Guest viewing is limited

Sukiya, Matsuya, or Yoshinoya?

Notice you are talking about gyudon, one of the lamest dishes Japan has produced. It tastes quiet nasty by default.
1681021791592.jpeg

As a matter of fact I just got a special delivery from Sweden.

Comparing with gyudon isnt doable though, its almost impossible to lay your hands on nowadays.

Below, tunnbrödsrulle, available everywhere. A wrap with mashed potato, sausages and shrimpmayonaise.
That makes a more relevant comparison!

tunnbrödsrulle-1280x720.jpg

Then again nobody has complained about the taste of that. Maybe because they already threw up just by smelling it.

Tried in once years ago....yeah, the smell is foul, but it doesn't taste that bad. It's not worth the trouble because of the stench but people are exaggerating how bad it is.

Totally unrelated but this reminds me of a wet night in my youth. Me and three friends bought an 1 hour busticket to closest town and decided to use the open ticket for the return bus which left us with 40 minutes to down 10 shots of tequialla each. Upon return we were somewhat intoxicated and I thought it was a good idea to bring an alive hedgehog we found along the way to a pizza parlour, they didnt see lightly on my suggestion that they prepare a special pizza for me with the alive hedgehog.

CURRENTLY
Sukiya wins hands down and it's not even close.
Because they have UNAGIIIIIIIIIIIII
Tell me where else to get cheap unagi at 3am and I'm there

But once they get rid of it again
Matsuya is the cheapest, most consistent, and I like their salad/sides too. Wish there was more meat though

No reason to go to any others unless they're closer to you but Nakau was great

Mett is the best. Maybe not a Mettigel, but man, maybe I'll eat me some nice Mettbrötchen upon arrival back home. A year of no proper bread or bread rolls was too much.
Couldn't agree more, would die for one of those plates with meats and bread they serve at many German restaurants.

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Yoshinoya > Sukiya > Matsuya, ordered by their chicken bowl since I don’t like beef

Matsuya sells chicken? Didn't know they have a standard menu item of this kind 😬

Honestly, it doesn’t look bad at all. Call me heretic, but the best Japanese rice bowl I had was outside Japan.

Wtf these are all over 1000 yen.
The whole point of these restaurants is you get to eat next to homeless people and addicts that only have 300yen to spend on lunch.

Wtf these are all over 1000 yen.
The whole point of these restaurants is you get to eat next to homeless people and addicts that only have 300yen to spend on lunch.
Isn’t $10-12 reasonably cheap by US standards?

As if any of these meals were just simply meat, rice, and other natural ingredients. Rather they are chemist’s experiments made with the cheapest of ingredients in every sense of the word “cheap”. Will kill you if that’s what you primarily subsist on. Every so often is ok I guess if you really like it..

Reactions: Cinnabums
Every so often is ok I guess if you really like it..
Convenience is the biggest factor to be honest. Needed a stomach filler at 5:30 in the morning for a long Comiket day, so helped myself with a bowlful of that delicious chicken bowl. Didn’t feel hungry until I crashed my hotel bed 11 hours later. Never had it since

Worked in Odaiba a few years ago, Rinkai line during Comiket, man was the train rancid. Obviously not everyone but a big chunk of the smelliest beasts in Japan left their boxes for that event.
Not at all when I was there. Maybe since it’s still COVID-affected so numbers weren’t that big, but odor-wise it was completely fine. Even the train wasn’t that crowded; I’ve seen worse on Tokyo morning rush hours.

The foul odor I could remember was the temporary toilets they set up near the queue, but I doubt anything could have helped that. At least it repressed any toilet needs until I arrived at my station.

Yoshinoya > Sukiya > Matsuya, ordered by their chicken bowl since I don’t like beef
I like both, but I can't lie; that chicken bowl hits a spot that that beef can't sometimes.