Guest viewing is limited

Straightforward topless or nude bar/club

juzz

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto soon with a good friend. I was wondering what Tokyo had in foreigner friendly bars that offer striptease or topless/nude staff so we can have a pint and enjoy the view. Nothing more, no lap dances touching etc.

I have had a good look around the board but, understandably, the focus is on getting more (I would be tempted if travelling solo).

Thanks for any info

Reactions: Simonka and akasam
Hi
I am travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto soon with a good friend. I was wondering what Tokyo had in foreigner friendly bars that offer striptease or topless/nude staff so we can have a pint and enjoy the view. Nothing more, no lap dances touching etc.

I have had a good look around the board but, understandably, the focus is on getting more (I would be tempted if travelling solo).

Thanks for any info
A lingerie pub with service on the softer side might fit the bill.

Interesting - thanks. Any recommendations appreciated.

A quick read tells me these are often a lingerie based hostess bar where the girls sit and talk with you. I was more thinking about a regular bar/club where we could site, enjoy the vibe and the view, but not particularly engage or chat (we have little Japanese)

Last edited:
Maybe give the strip theater in Shibuya a shot. Not sure what the official name is, but it’s a unique experience. Not a bar, exactly, but you can drink canned beer while you watch the show. Might be some reviews here.

Traditional American style strip clubs tend to be terrible in places where prostitution is decriminalized. Japan is no exception, IMHO.

Seventh Heaven is the closest you'll find, IME. It is relatively safe, convenient to get to and the girls (and staff) speak English. That's the best you can say for it now, however, there are a lot of downsides that make it less than ideal.

The last couple of years that I've gone here there have been no Japanese dancers. All the girls were eastern european or non-Japanese asians (Thai, et al). If that's fine with you, then it's not a knock.

It's expensive and they push the drink options on you. I don't recall the pricing, I'm sure it changes every year, but you have to keep your wits about you to not get suckered into upgrades. It's not like the true ripoff bars in Roppongi, more like the bottle service and champagne room hustle of the top end Vegas clubs.

The stage dancing is minimal and not the focus, they focus on the hostesses sitting and partying with you. The girls are very territorial and once one latches onto you it will be difficult prying her away without being rude. Great if you get lucky, but if you like to get dances from many girls it's going to be tough.

They officially close early, I think 1am. If you're in the door they may have an option to stay later than that, but it's very sketchy and not for the unadventurous.

Finally, it's in Roppongi, so you'll have to deal with all the touts and lowlifes hassling you. Definitely a buzzkill when all you want to do is drink and look at nekkid ladies.

It's not a Japanese experience at all, but it's probably the easiest choice (other than Hooters ;-)

For a Japanese experience, I would recommend DX Kabukicho, but I'm the only person I've ever met who liked it.

It has all kinds of weird only in Japan shit going on and is not for the unadventurous. They are tolerant of non-Japanese, but not exactly welcoming. The place is also completely run down and the average age of the customers was 60, perhaps that's part of its charm. Like I said, not for everybody.

The more you understand Japanese language and culture the better your experience, but it is not required. It is an interactive stage experience so it's not for the shy and closed minded.

I've only been there during the day, at night it might be completely different.

Thanks akasam. I don't see us going to Seventh Heaven - I want to look at some Japanese girls, DX Kabukich sounds interesting to me, but not sure my friend would cope with the interactive element (he's a shy boy!). Perhaps he'll want to stay back at the hotel one night and I can go.

The interactive days at DX Kabukicho are special amateur shows that only happen once every 6-8 weeks. Even during those events, you can just watch if you want, but most aren’t very interesting spectator activities.

The more typical show at DX has 5 or 6 dancers. They perform one at a time wearing elaborate costumes. They dance to three songs, each one in less clothing until they are naked. The third song concludes with a pink show where the dancers strike various artistic poses on the rotating stage to provide the audience with a clear view of their bodies. Then there is a short break while the dancer or last two dancers come out on stage to pose for fan photos. You use the house camera and pay 500Y per photo; you choose the pose. The only interaction during these standard shows is a handshake with the dancer after you take their photo. You can check their website to determine which show is scheduled during your visit.

You pay the entry price once per day, and can watch all day (Noon to 10 or 10:30pm usually) and see the dancer rotation 4 times. You are welcome to bring your own food and drink/beer inside the theater and make a day of it. You can also step out and take a break. They’ll give you a re-entry ticket that gets you back in to the show.

DX is very foreigner friendly as long as you follow the rules. The staff doesn’t speak English, but they smile and gesture to help you buy the ticket, and they helpfully point at the rules: no cellphones out in the theater, no smoking in the theater, no “unofficial” photography, and no talking during the performance. Watch the crowd, clap when they do, and enjoy the show!

Traditional American style strip clubs tend to be terrible in places where prostitution is decriminalized. Japan is no exception, IMHO.

Seventh Heaven is the closest you'll find, IME. It is relatively safe, convenient to get to and the girls (and staff) speak English. That's the best you can say for it now, however, there are a lot of downsides that make it less than ideal.

The last couple of years that I've gone here there have been no Japanese dancers. All the girls were eastern european or non-Japanese asians (Thai, et al). If that's fine with you, then it's not a knock.

It's expensive and they push the drink options on you. I don't recall the pricing, I'm sure it changes every year, but you have to keep your wits about you to not get suckered into upgrades. It's not like the true ripoff bars in Roppongi, more like the bottle service and champagne room hustle of the top end Vegas clubs.

The stage dancing is minimal and not the focus, they focus on the hostesses sitting and partying with you. The girls are very territorial and once one latches onto you it will be difficult prying her away without being rude. Great if you get lucky, but if you like to get dances from many girls it's going to be tough.

They officially close early, I think 1am. If you're in the door they may have an option to stay later than that, but it's very sketchy and not for the unadventurous.

Finally, it's in Roppongi, so you'll have to deal with all the touts and lowlifes hassling you. Definitely a buzzkill when all you want to do is drink and look at nekkid ladies.

It's not a Japanese experience at all, but it's probably the easiest choice (other than Hooters ;-)
ill check it out! they have a 2 hr 50 bucks all u can drinl option between 7 and 9.
seems pretty PG 13
the girls dancing onstage are partially clothed?

Gira Gira Girls in Kabukicho. Ask for Selisha, she speaks good english. Girls are in bikini, drink with you, and the shows are fun to watch.

Reactions: akasam and just4fun
ill check it out! they have a 2 hr 50 bucks all u can drinl option between 7 and 9.
seems pretty PG 13
the girls dancing onstage are partially clothed?
The girls definitely get topless, I don't think they flash anything else, but in my experience it's been hard to concentrate on the show with the girls buzzing around you. I bet at 7-9 there will be significant pressure to tip and or buy drinks for the girls, but it sounds like it's a more mellow option for businessmen on their way home.

The private dances are definitely not PG-13. It varies by the girl (and how much she thinks she can milk you for the night), but touching everywhere (both you and her) is possible, although just like Vegas you have to enlist the cooperation of the bouncer, which sucks.

The girls definitely get topless, I don't think they flash anything else, but in my experience it's been hard to concentrate on the show with the girls buzzing around you. I bet at 7-9 there will be significant pressure to tip and or buy drinks for the girls, but it sounds like it's a more mellow option for businessmen on their way home.

The private dances are definitely not PG-13. It varies by the girl (and how much she thinks she can milk you for the night), but touching everywhere (both you and her) is possible, although just like Vegas you have to enlist the cooperation of the bouncer, which sucks.
sorry i didnt know what u mean in ur last sentance.
tip him off? $$

english friendly?

Well I spoke to them in japanese so not sure. But i was with gaijin friends only. Maybe at least one japanese speaker in the group is necessary. Some of the girls (notably Selisha) speak english well.

Thanks all. I am in Tokyo now and will check some of these out. More soon.

I was there over a week ago. One of the pictures I got with the dancers(the last one),when she suggested sexy pose,I didn't expect the pose to be of her standing on the side of her butt against the side of my face,the last dancer was just a friggin riot! Her and the the fourth dancers were the most fun,number 4 edging out the rest of the performers with her never ending smile(and at one point,forgotten for a moment that she was on the stage longer then she was supposed to and said oops in Japanese and ran backstage,lol!)

Been there in the past but for this time was simply totally unexpected fun!