Soapland With A Tattoo

laserjohn

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

First off, I just want to give my thanks for all the extremely useful info on this site. Amazing!!

Me and a friend are heading to Tokyo at the end of the month (I've lived in Japan for the last 10 years and speak Japanese, mate is coming over from The a States and doesn't speak a word), and we want to try out a Soapland for the first time. Thanks to all your great reviews, I know the foreigner friendly Soaplands available and I am thinking of going the 130min deal at Naniwa, or perhaps Darling Harbour.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it's ok to go to one of these venues with a tattoo. I did read somewhere here that the soaplands do have no tattoo signs, but I'm wondering if this is strictly enforced for foreigners? I have a smallish tattoo on the back of my arm, which I can tape over if needed. Have any of you soaplanded with a tattoo? Any ideas? Better to tape, or no need to worry?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Generally not a problem. I've taken a pal from the US who had full sleeves to Darling Harbor, and they didn't bat an eye.

I would assume there's a difference between a white guy with a tattoo and an asian guy with a tattoo in that situation.

Reactions: laserjohn
I would assume there's a difference between a white guy with a tattoo and an asian guy with a tattoo in that situation.
That's what I was assuming, but though it was best to check here if anyone had any experience, as to not get a bad surprise on the day.

There's more to a yak than his ink, there's an attitude and way of speaking, as well as a way of dressing, that are a big part of the image. It's pretty clear who is and who isn't a yak affiliate, regardless of tattoos, for those who know the scene. Soapland operators tend to know the difference.

It was deliverly health, not soapland. One of my friends had the Japanese client with big tattoo all over his body.
He was clearly Yakuza guy. She was a bit scared at first.
When they moved to actual play, he came super fast. He embarrassed himself. All on a sudden, his bluff way of talking to her changed and became sort of cute.
They got a long each other. While they were chatting on the bed, she noticed there was a black plastic trush bag with empty cans of beer on the top beside the bed so she picked it up and tossed into the trush can.
He said " Hey, that's not trush! 5 million yen is in there!" Lol. He carried the cash in a trush bag on purpose so that people couldn't tell what he was actually carrying.

I also have had a Japanese client who had whole sleeves and back,. Unlike his appearance, he was a quite normal guy.
It may depend on the girls but it seems like most of shops don't kick you out just because you have tattoo.

It was deliverly health, not soapland. One of my friends had the Japanese client with big tattoo all over his body.
He was clearly Yakuza guy. She was a bit scared at first.
When they moved to actual play, he came super fast. He embarrassed himself. All on a sudden, his bluff way of talking to her changed and became sort of cute.
They got a long each other. While they were chatting on the bed, she noticed there was a black plastic trush bag with empty cans of beer on the top beside the bed so she picked it up and tossed into the trush can.
He said " Hey, that's not trush! 5 million yen is in there!" Lol. He carried the cash in a trush bag on purpose so that people couldn't tell what he was actually carrying.

I also have had a Japanese client who had whole sleeves and back,. Unlike his appearance, he was a quite normal guy.
It may depend on the girls but it seems like most of shops don't kick you out just because you have tattoo.
Haha that's cute.

I also once had a guy who i'm pretty sure he was a yakuza.
I didn't know this before we met but he had the standard traditional tattoos and he presented me money from a pile of cash so it looked like steriotype yakuza guy that your hear of.
Of course i was a bit surprised but he was very nice, didn't threaten or do anything bad to me and told me i was very beautiful.
As soon as i wasn't worried he'd cause me trouble anymore it actually became a really cool experience. Big tattoos are interesting to look at to me so that was quite a turn on for me. Also he was a really good lover so i could quite enjoy my time! His looks were a bit boring actually (short black hair, glasses, a bit of facial hair, a bit nerdy look) so i didn't expect anything when i met up with him and went to the hotel and i thought its weird that he carries so much cash.. Than he took off his shirt and things fell into place, haha!

But sorry, off topic.