Soap Questions

uchihaitatchi31808

TAG Member
Reaction score
Got a list of questions if anyone can help. To give a little background I've been in Japan for about a month now and plan on visiting Tokyo for a little soon, specifically soaps. I also speak a decent amount of Japanese but also to the point where someone can tell I'm not from here. At first glance and 30 seconds of conversation I would seem like I live there, but after a minute or two they will slowly realize that I don't live there if that makes sense. Never been to a soap by the way.

1. Do they ask for ID? I don't own one but I have a Japanese passport.

2. If I were to present a Japanese passport and say I don't have a regular ID, would I be shown back to the door or would they ask me to show proof of being in Japan for more than two weeks with because of COVID.

3. Or do soaps only check temperature these days lol.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Simonka
Got a list of questions if anyone can help. To give a little background I've been in Japan for about a month now and plan on visiting Tokyo for a little soon, specifically soaps. I also speak a decent amount of Japanese but also to the point where someone can tell I'm not from here. At first glance and 30 seconds of conversation I would seem like I live there, but after a minute or two they will slowly realize that I don't live there if that makes sense. Never been to a soap by the way.

1. Do they ask for ID? I don't own one but I have a Japanese passport.

2. If I were to present a Japanese passport and say I don't have a regular ID, would I be shown back to the door or would they ask me to show proof of being in Japan for more than two weeks with because of COVID.

3. Or do soaps only check temperature these days lol.

Thanks!
They dont ask for ID

Reactions: uchihaitatchi31808
If a p4p place asked for my ID, I’d turn around and walk out the door.

I have been asked to show my ID once. But it was because I was trying to talk my way into a Japanese only place and they were like "yeah you speak like a native but your skin colour tells another story so no go". To which I in a drunken stroke of genius I answered "that's because I am naturalised citizen of this fine country". The guy takes another look at me and says "you have any kind of an ID to prove that and you get in". :p

Last edited:
I have been asked to show my ID once. But it was because I was trying to talk my way into a Japanese only place and they were like "yeah you speak like a native but your skin colour tells another story so no go". To which I in a drunken stroke of genius I answered "that's because I am naturalised citizen of this fine country". The guy takes another look at me and says "you have any kind of an ID to prove that and you get in". :p
Haha nice! Would you say most shops right now are okay with people that speak a decent amount of Japanese though?

Would you say most shops right now are okay with people that speak a decent amount of Japanese though?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Of course not.

If you read the forum you will find out it varies wildly between the shops, between the different types of shops and also the area they are located. Some places are, and have always been, so strict with their "Japanese only" -policy that even a citizen who has lived abroad so much his Japanese is not perfect can be turned away. In the other end some shops concentrate on providing for foreigners who don't have a lick of Japanese.

If you read the forum you will find out it varies wildly between the shops, between the different types of shops and also the area they are located. Some places are, and have always been, so strict with their "Japanese only" -policy that even a citizen who has lived abroad so much his Japanese is not perfect can be turned away. In the other end some shops concentrate on providing for foreigners who don't have a lick of Japanese.
I see I see. To be specific I wanted to hit up Dolce and Hisyo, but I've read that with simple Japanese you can get in. Just curious to see if COVID has impacted that. Maybe I should just give a call if anything.

I see I see. To be specific I wanted to hit up Dolce and Hisyo, but I've read that with simple Japanese you can get in. Just curious to see if COVID has impacted that. Maybe I should just give a call if anything.

Hisyo has changed to no gaijin since the pandemic.

Dolce always used to depend in the girl
Some were no gaijin
Some were ok if you speak japanese
Some were ok with tourists (no japanese)

you can guess which category all the attractive girls fell into.

Btw hisyo and dolce are two very different soaplands. hisyo is ‘high end’ with generally attractive ladies and generally good service (but no guarantees in either)

Dolce isnt high end. Its average or below average looking ladies and the service is generally poor.

At first glance and 30 seconds of conversation I would seem like I live there, but after a minute or two they will slowly realize that I don't live there if that makes sense.
Unless it’s appointments only now, just walk in. If you can pass as Japanese on appearance and short convos you’ll probably be fine. If you get gaijin taxed or refused, you’ll know you’ve been found out.

Hisyo has changed to no gaijin since the pandemic.

Dolce always used to depend in the girl
Some were no gaijin
Some were ok if you speak japanese
Some were ok with tourists (no japanese)

you can guess which category all the attractive girls fell into.

Btw hisyo and dolce are two very different soaplands. hisyo is ‘high end’ with generally attractive ladies and generally good service (but no guarantees in either)

Dolce isnt high end. Its average or below average looking ladies and the service is generally poor.
Thanks bud! Ya I know that they are very different in price and girls haha. Young dolce girls is my type, but I wanted to experience a high end after a low end like dolce. But damn, hopefully I can pass as local through Hisyo.

Reactions: Durg50

Agreed!

I have been turn down and rejected from several stores because I have a foreign accent when I speak Japanese. I was born and raised abroad so my Japanese is not native although I am fluent.

I have Japanese citizenship and look 100% Japanese as my parents are both Japanese.

But that doesn't guarantee that you will be accepted in all “Japanese only” stores.

Soaplands and Pink Salons are the most strict and hard with the Japanese Only policy. Deriheru are more flexible

Thanks bud! Ya I know that they are very different in price and girls haha. Young dolce girls is my type, but I wanted to experience a high end after a low end like dolce. But damn, hopefully I can pass as local through Hisyo.

It will be hard to pass as local. A piece of advice....
Please contact the girl from Hisyo who you are interested. Explain to her that you are a Japanese citizen, I presume you are a Nikkei.
If she is OK with that, then call the store to make a reservation.
Several girls at Hisyo are OK as long as you are Japanese Citizen and speak decent Japanese

Based on what you've said, can I assume one of your parents is a Japanese national and the other is ethnically something else? Because if that's the case, you shouldn't get your hopes up. If an establishment is going to discriminate, it's going to be based on your appearance and being half non-Asian is always going to set off their bigoted warning bells no matter how fluent you are. Good example:

Many years ago, I went drinking with a buddy of mine and after raising hell at some shitty izakaya we decided we wanted to hit some random kyaba and try to get handjobs from the girls. Yeah, it made sense at the time. My buddy had a Japanese passport, 110% fluent in Japanese, lived in Kansai for half his childhood, but was half Japanese and obviously part Caucasian. I'm American, definitely not 110% fluent in Japanese, passionately hate Kansai but I'm also 100% ethnically Japanese.

We walk up to the door, jackass doorman takes a look at us and throws up the crossed arms. Buddy starts off in his perfect Japanese that we just want to have a few drinks, we have money, not going to cause any problems, bla bla bla...and all the while, instead of looking at my friend, the doorman is glaring at ME, giving me this look that's like, "SO ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOUR WHITE FRIEND OUT OF HERE??"

Needless to say, we didn't get in. And this wasn't the only establishment this happened at. Shit, I had students who were half white that lived their entire lives in Osaka and still regularly got discriminated against.

Me, on the other hand, oddly enough and often to my detriment...I've never been denied access to anything. I've waltzed into all sorts of red-light district shithole shops and blurted out all sorts of drunken, offensive nonsense in my shitty Japanese but after being interrogated for a minute or so the tencho always waves me through and I end up with my dick in something that might've been hot stuff back in the 1970s. At most, one of the staff will comment on how I'm suspiciously "chotto gaijin" and then tend to something else more interesting.

So basically, if you look 100% Japanese and you're fluent then you've probably got a good chance. If not, you'll be stuck at the gaijin-friendly establishments and the quality of girl there reflects that open policy. In either case, as has been suggested, it'd be best to call first and speak with the staff. But as has also been pointed out, the current situation isn't going to help your chances at all. I've heard even the Korean shops are starting to get choosy with customers, so you know Hell is getting a little frosty.

It will be hard to pass as local. A piece of advice....
Please contact the girl from Hisyo who you are interested. Explain to her that you are a Japanese citizen, I presume you are a Nikkei.
If she is OK with that, then call the store to make a reservation.
Several girls at Hisyo are OK as long as you are Japanese Citizen and speak decent Japanese
Thanks for all the info man. Unfortunately the more I read from everyone's advice, the more discouraged I am getting haha. But all good. And yes I'm nikkei. Look 100% Japanese, speak a decent conversational level, but noticeably enough to where they would know I'm not from here. However my fluency is 100%. Hopefully that'll help a little. Especially with COVID cases going up again I wonder if it'll affect everything.

Thanks for all the info man. Unfortunately the more I read from everyone's advice, the more discouraged I am getting haha. But all good. And yes I'm nikkei. Look 100% Japanese, speak a decent conversational level, but noticeably enough to where they would know I'm not from here. However my fluency is 100%. Hopefully that'll help a little. Especially with COVID cases going up again I wonder if it'll affect everything.

If that is your case, there are several girls at Hisyo that will gladly serve you!
Sora and Anri, I am 100% that they are OK as long as you are Japanese (citizenship and physical appearance) also if your Japanese language skill is "Daily Conversation"

If that is your case, there are several girls at Hisyo that will gladly serve you!
Sora and Anri, I am 100% that they are OK as long as you are Japanese (citizenship and physical appearance) also if your Japanese language skill is "Daily Conversation"
How would you recommend getting in touch with them individually? I saw that some use twitter like Sora.

How would you recommend getting in touch with them individually? I saw that some use twitter like Sora.

You can send Sora a DM via Twitter, she usually answers quickly. I have Anri at Line but she also uses Twitter as well.

You can send Sora a DM via Twitter, she usually answers quickly. I have Anri at Line but she also uses Twitter as well.
Thank brother you are a legend. One last question, would booking someone from city heaven make my chances go higher? I would just show up to wherever and say I made an online booking.

Thank brother you are a legend. One last question, would booking someone from city heaven make my chances go higher? I would just show up to wherever and say I made an online booking.

Please keep in mind that City Heaven is just a "middle man" who will help you get a reservation and get into contact with the store, in this case Hisyo. It's almost certain that Hisyo will call you or ask you to call them in order to confirm your reservation.

It's been mentioned in the general thread that both these places have been "no-gaijin" since the beginning of the pandemic, and afaik no one has reported any changes yet. Your best bet is just walk in and see what happens imo.

On a somewhat related note to the original question, I was DM'ing a girl from Darling Harbor (Kirara) to see if she would take foreigners, and she said she requires a "Medical certificate of venereal disease test result" (word for word from Google Translate lol) to take a reservation. Kinda weird and goes against the privacy policy normally upheld at soaplands lol

It's been mentioned in the general thread that both these places have been "no-gaijin" since the beginning of the pandemic, and afaik no one has reported any changes yet. Your best bet is just walk in and see what happens imo.

On a somewhat related note to the original question, I was DM'ing a girl from Darling Harbor (Kirara) to see if she would take foreigners, and she said she requires a "Medical certificate of venereal disease test result" (word for word from Google Translate lol) to take a reservation. Kinda weird and goes against the privacy policy normally upheld at soaplands lol

That must be her own personal policy. As I contacted another girl from Darling Harbor (Kaoru) and she is still OK with foreigners. She never mentioned any medical certificate.

JAV Idol Airi Natsume, when she was working at Universe Tokyo, she requested a recent medical certificate for STD.
If you didn't provide one, she will only do body licking (no kiss), handjob and CBJ.
If you have a medical certificate, she will do everything except FS.

Thanks for the input! Honestly, I'm just gonna try and do my best to not even mention that I am a foreigner. I'll try my best to speak like I'm a local haha. Thankfully I have no accent but my fluency tends to fade the longer the conversation is.

That must be her own personal policy. As I contacted another girl from Darling Harbor (Kaoru) and she is still OK with foreigners. She never mentioned any medical certificate.

JAV Idol Airi Natsume, when she was working at Universe Tokyo, she requested a recent medical certificate for STD.
If you didn't provide one, she will only do body licking (no kiss), handjob and CBJ.
If you have a medical certificate, she will do everything except FS.
Yo I appreciate you replying all the time and was wondering if you could answer this quick question I have. Do delivery health places only allow love hotel meet ups or do they do regular hotels, such as the place I'm staying at?