Guest viewing is limited

Sms Game (line)

silencio

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to check on your experience with the texting game, AFTER you got a number face to face.

I usually try to get as soon as possible to the Date, as I am not very good with building rapport etc. over SMS.
However it can be a great tool sometimes to "set the mood" or to hint.

They don`t flake on me but I surely have experienced it a few times that the contact broke of after a few messages, before and after the first meet ;).
Of course if its after the first "date" it is clear why but not always, when in the beginning her invest was rather high. From my experience you have to close the deal as soon as possible, if she is to busy to make an appointment with you in one week it is the best to drop her.

Try again after some time, worked wonders for me but only if I went straight to the meeting.
It happens to me also that I invest to much, without even realizing, well then it is mostly to late.
This isn`t something personal all the time, as some girls like to play a couple of guys till they found their "right" one, but worth a little discussion I believe.

Post your personal solutions and texting keep alivers. I know that Solong posted something similar already, about keeping her warm with some messages about recent topics etc. But such approaches don`t work for me.
Possible that they are just played wrong by my side.

Have fun

Reactions: Solong
They have SMS conversation starters on the Internet. If your mind goes blank, you can look over some and choose one.

HOWEVER, in Japan, keep it SIMPLE and brief. Many Japanese women aren't good at English. Even if you are messaging in Japanese, huge e-mail ping pong can annoy some women. Such women will quietly and sneakily block you, and in LINE, it may take a while to realize this.

http://blogjeez.blogspot.jp/2011/05/flirty-text-messages.html?m=1

(SMS Conversation (Flirty) Starters)

One site of many. And yeah, many of them are chessy as hell, but may spark an idea.

Quote- "From my experience you have to close the deal as soon as possible, if she is to busy to make an appointment with you in one week it is the best to drop her..."

I give them the benefit of the doubt and give them 2 weeks. But momentum, enthusiasm, and passion are VERY important. When women put you off, they are often showing they are cold, juggling other guys, or are not that enthusiastic about you.

Last edited:
I would also like to add, that if you can't make the date this week, wait a few days or until like Monday or Tuesday of next week and offer days that week.

Example:

You: Meeting this Thursday or Saturday is good, or could you suggest a day?

Her 1: Sorry, but have an exam/presentation/meeting lesbian girlfriends this week.

Her 2: Can't do this week, so how about next Wednesday? (still shows some interest, she's good).

You to Her 1: Totally understand, so can you suggest a good day?

Her 1: Let me think about it/check my schedule and I will tell you later/next week.

Note- This is still viable. You wait a few days, send some ping e-mails that are playful, then ask again if she hasn't given you a day.

You to Her 1 (next week Tuesday): Hi. Checking my schedule for this week, how about we meet Thursday or Friday? Which day do you prefer, or would you like to suggest a different day?

Her 1 (good response): Friday will be good :)/ Can't do either Thursday or Friday, but can meet you Sunday. Is Sunday OK for you?

Note- Shows she is still interested and wants to meet.

Her 1 (bad response): Sorry, this week I'm so busy too/Oh, I'm so sick today (and avoiding answering)/ no answer for days.

In this scenario, you trapped the woman into exposing herself and her enthusiasm for meeting you. You gave multiple options and she rejected them all, in the 2 week period. She shows no signs of giving counter offers or wanting to meet. DUMP her and delete her contact. You can even send a "F" you, if you want, because it's over.

Reactions: silencio
don't waste too much time on keeping texts alive. if a woman is keen, she will arrange to meet. if she's not, no amount of suggesting possible days to meet or trying to get her to propose a day to meet will work. erase her from your line and move on. most women get it. a few don't.
i think it's funny when some woman sees me at a bar and says, "hey, long time no see!" and i reply with, "who are you?"
she says, "don't you remember, we met at such-and-such a place and exchanged line!"
then i say, "oh yeah, you totally flaked out, and couldn't agree a day to meet, so i just forgot about you."
then you walk away and talk to some one else.

don't waste too much time on keeping texts alive. if a woman is keen, she will arrange to meet. if she's not, no amount of suggesting possible days to meet or trying to get her to propose a day to meet will work. erase her from your line and move on. most women get it. a few don't.
i think it's funny when some woman sees me at a bar and says, "hey, long time no see!" and i reply with, "who are you?"
she says, "don't you remember, we met at such-and-such a place and exchanged line!"
then i say, "oh yeah, you totally flaked out, and couldn't agree a day to meet, so i just forgot about you."
then you walk away and talk to some one else.

I disagree, to a certain extent. I'm just saying to give her 2 weeks. After that, I totally agree with you, that it's often best to cut her off. However, we have to keep in mind, that we can't expect all women to immediately meet you. And sometimes it's not the woman, but my schedule, which is completely booked for that week with several dates. There have been many times where I didn't meet women that 1st week, but the week after, and we had a fantastic time on the date, to include sex. 2 weeks or 3 strikes on asking her out in e-mail/SMS, through years of history and talks with other guys, seems to be the limit and shows if the woman is interested or not.

Options

Unlike many Western women, many Japanese women don't know to make counter or alternative offers. If you say, "Let's meet Friday.", such women will come back they can't and then that's it/go silent. Japanese women tend to leave it up to the man to lead the conversation or decide. You, the guy, might mistakenly think she rejected you and doesn't like you, when it really can be that she couldn't meet you that day or week. Western women will usually understand the situation, and be like, "Can't meet you Friday, but how about Sunday or how about next week?" Western women often know that they should SHOW they are still interested, just can't meet that day.

With Japanese women, better that you give an option of days or ask her when would be a good day. That's where most Japanese women, if they have an actual interest in you, will "get it". They will choose one of the days or tell you a day. If it's a day next week, then fine. Suspect, but you can give her the benefit of the doubt (inside of 2 weeks). And if you doubt her, then double stack her meeting day, by setting up a date with another woman on the same day.

Another fantastic trick about options, is that you force women who aren't really interested in you to EXPOSE themselves. If you tell her 2 possible days or pick a day, and she doesn't, now you KNOW something is wrong with this picture. If she comes back with some WHACK reply, like, "Oh, I'm so busy busy, let's meet NEXT MONTH (like 3 to 5 weeks later)." or "I'm so so busy (with other guys) I will let you know later/next week." Now you know this isn't going well and gives you a strong indicator that she's a possible attention whore or to CUT her off.