Guest viewing is limited

Texts that are randomly returned

BankaSakka

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have a female friend that sends me texts about food. She will send me the text and then I respond. 5, 6 sometimes 10 days later she responds. She is living in my neighborhood and when I first came to Japan she offered to welcome me to Japan by sleeping on my futon. Then after a while she doesn't hang out and she doesn't allow any contact, but she texts still. Has anyone else had a J female do this? Is this normal? To be honest, I don't understand J females so...

Has anyone else had a J female do this? Is this normal? To be honest, I don't understand J females so...
Yes, it happens. Best to just drop her and move on. I don't think that's going to go anywhere and she's not much of a friend that sporadically replies like that.
I used to let it go and give them the benefit of the doubt, but I got tired of the random text and then days or weeks go by until another reply came randomly. That's just not fun.

Yes, it happens. Best to just drop her and move on. I don't think that's going to go anywhere and she's not much of a friend that sporadically replies like that.
I used to let it go and give them the benefit of the doubt, but I got tired of the random text and then days or weeks go by until another reply came randomly. That's just not fun.
Nope it's not fun at all. For the first few months here she made my life very pleasant. Then little by little she started to do the sporadic email thing. I tried to just not be mean and just block her, but since I am kinda seeing someone, I didn't want one of her random messages to appear and ruin things for me. Sometimes they start up at 3am! Then I am going to take your advice and just block her. It has been months since we have been in the same airspace together.

Why block her? Why not explain to her how you're feeling, or just don't reply?

She hasn't done anything wrong. She's probably got a busy life. I have friends that I talk to very rarely - it doesn't really matter; it's not an issue. I wouldn't block my friend because I only talked to them every now and then.

I don't think the person you're seeing should mind that a girl is talking to you... You're allowed to have friends.

I don't know, that's just my personal opinion of the situation :whistle:

I actually love girls that behave this way. They are in what I'd call a "far orbit" of friendship, they pass by every so often for some fun and companionship, then they are gone for a while.

You can use the Do Not Disturb setting on your phone to keep from getting interrupted late at night.

Hang loose, she just might come around when you really need to talk or be with someone.

I agree with @littlemissalice and @Jbagz. Blocking someone for not communicating with you in the manner you'd like is equivalent to saying, "The friendship is my way or no way at all"...not actually much of a friendship imo. And surely @littlemissalice is correct that there is nothing to be lost by talking to her about the issue and trying to resolve it before shutting her out/off.

-Ww