So Bummed

Joshusan

Highly Functioning Pervert
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been in Tokyo for a week now after waiting 2 years to get over here. Because I intend to stay on permanently I haven't gone on a rooting rampage and I only book a girl once a week.

I read elsewhere a review of Cocomero in Ikebukuro so I thought I'd be able to make a booking with the one in Shinjuku. I exchanged a few pleasantries with the guy on the phone, then he rattles off a sentence really quickly, something about gaikokujin. Then I say "you mean gaikokujin can't make bookings" and get an abrupt "hai". You died.

Has anyone had any success with this shop? I really want to get in, they have some incredibly sexy women there - I'm a big tiddy sort of bloke. What's the plan of attack? Do I get up in my best gear and make a frontal assault directly to the shop in that kabukicho basement?

Anyway, so happy to be here finally, love this place.

Cheers,

Josh

Reactions: ianli0928 and zifix
You haven't gone on a rooting rampage ... haha! I found the Aussie!

Seriously though Cocomero has been on my bucket list for a while for the same reasons and I read a review of it many years ago that was allegedly written by a foreigner. It just seems exactly like the kind of place foreigners would never be able to get into though. They have a sister shop in Meguro called Alice Marion that supposedly does allow foreigners but I've never tried. I think your best plan of attack is to dress nice and just rock up at either shop in Shinjuku or Ikebukuro and see what happens. You'll work out pretty quick if it's a no and whether you even had any chance in the first place.

Reactions: Joshusan
I have been in Cocomero as a foreigner. I do look Asian though, and speak relatively fluent Japanese. I went in on a weekday in the afternoon, and was given a choice of 2 girls. I would say going for a frontal assault might be a better idea. Good luck man !

Reactions: Alice and Joshusan
Things might work out if you visit the premises, but unless there's some reason that you absolutely have to try this shop, take no for an answer. Be glad that you're in Tokyo and you have so much to choose from. If you haven't gotten turned down yet at a shop, congratulations! But be aware that you will, and just treat it like missing a train. Get over it and find another one. It might work out better than you expect.

Thanks for your replies. One girl in particular I was looking at there is Sumire who has k cups, but I noticed by yesterday afternoon she was already booked out for the whole week...which means I have a snowball's chance in hell of ever seeing her

I will try the frontal assault tactic, but I'm gonna give it a shot in a few more months. I want to do a bit more damage around town first, because if I walk in there with a loaded cannon and they ask me what I know about sex and travel, it's gonna take the wind out of my sails a bit. I'm not the sort of a*hole who would cause a scene and further ruin our gaijin image in any case.

Reactions: Alice
The one in Ikebukuro accepts foreigners, as long as you can speak Japanese.
You just gave me an idea. I could go to the ikebukuro one and get a membership card. Next, I can make an online booking at the shinjuku store and then when the dude does the confirmation call, learns that I'm a foreigner, prepares to serve me disappointment with miso soup and 3 side dishes, I play the membership card.

This is called turning Japan's bureaucracy against itself

I read elsewhere a review of Cocomero in Ikebukuro so I thought I'd be able to make a booking with the one in Shinjuku. I exchanged a few pleasantries with the guy on the phone, then he rattles off a sentence really quickly, something about gaikokujin. Then I say "you mean gaikokujin can't make bookings" and get an abrupt "hai". You died.
Two things....

1) Are you sure he didn't mean foreigners can't book over the phone? That's fairly common, a lot of shops want to get a look at you first - and they'll often be fine with you booking by phone if you're a repeat.

2) If you couldn't catch what he was saying during that sentence, is your Japanese a little weak? Many shops that are nominally OK with foreign customers still have high linguistic expectations.

You just gave me an idea. I could go to the ikebukuro one and get a membership card. Next, I can make an online booking at the shinjuku store and then when the dude does the confirmation call, learns that I'm a foreigner, prepares to serve me disappointment with miso soup and 3 side dishes, I play the membership card.

This is called turning Japan's bureaucracy against itself
You ate paint chips as a kid, didn't you?

Two things....

1) Are you sure he didn't mean foreigners can't book over the phone? That's fairly common, a lot of shops want to get a look at you first - and they'll often be fine with you booking by phone if you're a repeat.

2) If you couldn't catch what he was saying during that sentence, is your Japanese a little weak? Many shops that are nominally OK with foreign customers still have high linguistic expectations.
1) possibly, but his tone came across as abrupt and a little rude, so it seemed to me more likely he was giving me the flick.

2) I don't know how to answer that, I generally understand most things people say to me and I'm fluent in the sense that I can speak constantly without pause, but I still don't express myself as an ordinary Japanese person would.

As for paint chips, I must confess I haven't tried them. What are they like? Did you eat them with salt and pepper or just as they are?

• Haha
1) possibly, but his tone came across as abrupt and a little rude, so it seemed to me more likely he was giving me the flick.

2) I don't know how to answer that, I generally understand most things people say to me and I'm fluent in the sense that I can speak constantly without pause, but I still don't express myself as an ordinary Japanese person would.

Might want to try just heading down to the shop in that case.

As for paint chips, I must confess I haven't tried them. What are they like? Did you eat them with salt and pepper or just as they are?
You might have been joking, but around here, the number of fools that present schemes like that and are actually serious about them is.... staggeringly high.

upload_2022-7-26_9-32-1.png

You might have been joking, but around here, the number of fools that present schemes like that and are actually serious about them is.... staggeringly high.
...but I was serious. Think about it, if you've got a membership card, you've used their service before. You've also proven that you're not so creepy that they've refused to issue you a membership card. How could it fail?

Anyway, I always appreciate that people have taken time out of their day to read my posts and also make comments. However, I'm all about obtaining results. I'm less interested in "why did this fail?" And more interested in "how can this succeed?"

I've done the hard yards. I'm not one of those expats who've come over here with no intention of learning the language or culture and expect to wave money around and make magic happen. I've studied the language since my teenage years and instead of moving straight to Asia after graduating uni, I worked my ass off for 12 years to build a passive income to support me here. I've had a lot of fun holidays along the way though.

Somewhat off topic, I've realised lately that Twitter is an awesome resource for meeting working ladies in Tokyo. There are soooo many advertising themselves there. Has anyone made use of this?

Somewhat off topic, I've realised lately that Twitter is an awesome resource for meeting working ladies in Tokyo. There are soooo many advertising themselves there. Has anyone made use of this?
A lot of scammers in my experience but maybe it's just my bad luck.

Yes but was disappointed. Older than advertised. Probably avoid anyone advertising and creating content only in english.

Hi everyone,

I've been in Tokyo for a week now after waiting 2 years to get over here. Because I intend to stay on permanently I haven't gone on a rooting rampage and I only book a girl once a week.

Has anyone had any success with this shop? I really want to get in, they have some incredibly sexy women there - I'm a big tiddy sort of bloke. What's the plan of attack? Do I get up in my best gear and make a frontal assault directly to the shop in that kabukicho basement?

Cheers,

Josh
Hey, might be a bit late, but I've been to both Alice Mario and Cocomero, I am a non Asian looking foreigner
Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Josh
I went to both cocomero and sister shop Alice Marion, to cocomero I made an appointment by message through their website system and never said I was foreigner. The girl I booked was way yoo different from the pictures by like a lot, went from skinny yo big. So I would caution anyone going to cocomero since big boobs usually come with big bodies. The girl did said that in the Shinjuku store she service a lot of foreigners too. At Alice marion they accept gaijins, just speak some Japanese if you can. I don't know what happens if you can't speak Japanese at all.

Reactions: Alice and Joshusan
Hey, might be a bit late, but I've been to both Alice Mario and Cocomero, I am a non Asian looking foreigner

I went to both cocomero and sister shop Alice Marion, to cocomero I made an appointment by message through their website system and never said I was foreigner. The girl I booked was way yoo different from the pictures by like a lot, went from skinny yo big. So I would caution anyone going to cocomero since big boobs usually come with big bodies. The girl did said that in the Shinjuku store she service a lot of foreigners too. At Alice marion they accept gaijins, just speak some Japanese if you can. I don't know what happens if you can't speak Japanese at all.
That's excellent news! Maybe the management have fallen on hard times and realised that foreigners' coin is worth exactly the same as the natives'. In any case, I'm saving all my beans for a 9 day rampage in Osaka next month, so I can't try my luck at Cocomero for a while.

Maybe the management have fallen on hard times and realised that foreigners' coin is worth exactly the same as the natives'.

Next peace in the Middle East.

• Haha
Reactions: Joshusan
Hey tell us about your experience at Alice Marion! I’ve always been interested to know what goes down at the supposed number one health in Tokyo and if it’s worth the extra cash over Seafari haha

Reactions: MikeH and Cinnabums
Will he bring tamales?
Better have his fuckin hedge trimmers if he know's what's good for him. I got a hammer and nails as a reminder....

Last edited: