Guest viewing is limited

Smoking at Bliss out

Andyhk

British man in Tokyo
Reaction score
Back to regular work trips Tokyo after 4 covid enforced years away, I am thinking of popping to see the new bliss out at through time today ( can’t find my card so have to rejoin, but that’s fine). Has anyone been to new location ? Is smoking still allowed? Still as welcoming to single foreigners as always? ( I always found the staff great). Many thanks

Back to regular work trips Tokyo after 4 covid enforced years away, I am thinking of popping to see the new bliss out at through time today ( can’t find my card so have to rejoin, but that’s fine). Has anyone been to new location ? Is smoking still allowed? Still as welcoming to single foreigners as always? ( I always found the staff great). Many thanks
Admission info is here: http://www.bliss-out.jp/system_english.html (Yes, single men can enter for the higher fees.)
I don't know about the smoking part, I've never been to the new location... someone else will have to answer that part.

Thank you! Just checked they close at 7 today, so will look for something else to occupy me tonight.

Even if possible, smoking is a big detractor from having any success at a hap bar imho. I have observed many guys getting passed up for that reason anyway. Of course if you pack your own lunch it’s no issue. 😉

Reactions: Cinnabums
Thanks Charlie. I had some success there in past with ladies who also smoked. Will spend the afternoon smoking in a whisky bar in ginza , all alone but nicotine happy haha.

Out of interest anyone know any other single man friendly happening bars? I recall bliss was only one really.

Thank you! Just checked they close at 7 today, so will look for something else to occupy me tonight.
Where does it say it closes at 7pm? I'd read the hours more closely.
Today is Wednesday, so closing time is midnight.

Where does it say it closes at 7pm? I'd read the hours more closely.
Today is Wednesday, so closing time is midnight.
There was a Cafe time that said closed 7.00 pm maybe thats what he was going for.

I looked on the bbs forum. Said staff problem. Tempted to go Check haha. Anyone up for a night out haha?

Out of interest anyone know any other single man friendly happening bars? I recall bliss was only one really.
All happening bars are in principle single man friendly, and they make the most money out of single men.
Couple Kissa are not single men friendly.

Also Japanese health insurance and fluent Japanese are required in most happening bars other than bliss out. Bliss is the easiest for foreigners

Reactions: Cinnabums and Gina
Paper tobaccos are prohibited inside the venue. But you can smoke outside the venue. If they want to smoke them, they will go to the emergency stairs outside. Going back to the venue, you can call a staff by ringing a doorbell.
E-cigarettes can be smoked in the lounge area.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ddddd
Bliss Out says it was temporary closure today.
Yes, that's what I was told later -- I didn't look at the BBS page.
I was just referring to the standard hours.

Paper tobaccos are prohibited inside the venue. But you can smoke outside the venue. If they want to smoke them, they will go to the emergency stairs outside. Going back to the venue, you can call a staff by ringing a doorbell.
E-cigarettes can be smoked in the lounge area.
Hope this helps.

That's nice to hear! For many women (and men, also), going to a tobacco sauna is a big nono.

Reactions: Gina
going to a tobacco sauna is a big nono.
Staying a tobacco sauna is a trigger to bronchitis, to make hair, clothes and lingeries smoked. Personally, I can't accept that because I'm suffering from asthma.

Reactions: Ddddd