Site to search for foreigner friendly shops

Nikkei Guy

TAG Member
Reaction score
I found that this site has an option for you to search for foreigner friendly shops. The site is purelovers.com. Here is a link that shows there are 39 shops in Shinjuku that are foreigner friendly. 299 shops in Kanto area that are foreigner friendly.

https://www.purelovers.com/kanto/shoplist/al1302&fg1.html

The site is in Japanese, but there is a mark in English that identifies the shop as ok. I assume each shop is different as to what level of Japanese is required. For those that can read Japanese, you can use the search function for different areas and types of shops. On the main page go to 「こだわりから探す」. From there you can choose 外国人対応 as an option.

I have not tried any of the shops that claim foreigner ok but should be a good start for some of you. A lot of places that probably have never been reviewed.

I wonder if that mark is more to let Japanese guys know to avoid that place if they're not comfortable with foreigners. ;-)

Anyway, now I have to add another item to the list of places I want to go, but probably never will.

"Underwear thief invasion obscene club Shinjuku Department"

Question. When you go to the link on your mobile phone does it keep it in HTML or does it go into a different format? As mine takes it out of HTML as soon as I click on any of the links on the site and put it into plain text.

Question. When you go to the link on your mobile phone does it keep it in HTML or does it go into a different format? As mine takes it out of HTML as soon as I click on any of the links on the site and put it into plain text.

Mine stays as a webpage when I click on some random things in there. I clicked on one of the shops displayed and it worked just fine.

Mine stays as a webpage when I click on some random things in there. I clicked on one of the shops displayed and it worked just fine.
Maybe something to do with my settings. Are you using Google Chrome or Safari? Thanks.