STD Testing - Yoboukai Shinjuku

JohnnyWalker

TAG Member
Reaction score
By request, I am providing a detailed experience I had at the subject shop.

〒160-0022 Tōkyō-to, Shinjuku-ku, Shinjuku, 3 Chome−22−11, RS ビル
03-5360-6024

In google maps, for hours, etc
Shinjuku Clinic
新宿クリニック

Google maps will lead you to the location. However the signs outside are not in English. I have added some picture from Google to show to exact location and entryway. Once you enter into the entryway, you will see an elevator in the back on the right. Go to 7F and you will see the clinic as the doors open.

Straight ahead you will notice a reception desk. They ask you for some data:

1) Your name (no validation, so you can make one up if you want to be anonymous)
2) What type of tests you want performed.
3) Your birthday (again, no validation).
4) A password for your online results recovery.
5) If you like to speak with a staff doctor, no charge.
6) Phone number and email (again, no validation. Not sure why they ask because they were not used)
7) If you have an IC card, you can scan it and use it on your next visit. On the end of the desk there is a self-help kiosk. Noticed one woman use it while I was there. It started with a swipe of your IC card and some screen prompts. Although I didn't use yet so i'm not sure exactly how it works. Although it looked quick.

All of this was done in English. While the receptionist didn't speak much, it was enough to complete the task. You walk away from the front desk with a business card and a slip of paper with a number on it. On the card is your name, password you selected, and date of test. All of which you will need to recover the results online. the results could also be recovered in-person if you go back. The card has everything you need to get your results and also has a date when they would be ready. The test I had done were ready on 2 day different days.

Once you have your info card and a number you wait in the reception area. There appeared to be 2 rooms where they were drawing blood. My wait was about 2 minutes. They called my number in Japanese and I didn't understand them so they waved me inside.

I sat down and the lady reviewed my name, the tests being performed, and explained when the results would be available. Blood was drawn, a small band-aid was applied, a pressure band over the band-aid to ensure the blood stopped (never saw one of these before). It was basically like putting pressure on a wound to stop the bleeding. Once she was done with her end of the work, she handed me a cup for urine, you walk back though the waiting area and into the toilet. Once you are done you pass the cup though a small window in the toilet area.

Back into the reception area to pay, return the arm band, grab a receipt, and you're done!

My results were posted in 2 days and showed up in the morning ~10am for all tests. Even though they said the HIV would take an extra day.

To recover the results, you enter your name, password, and date of service. All printed on the card they gave you. Your name need to be entered in full-width romaji, if i'm not mistaken. All caps. I'm sure there is a better way to describe this. The web results are in Japanese, although Google translate works perfectly here.

The online results screen has a spot for them to add comments and recommendations. I'm not sure how it works if you need treatment. I think you can go back to the same office for treatment, although I'm not sure. If I can keep my guy comfortable in rain gear, hopefully I will never find out how that works.
Also, the online recovery site appears to maintain a history of your test results which is nice.

All the prices are on the website. Google translate does a decent job with the translation. I opted for the sets, although they have ah la carte pricing too.

Stay safe and know your status!

Attachments

• bev.JPG
    bev.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 214
  • entryway.JPG
    entryway.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 195
I went there this morning and say a gaijin guy.
Whoever it was, you don't have to speak up, but cheers!
Stay safe and get tested.

Reactions: Simonka
Thanks, this is great info. You listed the webpage for the satellite clinic, the main webpage
http://www.yoboukai-shinjuku.jp/
lists additional clinics in Kawasaki, Yokohama and Fukuoka in addition to the main and satellite in Shinjuku. The Satellite is in the same building (7f as opposed to 9f), so I'm assuming that the satellite is for more discreet visits?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thanks, this is great info. You listed the webpage for the satellite clinic, the main webpage
http://www.yoboukai-shinjuku.jp/
lists additional clinics in Kawasaki, Yokohama and Fukuoka in addition to the main and satellite in Shinjuku. The Satellite is in the same building (7f as opposed to 9f), so I'm assuming that the satellite is for more discreet visits?

I had no idea there were 2 offices in the same building. I went to the office on 7f by chance.

Thanks for the review, How do you say STD test in japanese. Just to know how to say if they ask

Thanks for the review, How do you say STD test in japanese. Just to know how to say if they ask

STD 性行為感染症 [せいこういかんせんしょう (seikouikansenshou)]

EXAMINATION 検査 [けんさ (kensa)]

They may understand STD,

エスティディー (esutidī)

Reactions: Ken1988
Yes, there are if i'm correct. I usually use the 9th floor.
I went there today and went to the 9th floor first. It was crowded at the 10 o'clock opening but the line moved fast. After I described my problem to the first doctor, she referred me to a urologist on the 7th floor, where I scanned in with my Suica card and after a short wait, saw the doctor there. By the way, there were probably about 4 times as many women as men at both clinics. What does that say?

I just went to the yokohama branch.

I asked in the other thread before, but if you end up getting positive result whats the next step?

go there again for the treatment?

sorry for the stupid question, first time doing check up.

Thanks

Just an FYI for others that don't want to spend too much time there.

For the urine test, I was told that there needs to be at least an hour between the last time you've peed and when you do the urine test. The nurse said that I could still do the test but it may not be as accurate if I had just finished peeing.
I mention this cause I had peed just 10 minutes before my visit and had to wait an extra 50 minutes in the lobby :(

Oh well. It was interesting to see all the sorts of people that came through during that time.
Reactions ranged from "Wow, I would be shocked to find out she's in the sex industry!" to "100% she's in the industry. I wonder if she would tell me where she's working if I asked..."

Thanks for all the good info here.

Definitely an easy clinic to recommend - convenient, discrete and reasonably priced. Not at all biased because their results said my dork isn’t going to rot off, either.

Regarding the urine tests, the site actually asks that you hold off for 2 hours before your visit, just for reference.

Does the A set for guys take care of everything? I ask cause its seems like a la carte has a lot more than what is described in the set. Also, for the pricing, like 110ish USD seems dexent.

A set doesn't include throat swabs, if I remember right.

Yeah. There is a throat set for about 5.000. As long as you don’t perform daty or bbbj your throat should be fine, so maybe you don’t need this. And if you only daty, without going ‘in’, the risk is very low for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia anyways, I’ve never caught anything. Or use a dental dam...

Finally decided to go in and get my testing up to date (been over 2 years since the last time, haven't been doing anything super high risk so not really concerned but wanted to get some assurance on starting to see someone new outside of the p4p zone). Went to the 7F place in sanchome, was 9 girls lined up ahead of me for the few minutes before the doors opened. Pretty quick and efficient and I was out the door in under 30 minutes. One difference in the process from OPs: the info-card and password were processed by the phlobotomist, not at reception.

Last edited:
I get mines for free, but as I am not at a hospital, some tests I get right off the bat, whereas others I have to wait for results from the hospital out in town and or have to wait for big results like HIV from the states, which takes about a month. Either way, the big thing that sucks especially for getting tested is that they are really anal about people waiting a couple of weeks mainly because some symptoms don't show until after two weeks.

Another thing that sucks about having some of your blood is sent out in town is that they don't take into consideration immunizations. I have HEP A/B antibodies, due to vaccinations I have to receive. Because of this, most members will pop positive for having HEP A/B, how most people from the PI will pop positive for TB because they have the TB vaccination.

A bit off-topic, but still related. I recently had chat about this with one of my as of lately regular DH ladies. She works for a milf DH agency, with a hundred or more women on the rooster.

Yes, regularly tested. It works like this: once a month she goes to the office, is handed a kit and proceeds to the bathroom. If I understood correctly, there are swabs for throat and vagina, but no blood (of course) or urine tests.

After finishing, she hands the kit back to somebody at the office, who then sends it over to a clinic for processing. The result is communicated to her via the office, not directly from the clinic.

Does this seems a normal process to those of you who know more than I do (yes, I’m talking to you @manami)?

BTW, she’s charged by the agency for the test.

Last edited:
If I understood correctly, there are swabs for throat and vagina, but no blood (of course) or urine tests.
I don’t think women have to do urine tests usually, the diseases they find in the urine of men are better detected with vaginal swaps in women. Not doing blood tests is dangerous i believe since syphilis will not show up on a swaptest as far as i know and even if the policy is no FS or she does strictly CFS, syphilis can be transmitted by bbj or sumata in some case, while this is not likely for HIV for example.

Reactions: Negi77
Another thing that sucks about having some of your blood is sent out in town is that they don't take into consideration immunizations. I have HEP A/B antibodies, due to vaccinations I have to receive. Because of this, most members will pop positive for having HEP A/B, how most people from the PI will pop positive for TB because they have the TB vaccination.

I’m not sure regarding Hep A, but regarding Hep B antibodies due to vaccinations, that is a different antibody than they should be testing for Hep B exposure. Which antibody target are they testing for your testing location? Vaccination targets for Hep B is surface antigen so post vaccination Hep B surface antibodies are what you develop. Usually Hep B core antibodies are tested for previous exposure as you wouldn’t have those post vaccination. The core and/or envelope antigens could be also be tested for current infection.