Soaplands or erotic massages in Shiga-ken

Altaic128

TAG Member
Reaction score
Greetings.

In a month I'm moving to Japan to study the language.
I'll be living in Shiga-ken.

Since this is my first time in Japan and its province, I would like to know if there are any erotic massage services, pink salons and soaplands in the area (the city I'm going to live is Koka-shi) or nearby that are foreigner friendly. Anything in Kyoto, Nara, Osaka or Aichi is nice, but preference in Shiga-ken for the first time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: meyrin
No clue about Kōka, but it sounds like a small town.

As has been mentioned in the past on TAG, and based on my own visits, there aren't so many gaijin-friendly options in Kyoto. There seems to be more choice in Osaka, which is a larger city, but I'll defer to others who know more about the Kansai region.

Last edited:
Ogoto Onsen in Shiga has one of the famous japanese soap districts. While some of the shops accept foreigners (Kotei Bekkan for example) it's hard to tell if they also accept customers without moonspeak knowledge. The nearest station is Ogotoonsen on the JR Kosei Line, you can either walk from there or take the shuttle bus for the Agaryanse Spa Resort. The soap district is just behind the Agaryanse and can hardly be missed. Business in Ogoto is slow and most customers get picked up at Hieizan-Sakamoto station, so if you walk around there as a foreigner you will be approached by touts.

Reactions: Sudsy and SugoiBoy