Guest viewing is limited

Sweetheart - Yurika

That's weird - haven't been myself for a few months but it was always the same guy (early 30's or so, glasses) and he was always super cool.

Sounds like maybe one of the therapists was manning the desk? It would be super strange for a Japanese shop staff to just say 出来ない with nothing to follow - most would at least apologize.

I wouldn't strike the shop off as closed to foreigners quite yet but that's certainly a black mark on their overall customer service - sorry to hear you received such shitty treatment.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
That's weird - haven't been myself for a few months but it was always the same guy (early 30's or so, glasses) and he was always super cool.

Sounds like maybe one of the therapists was manning the desk? It would be super strange for a Japanese shop staff to just say 出来ない with nothing to follow - most would at least apologize.

I wouldn't strike the shop off as closed to foreigners quite yet but that's certainly a black mark on their overall customer service - sorry to hear you received such shitty treatment.
I'm sure it was the right place. I followed the directions given on the site. I guess my 1 trip there can't officially strike it off the list, but that is what happened when I went there.

Other than the woman on her phone, do you renember a sort of glass booth being outside the door? The house sandals sitting outside? Elevator next to the すき家 that takes you up the 6th floor? In general, does this sound like the right place?

Yeah, that all sounds right. I don't think there are any similar shops right in that area and that all matches up to what I remember - maybe it went through a management change?

There was definitely a little booth and sandals to wear inside the shop - sounds dead on there.

Maybe the manager was just out that day? Still no excuse for that kind of service...

Unfortunate - I was reading first part of post and thinking about visiting next week while in town. Maybe I won't now. I will be in Shinjuku so don't want to travel there just to be turned away when I know of Asian Feeling/Relax is right there close to me. Did read New York New York review and was contemplating this while in town as well.

Yeah, that all sounds right. I don't think there are any similar shops right in that area and that all matches up to what I remember - maybe it went through a management change?

There was definitely a little booth and sandals to wear inside the shop - sounds dead on there.

Maybe the manager was just out that day? Still no excuse for that kind of service...
Unfortunate - I was reading first part of post and thinking about visiting next week while in town. Maybe I won't now. I will be in Shinjuku so don't want to travel there just to be turned away when I know of Asian Feeling/Relax is right there close to me. Did read New York New York review and was contemplating this while in town as well.

I'm fairly certain their was nothing else in the immediate area. I walked the block several times over, being that I wasn't sure that I was in the right place at first. I didn't see anything else.

I feel the same way as you @dicknhand691 , no point in crying over spilled milk, so to speak. Their are others who do the similar work and accept foreigners being that they are also foreign.

That's a shame, and very weird. I went 3 times in total, and the 2nd and 3rd time had a fantastic time with Miu (?) chan. Last time would have been August sometime. On the 1st and 2nd time, the cool owner guy with glasses saw me off at the genkan both times. The 3rd time some 40's (at least) chubby chinese woman was staffing the door. But she also seemed fairly friendly when I left and asked me kimochi-katta? etc.

Honestly I was really blown away by Miu chan which is why I went back the 3rd time and requested her. She gave a *lot* more than what I expected for a massage place (from what I have read here, and compared to what I received the first time with another girl, which was so-so).

Actually... generally speaking what is all this anti-Gaijin really about? I don't get it really, generally we are treated so well here...

Last edited: