to find excuses not to let me in despite the fact that I had been a repeat customer for years. Not sure what that was about but it kind of sussed me out so I stopped going.

Kurenai is different- there's lie-down booths and there's also an optional VIP room for extra where more things can happen. The girls are also dressed in kimonos here. The trade off is that the quality of the girls at Kurenai is a lot lower on average. My experiences there have ranged from okay to flat out terrible.

One problem I've noticed recently which I'm not sure if its a Corona thing or if its just cause I'm getting bored is that a lot of shops have significantly less talent and less attractive girls. As a result I feel that the stores are depending on their one or two top ranked girls more than ever these days. Chocolat in particular has basically been carried by their #1 girl (Sarina) for the past two years. Maybe things were always like this and I'm just now noticing, or maybe not.

A favorite of mine worked at S-Galaxy for a while. AFAIK they don't have any issues with japanese-speaking foreigners.

How is the privacy?

Last edited:
I had a pretty good record actually making friends with one of the 無料案内 places. That dude gave me his card, every time I go for sekkukyaba I go to him. Every place I've been has been great quality girls. For shinjuku if your ability is good enough, worth a try.

I've been to four shops: Miss Campus, Campus Night, Chocolat Kiss and Kurenai.

The first three are all similar to each other except for minor privacy and price differences. Chocolat was remodeled a couple years ago and is the most private and nicest in my opinion. I stopped going to Miss Campus a couple years ago because staff started getting nervous whenever I went in and seemed like they were trying to find excuses not to let me in despite the fact that I had been a repeat customer for years. Not sure what that was about but it kind of sussed me out so I stopped going.

Kurenai is different- there's lie-down booths and there's also an optional VIP room for extra where more things can happen. The girls are also dressed in kimonos here. The trade off is that the quality of the girls at Kurenai is a lot lower on average. My experiences there have ranged from okay to flat out terrible.

One problem I've noticed recently which I'm not sure if its a Corona thing or if its just cause I'm getting bored is that a lot of shops have significantly less talent and less attractive girls. As a result I feel that the stores are depending on their one or two top ranked girls more than ever these days. Chocolat in particular has basically been carried by their #1 girl (Sarina) for the past two years. Maybe things were always like this and I'm just now noticing, or maybe not.

How is the privacy?
They are ok with foreigner? Or u have to speak little Japanese?

Danbo is spot on. The point to a cabaret club is to talk and flirt with the girl. They're not going to pull out Google translate for you and it's not going to be a great experience for either of you. You likely won't get invited to any VIP rooms either.

Reactions: Secretmugen
Danbo is spot on. The point to a cabaret club is to talk and flirt with the girl. They're not going to pull out Google translate for you and it's not going to be a great experience for either of you. You likely won't get invited to any VIP rooms either.
This exactly. I speak conversational Japanese and didn't use my phone app once during any of my sekukyaba visits. The tenchos of at least two shops quizzed me/checked with me in Japanese multiple times to make sure I understood the rules. I'd be surprised if anyone unable to speak with them in full sentences in Japanese would be let in, judging from the shops I've visited.

This exactly. I speak conversational Japanese and didn't use my phone app once during any of my sekukyaba visits. The tenchos of at least two shops quizzed me/checked with me in Japanese multiple times to make sure I understood the rules. I'd be surprised if anyone unable to speak with them in full sentences in Japanese would be let in, judging from the shops I've visited.
How long have you been learning Japanese? I now know a bit conversational terms and flirting lol

So are there any good sekikyabura in Shinjuku. Asking for a friend. Not a friend. Me. I might be at a loose end later and I've never tried one and if I'm still standing I wouldn't mind trying one...

How long have you been learning Japanese? I now know a bit conversational terms and flirting lol
I've been bad about consistently studying, but I lived in Japan in my youth for a few years, then studied abroad. I go back every few years for roughly a month or so and nothing gets you further in language learning than full immersion. I'm hoping that actually living here long-term and applying myself to a language school will finally beat the language into my ADHD-riddled brain for good. 🤣

If you want an exact time estimate...probably 5-7+ years of experience and that's been almost completely focused on speaking and listening comprehension. My reading/writing is still not great.

So are there any good sekikyabura in Shinjuku. Asking for a friend. Not a friend. Me. I might be at a loose end later and I've never tried one and if I'm still standing I wouldn't mind trying one...
The best ones I went to were all in Ikebukuro, if I'm being completely honest. The Kabukicho ones are mediocre and overpriced at best, in my opinion.

Reactions: Tabanico
I've been bad about consistently studying, but I lived in Japan in my youth for a few years, then studied abroad. I go back every few years for roughly a month or so and nothing gets you further in language learning than full immersion. I'm hoping that actually living here long-term and applying myself to a language school will finally beat the language into my ADHD-riddled brain for good. 🤣

If you want an exact time estimate...probably 5-7+ years of experience and that's been almost completely focused on speaking and listening comprehension. My reading/writing is still not great.
Ahhh you are lucky!! Lol. Will you be in Japan next month? I need someone to go with lol

Ahhh you are lucky!! Lol. Will you be in Japan next month? I need someone to go with lol
Sekukyaba aren't really my thing to be honest (I'd rather pay an extra man yen than walk home blue-balled at the end of the night), but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about them in this thread to the best of my ability. I also prefer to fly solo in my p4p adventures for now, sorry.

Sekukyaba aren't really my thing to be honest (I'd rather pay an extra man yen than walk home blue-balled at the end of the night), but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about them in this thread to the best of my ability. I also prefer to fly solo in my p4p adventures for now, sorry.
Thanks

The best ones I went to were all in Ikebukuro, if I'm being completely honest. The Kabukicho ones are mediocre and overpriced at best, in my opinion.
In recent days I only have been to my goto places in Ikebukuro out of convenience, but I don't agree. There are/were good ones in Kabukicho as well. Maybe they don't have constant events with discounts for "free" customers but had good times there as well.
......maybe Corona killed them all 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Secretmugen
In recent days I only have been to my goto places in Ikebukuro out of convenience, but I don't agree. There are/were good ones in Kabukicho as well. Maybe they don't have constant events with discounts for "free" customers but had good times there as well.
......maybe Corona killed them all 🤣
Potentially, I went to a few in Kabukicho back during my June trip and only one of them had girls I really vibed with, but it was very expensive and lacked privacy. Name started with "Super", but I'm blanking on the whole title.

Potentially, I went to a few in Kabukicho back during my June trip and only one of them had girls I really vibed with, but it was very expensive and lacked privacy. Name started with "Super", but I'm blanking on the whole title.
"Super Angel" 😉
Whenever I had to waste time I went to Cinnamon which was exactly the same like the Campus group shops in Ikebukuro. Was closed during Corona but the signs are still up after all this time.
There was another basement shop I went to quite often, more spacious layout and Japanese design....but I forgot the name and can't find it anymore. Probably also dead.

...today's talk about Sekukyabas didn't help.

The soap session I had today was a complete failure, a Sekukyaba girl sent me LINE messages today, so I couldn't resist...... yeah, I am back in Ikebukuro buried in breasts paying too much dough for blue balls. Still worth it 😅🍺

Stop tempting!
I want to go again to Kurenai, last time the second girl i met directly started the conversation with "Im so drunk lol" and procceeded to mock me for going to that shop. At the end, she even had the audacity to say "Remember my name and shimei me the next time!!" lol
I want to try the VIP room next time

• Haha
"Super Angel" 😉
Whenever I had to waste time I went to Cinnamon which was exactly the same like the Campus group shops in Ikebukuro. Was closed during Corona but the signs are still up after all this time.
There was another basement shop I went to quite often, more spacious layout and Japanese design....but I forgot the name and can't find it anymore. Probably also dead.
I think I know the one you're talking about. Small booths with low walls on the floor (no chairs), lady with a kimono on their store sign? I tried it out back during my June visit.

I think I know the one you're talking about. Small booths with low walls on the floor (no chairs), lady with a kimono on their store sign? I tried it out back during my June visit.
Nope, not exactly. It was 2BF or something, quite spacious, well lit with orange/red sofas next to the tables in the main room, no booths but everything with seats. There was also a secondary room with smaller seating groups. You had to store away your shoes at the entrance, sign was just kanji, no image.

Maybe I am just delusional..........I think I should go on a late night walk and check out what opened up at its old location 🤣

Stop tempting!
I want to go again to Kurenai, last time the second girl i met directly started the conversation with "Im so drunk lol" and procceeded to mock me for going to that shop. At the end, she even had the audacity to say "Remember my name and shimei me the next time!!" lol
I want to try the VIP room next time
Only went to Kurenai once, liked the layout but the girls just were not to my taste....maybe just bad luck? I should give them another shot one day.

I always end up at Gakuensai. The shop is too tiny for anything funky going on, but I always stumble into girls that know how to drive me nuts. Today I also spent the equal of a soapland visit on drinks and boobs...and i regret nothing🤣

Only went to Kurenai once, liked the layout but the girls just were not to my taste....maybe just bad luck? I should give them another shot one day.

I always end up at Gakuensai. The shop is too tiny for anything funky going on, but I always stumble into girls that know how to drive me nuts. Today I also spent the equal of a soapland visit on drinks and boobs...and i regret nothing🤣
Didnt try other sekukyabas apart from Kurenai, i really like the layout and the chill ambient and i seem to be consistently getting 1 girl who goes all-in on action and 1 girl who goes all-in on conversation only so i get both things and its a pretty good balance
Also want to try Miss Campus.
Lately i have been going to DevilCraft too so i may combo DevilCraft with sekukyaba sometime soon 🤣