Guest viewing is limited

Sugardating safety tips

Scammers are always in a hurry. So on the SD sites, don't go for a "let's meet now" girl. Lay a bit of groundwork with messages. You also might wanna go for a meal first and spend a bit of time with her.

Also which site did you meet her on?
SD.jp profile is now gone.

Thanks @Rusty Trombone :( I'm little more careful now. I do enough groundwork , ask questions what they do (say they work a on hard science field, I ask hard science questions :)). I am still new at this and I appreciate all advice.

My initial workflow is just spam all profiles with something like 'hello 3~ allowance for adult date , I am foreigner , it's okay?' . Once I get positive response (mostly were negative or no response at all ) I meet them for coffee , then say okay let's go hotel .

Last edited:
That was really unlucky, there’s nothing wrong going to straight adult encounter to be honest. Me, I prefer to be discreet i don’t really like meet in public places. I guess it’s really case to case basis. me too I do get paranoid in first meet up. Hopefully won’t happen to you again.
Glad it works out for you. I kept pulling the low cards. Of the 4 times I did STH, 1st was Chinese but told me she was J (still incredibly attractive), 2nd was fine, 3rd catfished me with a diff photo so I cancelled on the spot, and the 4th said she was thin, but was incredibly…not…so I just kept walking.

Glad it works out for you. I kept pulling the low cards. Of the 4 times I did STH, 1st was Chinese but told me she was J (still incredibly attractive), 2nd was fine, 3rd catfished me with a diff photo so I cancelled on the spot, and the 4th said she was thin, but was incredibly…not…so I just kept walking.
Thanks as always @TokyoExpat . In my case I will take it slow from now, no more straight to hotel/adult for me.

One thing I do on SD, is to check the user id.
From the few weeks I used the site, I noticed that some of the girls that pro-actively contacted me for fast action with little discussions had their profile greyed out a few week later. My assumption was that they got reported for trying something fishy.
Now, as part of my filtering, I'm checking how old is the user id, if it's a few month then I would assume they are not that fishy.
For example: current new ids are around: 20581192390000, and there's roughly 13k new ids every months (very empirical), so from this you can check for how many months the person has registered (I could not find the info another way...).
I'm sometimes very paranoid also, and try to keep things to the minimum, but I've been guilty of: keeping everything in a locker but worrying about the locker key disappearing, hiding part of the money in my socks.
Taking the shower together is a great example.

Right now I'm on the fence with a potential SB, very aggressive to meet, but cute, and have been more than 11 months on the platform...

keeping everything in a locker but worrying about the locker key disappearing
Use an IC locker, therefore no key. Just don't lose your phone or IC card. (y)

Now, as part of my filtering, I'm checking how old is the user id, if it's a few month then I would assume they are not that fishy.
For example: current new ids are around: 20581192390000, and there's roughly 13k new ids every months (very empirical), so from this you can check for how many months the person has registered (I could not find the info another way...).
Good tip!

Just posting an example (attached): 20581192122001

Your example number: 20581192390000
Profile Example Number: 20581192122001
Difference: 267,999 (Thus the sample profile is about ~20 Months old using supplied logic)

profile_tip.JPG

Checked a known profile:
Created ~1/2021: 20581192224000
Today 1/25/2022: 20581192390000
Difference: 166,000 (About 12-13 months old based on supplied logic of 13k new accounts/month [12.76923076923077:cool:])

Looks pretty accurate!

Last edited:
One thing I do on SD, is to check the user id.
From the few weeks I used the site, I noticed that some of the girls that pro-actively contacted me for fast action with little discussions had their profile greyed out a few week later. My assumption was that they got reported for trying something fishy.
Thank you for sharing this, I haven't noticed the user ID before. This is really useful.

I'm sometimes very paranoid also, and try to keep things to the minimum, but I've been guilty of: keeping everything in a locker but worrying about the locker key disappearing, hiding part of the money in my socks.
Taking the shower together is a great example.

I always does that especially when meeting for the first time. I put all my ID into a backpack, which I store in the locker with the IC, not the key. I only keep a health insurance card with me in case I had to be carried away by an anbulance (you never know!) but keep it somewhere in my shoulder bag or hide it in my wallet. Only bring enough money for the compenstation and the hotel plus coffee/lunch and maybe a spare of 10-20K.Basically any amount that you felt comfortable loosing. Pay with the phone IC when possible. Taking shower together definately help.

Thank you for sharing this, I haven't noticed the user ID before. This is really useful.

I always does that especially when meeting for the first time. I put all my ID into a backpack, which I store in the locker with the IC, not the key. I only keep a health insurance card with me in case I had to be carried away by an anbulance (you never know!) but keep it somewhere in my shoulder bag or hide it in my wallet. Only bring enough money for the compenstation and the hotel plus coffee/lunch and maybe a spare of 10-20K.Basically any amount that you felt comfortable loosing. Pay with the phone IC when possible. Taking shower together definately help.
thanks for tips , these lockers are the ones inside train stations ? They are relatively safe?

thanks for tips , these lockers are the ones inside train stations ? They are relatively safe?
They are safe (pun intended)
At some station they are outside. Some station like Akihabara has tons and tons of them if you look carefully.

I usually just go for the cheapest one, which is 400 yen per day. A day starts from 2 AM until 2 AM the next day.

Last edited:
They are safe (pun intended)
At some station they are outside. Some station like Akihabara has tons and tons of them if you look carefully.

I usually just go for the cheapest one, which is 400 yen per day. A day starts from 2 AM until 2 AM the next day.

Thanks for locker tip!

What do you guys think Higashi Shinjuku Station Area ? Plenty of LH, i was also there pretty late like 2 - 3 am and it looks okay so far.

What do you guys think Higashi Shinjuku Station Area ? Plenty of LH, i was also there pretty late like 2 - 3 am and it looks okay so far.
There's nothing wrong with the area if that's what you're asking. It's the north/easternmost edge of Kabukicho. Some of the hotels on that edge are cheaper and smaller.
If we're using LH's in that area, it's going to be the main Bali An or Pasha (not Pasha Resort). Frankly, anything in the JHT group of hotels is usually a good bet. I just prefer larger rooms with spacious bath units.

Thanks for locker tip!

For Higashi-Shinjuku there are IC lockers at the Fukutoshin subway entrance (but outside the gates) as well as some regular key lockers upstairs next to the Oedo line gates (also outside). The former are a little bit hidden so you may need to look at one of the station layout maps to find it, but those lockers have a bit of privacy as well.

Thanks for this another great tip! SD.jp using sequential IDs vs random UUIDs at least works to our advantage so hopefully they keep it as is.

Now back to safety tips! say I want to meet someone (F49, me almost useless M late 30s) for 'experience' and make me 'level up' faster , are there any risk like getting sued by jealous partner even if they are supposedly separated? Or worse could this be probably some honeypot with blackmail set up and they can threaten to sue(I think I read similar scam somewhere here on this forum...)

say I want to meet someone (F49, me almost useless M late 30s) for 'experience' and make me 'level up' faster , are there any risk like getting sued by jealous partner even if they are supposedly separated?

That's always a risk with a married woman, but the more anonymous you are the less of a risk it is. Keep in mind that the other partner has to know who you are and be able to serve you with the lawsuit.

Or worse could this be probably some honeypot with blackmail set up and they can threaten to sue(I think I read similar scam somewhere here on this forum...)

If they're off a sugar website, the usual scam is for them to ambush you outside the hotel and try to get you to immediately go to an ATM and withdraw compensation cash. The average couple that tries this scam won't target foreigners because of language ability (your average crook doesn't have language skills) and unpredictability (a foreigner is perceived as being more likely to respond with violence than a Japanese national).

That's always a risk with a married woman, but the more anonymous you are the less of a risk it is. Keep in mind that the other partner has to know who you are and be able to serve you with the lawsuit.

If they're off a sugar website, the usual scam is for them to ambush you outside the hotel and try to get you to immediately go to an ATM and withdraw compensation cash. The average couple that tries this scam won't target foreigners because of language ability (your average crook doesn't have language skills) and unpredictability (a foreigner is perceived as being more likely to respond with violence than a Japanese national).

Thanks for useful insights. Yeah even normal encounters with unmarried women I already try to be as anonymous as much as possible...

Just an update. I was able to find fun dates and didn't run to any more issues thanks to all the tips from this thread!

I dated one for about a month , she was a wonderful person and goes by alias 'Yuki' and is probably around Hachioji area AFAIK. We started along well: I like her , she likes me, we go on love hotel date and achieved total, complete victory! But then I started falling for her hard, for real this time. I could feel she was losing interest and this triggered a "flight response" in me and so I left some 'hey good luck and have wonderful life , let's stop dating' message then broke all contact .

And now I am back to square one :( .