So, how are YOU going to celebrate Japan re-opening to International Tourism???

Probably just after July as far as any announcement is concerned. There’s an Upper House ( House of Councillors ) election that’s going to be held sometime in July. And, for that reason, no politician in their right mind will propose incurring the wrath of voters by allowing the premature ejaculation of filthy potentially-contaminated foreigners into the freshly-douched vagina that is Japan…

I guess I got the dates a little off but that's essentially what we're being told here. The announcement is expected shortly after the elections. Trust me, this shit is going to be fucking ugly. Take it from a re-opening veteran here.

Interestingly, nothing will change for me, other than being the foreigner living here that will be visibly pissed when that horde you speak of rolls into Ginza, to boast loudly in the street about buying things they can't afford, oink their way into trendy ramen shops/sushi joints, monkey their way into trains, and be exasperating in just about every way humanely/inhumanely possible.

But yeah...I will still visit soaps, pink salons, and do deriheru as I have thus far, although I am certain now some Indian/Bangladeshi idiots like my cousins who do not bother to familiarize with the culture will abuse some of the No. 1 girls open to foreigners and cause said shops to ban brown skin. Sigh...

oink their way into trendy ramen shops/sushi joints
I chuckled out loud at this one...

Interesting day today - I was out in a open, non-crowded area with no mask while every single other person in the vicinity was masked up. (cool breeze, beautiful day)
I couldn't tell if I was getting the death look or the look of envy from people I passed by. I do wonder what the mask situation will be when tourists do arrive.
For awhile now, I typically don't wear a mask when I'm driving :rolleyes: or out in open spaces where there's not much of a crowd.

Interestingly, nothing will change for me, other than being the foreigner living here that will be visibly pissed when that horde you speak of rolls into Ginza, to boast loudly in the street about buying things they can't afford, oink their way into trendy ramen shops/sushi joints, monkey their way into trains, and be exasperating in just about every way humanely/inhumanely possible.

But yeah...I will still visit soaps, pink salons, and do deriheru as I have thus far, although I am certain now some Indian/Bangladeshi idiots like my cousins who do not bother to familiarize with the culture will abuse some of the No. 1 girls open to foreigners and cause said shops to ban brown skin. Sigh...

I always found that so ironic, because when you grow up in the U.S. on the West Coast, all the Indian kids you know 1) are Dean's List academics, 2) go to the best schools, then medical school and 3) are basically soft, nerdy, harmless and pleasant dorks. Kinda like one of my in-laws (Indian, Ivy-League educated, renowned pediatrician, would probably cry if I took him to a SL). And then I come to Japan and find out the guys from India regularly beat the shit out of working girls. Funny because the only time I've ever seen pure violence and fury in an Indian's eyes is when I asked my buddy's Indian mom if it was cool if I set him up with a hot Muslim girl.

I will get really drunk! Just remembering the old good days when I could walk around many places around Tokyo without bumping with noisy, loud and obnoxious tourist.
Fuzoku shops will start to be picky and selective again, so no gaijin policy will be very strict.
Price rates will rise again, as foreigners will bring their big pockets full of crispy new 1 man yen bills.
So sad!

I will get really drunk! Just remembering the old good days when I could walk around many places around Tokyo without bumping with noisy, loud and obnoxious tourist.
Fuzoku shops will start to be picky and selective again, so no gaijin policy will be very strict.
Price rates will rise again, as foreigners will bring their big pockets full of crispy new 1 man yen bills.
So sad!

Not this foreigner. Absolute truth here, when I returned from my last trip to Japan in March 2020, just before we went into lockdown, I had three $20 bills in my wallet. I still have those three bills today. I haven't touched cash since and this pandemic has made me so rabidly OCD about the practice that I'm not too sure what I'm going to do when I'm back in Japan again. Probably just put 100K on my IC card and use that or my VISA if at all possible. And yes, I'm aware there's something wrong with me.

I say this, treasure these final months of being tourist-free. You will likely never see it again in this lifetime. Around here, it was Heaven on Earth. During my long jogs, I pass time daydreaming about what it was like during those months with no disgusting fucking tourists around. And that's why it's all the more enraging when they come back. Trust me, it will NEVER be this good again.

Not this foreigner. Absolute truth here, when I returned from my last trip to Japan in March 2020, just before we went into lockdown, I had three $20 bills in my wallet. I still have those three bills today. I haven't touched cash since and this pandemic has made me so rabidly OCD about the practice that I'm not too sure what I'm going to do when I'm back in Japan again. Probably just put 100K on my IC card and use that or my VISA if at all possible. And yes, I'm aware there's something wrong with me.

I say this, treasure these final months of being tourist-free. You will likely never see it again in this lifetime. Around here, it was Heaven on Earth. During my long jogs, I pass time daydreaming about what it was like during those months with no disgusting fucking tourists around. And that's why it's all the more enraging when they come back. Trust me, it will NEVER be this good again.

you may be right
What is scary now is the JPY getting so cheap
If it continues like that Japan will become the low cost destination in Asia , how ironic!
(Seriously top-class hotels in Thailand or even the Phils are getting close price wise)

Reading this, I never felt so proud to be a disgusting foreigner in my life, while feeling so ashamed by more disgusting foreigners who will soon come hither.
The dichotomy is real.

Reactions: Keihan
I've been away from this forum for so long, but this feels like the perfect thread to return to.

Honestly, I can't even imagine what the first thing I wanna do in Japan.. Probably go to Lawson's and get a drink or take the trains again. It's been way too long since I took competent public transport (looking at you TfL).

you may be right
What is scary now is the JPY getting so cheap
If it continues like that Japan will become the low cost destination in Asia , how ironic!
(Seriously top-class hotels in Thailand or even the Phils are getting close price wise)

Yes, the weak yen is courting disaster, but it's not just that. For whatever reason, even though reopening is on the horizon, hotels in Japan are still offering rock-bottom rates on sites like Booking.com. My usual twin room in Chiyoda that I normally pay around $280/night for is going for around $150. I booked myself a few nights at my favorite hotel up in Hakodate in case I'm able to get away from the in-laws, and the single room I paid around $250/night for the last couple of times is now going for about $110. It's fucking crazy, and it's going to lead to the exact same problem we had here.

When the moronic governor here decided it was time to reopen to tourism, desperate hotels decided to offer upwards of 70% off of normal prices. Airlines were offering $250RT tickets from the west coast. And that's all it took to invite a stampede of 30k+ shithole trailer-park trashy-ass tourists showing up here every day, packing Costco shirtless and shoeless to load up on hot dogs and bottled water and cheap beer so they wouldn't have to spend money in restaurants, brawling with hotel staff because they refused to wear their masks indoors because "back in Flori-DUH we don't have to!!" and turning the city center into the cheap-seats section at Daytona 500 or some ghetto rap concert.

I want to look forward to visiting Japan again, but I already know what I'm going to find and nothing to look forward to.

Mass tourism in your state *from* Florida? Really?? Floridians tend to vacay in-state. Like Disney or Key West. Out of state would be like Atlanta or Savannah. International if ever would be like Cancun. It’s not a wealthy state for people to travel a lot and far for sure…. And certainly not much love for the West Coast there. Godless drug-addicted hippy polysexuals, i.e. not limited to humans, would be a common image. Lol. I guess there is a mutual lack of love between the regions. :)

Reactions: Cinnabums
Yes, the weak yen is courting disaster, but it's not just that. For whatever reason, even though reopening is on the horizon, hotels in Japan are still offering rock-bottom rates on sites like Booking.com. My usual twin room in Chiyoda that I normally pay around $280/night for is going for around $150. I booked myself a few nights at my favorite hotel up in Hakodate in case I'm able to get away from the in-laws, and the single room I paid around $250/night for the last couple of times is now going for about $110. It's fucking crazy, and it's going to lead to the exact same problem we had here.

When the moronic governor here decided it was time to reopen to tourism, desperate hotels decided to offer upwards of 70% off of normal prices. Airlines were offering $250RT tickets from the west coast. And that's all it took to invite a stampede of 30k+ shithole trailer-park trashy-ass tourists showing up here every day, packing Costco shirtless and shoeless to load up on hot dogs and bottled water and cheap beer so they wouldn't have to spend money in restaurants, brawling with hotel staff because they refused to wear their masks indoors because "back in Flori-DUH we don't have to!!" and turning the city center into the cheap-seats section at Daytona 500 or some ghetto rap concert.

I want to look forward to visiting Japan again, but I already know what I'm going to find and nothing to look forward to.

i dont think it will be that bad, except maybe in Roppongi . Japan doesn’t strike me as a redneck destination, More like the clueless westerners who think that it’s all about mangas and Pikachu here … or the slightly more evolved ones hoping to see samurais and cherry blossoms all year long.
And the shopping addicts of course

And this… :(

DF16687B-D592-47D1-BE01-BFEAFCA70A22.jpeg

Reactions: Cinnabums
Mass tourism in your state *from* Florida? Really?? Floridians tend to vacay in-state. Like Disney or Key West. Out of state would be like Atlanta or Savannah. International if ever would be like Cancun. It’s not a wealthy state for people to travel a lot and far for sure…. And certainly not much love for the West Coast there. Godless drug-addicted hippy polysexuals, i.e. not limited to humans, would be a common image. Lol. I guess there is a mutual lack of love between the regions. :)

I'm currently in Honolulu, so for whatever reason, we attract a lot of tourists from Florida and California. That said, with the rock-bottom rates right now it's two very different types of tourist. The ones coming in from Florida are basically just trailer/hood trash, and the bulk of the incidents reported on the news where police had to intervene were because shitbags from Florida (as reported by the news) were assaulting restaurant and hotel staff for trying to enforce the mask requirement. The CA shitbags are different. Young, filthy, absolutely classless hippy pieces of shit that go trespassing on private property and restricted cultural sites just to get pics for their Instagram accounts, stay in $50/night AirBnB shitholes and spend less per day than garden variety homeless.

In the old days the cops would take a "hands-on" approach to teaching these assholes manners. Thanks to cellphone cams, body cams and certain political movements, cops aren't able to do real community service anymore.

i dont think it will be that bad, except maybe in Roppongi . Japan doesn’t strike me as a redneck destination, More like the clueless westerners who think that it’s all about mangas and Pikachu here … or the slightly more evolved ones hoping to see samurais and cherry blossoms all year long.
And the shopping addicts of course

The only rednecks you get in Japan are there because Uncle Sam stationed them there. I mean this sorta trash, headed your way soon...

Alice-Stein-Dirty-Kids-its-nice-that33.jpg

fea00240dfe4655797df6d13a48732a5.jpg

RainbowPic.jpg

Boom_Festival_2008_%282786861434%29_%282%29.jpg

This is what happens with 130JPY/1USD and youth hostels opening up again. Enjoy!

Last edited:
The only rednecks you get in Japan are there because Uncle Sam stationed them there. I mean this sorta trash, headed your way soon...

RainbowPic.jpg

This is what happens when with 130JPY/1USD and youth hostels opening up again. Enjoy!

hmmmmm… no thanks ! Keep them in Hawaii:)

And plz keep Ezra Miller in Hawaii also! But I assume he would be auto-blocked from entering Japan anyway because of his record. We can only hope…:(

RainbowPic.jpg

This is what happens when with 130JPY/1USD and youth hostels opening up again. Enjoy!

This is the way. Dusting off my Slayer shirts in preparation

This is the way. Dusting off my Slayer shirts in preparation

Yep. What I find funny with these fine young people in the pics Keihan showed is they probably assume their look is so creative and edgy and rebel blah blah blah. We had the same types 20, 30, heck even 50 years ago for the hippy freaks.
After punk , goth, grunge, metal, hip-hop and the house/trance eras it seems nothing new has been invented for decades. Just re-hashing.

Reactions: Keihan
Yep. What I find funny with these fine young people in the pics Keihan showed is they probably assume their look is so creative and edgy and rebel blah blah blah. We had the same types 20, 30, heck even 50 years ago for the hippy freaks.
After punk , goth, grunge, metal, hip-hop and the house/trance eras it seems nothing new has been invented for decades. Just re-hashing.

I'm still patiently waiting for the late 80s to come back again. It could be because that's around the time my dick discovered it could get hard, but I still miss the look of that era's girls, like...

Debbie-Gibson-Lost-In-Your-Eyes-1624033717.jpg

and...

main_1510784165-Tiffany-Darwish-Signed-8x10-Photo-JSA-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

I wanted to rub my hairless dick across their faces so bad it gave me fits, but that's probably because at that time I wasn't aware of the proper use of a penis.

Did anyone see that recent duet video with Debbie Gibson and Joey McIntyre? Holy shit, if ever there was a MILF/GILF. If I could figure out how to remove that Irish goon from the video it might replace Miran on my spank-session playlist.

Reactions: TAG Manager
I wonder if the last three years of Japan regaining it’s beauty will face backlash; in particular, the hot spring and tattoo policy.

I absolutely love onsen. No, I have no interest in seeing other men naked, but I do have interest in staring at misty mountains while nude in hot water. But of course, an all access pass to this glorious bathing culture comes at a price of not inking images deep into your epidermal layer, and while it is undoubtedly unfair still has relevant cultural meaning to the nationals.

So now I have to wonder just how many upright social justice warriors from the West who abuse the word “prejudice” are going to show up tatted from head-to-toe and bully obaasans just following protocol in their most obaadient ways.

Which brings me to what I will celebrate when that happens: A link to every whining blog and article outlining how evil and unfair the Japanese are for purporting an unkindness in sharing the ゆ.

Reactions: NJTYO
So now I have to wonder just how many upright social justice warriors from the West who abuse the word “prejudice” are going to show up tatted from head-to-toe and bully obaasans just following protocol in their most obaadient ways.

Which brings me to what I will celebrate when that happens: A link to every whining blog and article outlining how evil and unfair the Japanese are for purporting an unkindness in sharing the ゆ.

It’s just a vicious circle. The same thing over and over.

Reactions: Requiemmorrow
The good thing is that for most part Japan could not care less about anyone from West or their opinions.