So This Just Happened...

Wow.

Just checked my place, still have power. But I bet trains will be a bitch when I try to leave to go home...

Most likely. So far Seibu Ikebukuro line and Seibu shinjuku line are not operating. I'm not able to go home

Most likely. So far Seibu Ikebukuro line and Seibu shinjuku line are not operating. I'm not able to go home

Thank you for that tip, I will not go through Ikebukuro today then. I'll go the other way, I hope.
Now I wish I hadn't taken the train this morning. I debated... but wanted to watch Netflix while going to work, lol.

That was strange.. My house and business are 200m apart on the same road, with the same supply; my house lost power but my business was fine.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I am surprised that no TAG members offered to give you shelter since you can't go home... I would have, but ...am a few thousand miles away.

Reactions: Wwanderer
I am surprised that no TAG members offered to give you shelter since you can't go home... I would have, but ...am a few thousand miles away.
I'm sure someone probably offered up some assistance privately.... I heard from a few people stuck in that mess today, it wasn't pretty. :)

Saw the fire on the news this morning, was amazed at how close people appeared to be standing just so they could film it on their mobile. Was expecting it to explode and then "innocent bystanders killed" being a headline.

Didn't affect me as I live south and appeared to be before the main rush hour of 6-8 but felt sorry for anyone caught up in it as once the trains stop Tokyo comes to a standstill.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland