Cost of Room?
8500 - short stay

Check-In Service:
Walk-In Kiosk/Reception Counter

Number of Persons:
2P

Review Narrative:
Yushima Gyoen

I saw this hotel while taking a random walk around the area. It was next to a small shrine, in the middle of a neighborhood. I don't really understand why they open a love hotel in this area. If anyone know the background please share in the comment.

The reception kiosk was old school. I couldn't take a the picture of it but instead of a touch panel, they have real physical button for each room with the printed out picture of the room hanging in front of it. It was quirky , old, dampy , very Showa like with its own charms. Some of the younger lady might like it. Once I push the button the buzz will ring and the old lady will appear behind the reception. She looks as old as the building itself.

The interior also has a similar vibe of an old run down clean ryokan/japanese castle, dimly lit corridor , small elevator.

Once we entered the room, we were greeted by this object on the wall
1684455055493.png

There are mirrors on the opposite wall of this. My lady is quick to point out that it was for SM, and we actually use it during our stay.

1684455251469.png

The bed is big and comfortable. It was placed on a low platform over tatami mats.

1684455316228.png

Bed from another angle.

The bath room is really big , with jagucci
1684455497521.png

and two showers, which is really nice. We could take shower separately to save time.
1684455409773.png

All in all I quite like the place. The location is odd. It is about 10 - 15 minutes walk from various stations and area. Maybe that's the selling point?
I would likely to go back there again to try other rooms.

1684456071951.png

Final Rating:
★★★★ (4 Stars)

1684455055493.png1684455251469.png1684455316228.png1684455409773.png1684455497521.png

Last edited:
That hotel is one of a few nice hotels in the area. I have been there about 5 times with the same old Japanese client each time.
We always met up at Kanda station and took a taxi to go to the hotel so I actually didn’t know their nearest station is suehirocho. I like modern Japanese room, something like pasha in kabukicho #408. It is not as sophisticated as pasha of course but I like their more traditional Japanese rooms, too.
One thing that bothered me was a wide but so thin aquarium in some of their rooms. It is a nice decoration but I feel sorry for those cute tiny fish. They should put them in a bigger aquarium so that they can swim more freely.

By they way, there is another Linden hotel close enough to this hotel but it is nothing like linden Ikebukuro. The hotel is old and kind of small yet not so reasonable, either. I would not recommend. In Yushima area, my first choice is pasha gran. If they are full, I would choose hotel united.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing Manami san. We just happened to be around the area that night. I have always been curious about this LH. I am glad I gave it a try.

One thing that bothered me was a wide but so thin aquarium in some of their rooms. It is a nice decoration but I feel sorry for those cute tiny fish. They should put them in a bigger aquarium so that they can swim more freely.
Luckily we didn't get that room. We would feel the same.

By they way, there is another Linden hotel close enough to this hotel but it is nothing like linden Ikebukuro.
We noticed on the way out that Linden hotel is closed. Not sure if it is permanently closed or just closed on that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manami TMK